Russians return to Phuket

Jonathan Fairfield

3 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

PHUKET: The first direct commercial passenger flight from Russia since the tourism shutdown last year arrived in Phuket yesterday morning (Nov 6), bringing 277 tourists from Moscow.

Look-out girls Ivor Tortitshoff is in town.

• Haha 2

Phuket would expect to receive 300,000 visitors throughout December, giving an average of 10,000 visitors a day, Mr Bhummikitti said.

“The occupancy rate this month could gradually improve to 25-30% from 18-20% in October, before increasing to 35% in December,” he said.

How many hotel rooms are there in Phuket? 300,000 travellers in a month, say averaging 10 days so that's 100,000 at any one time, also usually 2 to a room so I make that around 50,000 rooms at peak. That's nowhere near 30%, even if they do somehow hit 10,000 a day.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bokningar said:

How can Russia be on the list of safe countries?

Last 14 days, 549 947 new cases and 16 107 dead from Covid.

and their numbers increasing on a daily basis, not to forget their Sputnik vaccine not FDA approved ...... amazingly $$$$$ (stupxx) thailand

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, madmitch said:

Phuket would expect to receive 300,000 visitors throughout December, giving an average of 10,000 visitors a day, Mr Bhummikitti said.

“The occupancy rate this month could gradually improve to 25-30% from 18-20% in October, before increasing to 35% in December,” he said.

How many hotel rooms are there in Phuket? 300,000 travellers in a month, say averaging 10 days so that's 100,000 at any one time, also usually 2 to a room so I make that around 50,000 rooms at peak. That's nowhere near 30%, even if they do somehow hit 10,000 a day.

you forgot to mention that TAT uses a different calculator  pr way of calculating  555

Edited by Mavideol

I look nothing like a Russian but years ago when every other tourist was from Russia I learned how to say "No!  Foxtrot Oscar!" in the mother tongue.  Niet! Otvali!

Very useful when numerous young Russian blokes approached me while having a quiet smoke outside Central Festival putting two fingers towards their mouth and gutturally uttering (read shouting) "zigaretta".

I'm sure my pronunciation is tragic but it got the job done. 

• Haha 1