Thailand’s Health Minister Vows to Make Marijuana Economic Crop

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

He also cited that medicinal herb such as cannabis extracts and medication is becoming popular in Thailand, saying many shops and restaurants are incorporating cannabis in their menus.

Medical marijuana was legalized in 2019—albeit it is still very strictly controlled: limited to specifically licensed clinics and hospitals.

Am I reading that correctly?

It strictly controlled to licensed clinics and hospitals, but he knows it is being used in shops and restaurants?????

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

When it comes to medical marijuana and cannabis Thailand is still somewhere in the dark ages, and words like promise and vow are good for the public but in actual fact not much will happen..

The Dark Ages? Thailand was the first country Asia to legalise medical cannabis. 

• Thanks 1

Good news. The more they talk about this the better it gets. In the past couple of years, we have had CBD and Krathom legalized. It is only a matter of time before recreational marijuana is legal.  Now, lets' talk about the attractions of a tourist destination like Thailand ... with legal weed, shall we?

• Haha 1

He's not making it an economic crop with the restrictions placed on its use in Thailand.  Not when use is limited to highly regulated and narrowly focused 'medical' use as well as allowing select restaurants to decorate a salad or entree with some Isaan-No-High pot leaf to virtue-signal a liberalism that is actually non-existent in Thailand.
If he truly wanted to make it an economic crop?  Then decriminalize it, open up it's medical use allowing the use of the raw flowers instead of extremely high-priced extracts, then allow average Thai citizens to grow it unimpeded.  But, the crops were never meant for the common folk to grow.  Only for Anutin's select friends.  Monopolies don't like competition.  Thailand COULD be a cannabis economic power house and net exporter - but it ain't gonna happen because it more important to keep the little-people in their place than to make money.

Edited by ArcticFox
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, natway09 said:

I do not know why we cannot have up to 5 plants for own use as long as does not leave the property

Our home now has kratom leaves in the fridge (I hate it) but I enjoy a good bud puff, sure beats alcohol

Kratom can rot in the fridge unless dried my friends did.

18 hours ago, bkk_bwana said:

The Dark Ages? Thailand was the first country Asia to legalise medical cannabis. 

I am naive when it comes to info on cannabis but I have heard that it can relieve many aches and pains plus a wonderful alternative to booze .  So having been suffering with spinal stenosis I asked my local government hospital    ( they have a special dedicated office for cannabis )   if they could prescribe it to me as other pain killers did not work .     No , was the answer , apparently for Thais only . A friend of mine  ( with similar health problems ) from the USA was also refused  .  Has anyone been able to get it through the legal channels ?

1 hour ago, superal said:

I am naive when it comes to info on cannabis but I have heard that it can relieve many aches and pains plus a wonderful alternative to booze .  So having been suffering with spinal stenosis I asked my local government hospital    ( they have a special dedicated office for cannabis )   if they could prescribe it to me as other pain killers did not work .     No , was the answer , apparently for Thais only . A friend of mine  ( with similar health problems ) from the USA was also refused  .  Has anyone been able to get it through the legal channels ?

Don't know about legal route,

But it works wonders for the slight arthritis pains in my knuckles.

And I fall asleep very quickly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, bkk_bwana said:

At the same time bud was widely available in Vietnam and Cambodia and nobody cared as long as you didn't smoke it on the public street.

Edited by BritManToo

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Don't know about legal route,

But it works wonders for the slight arthritis pains in my knuckles.

And I fall asleep very quickly.

Yes , I heard that you can sleep like a baby all night and wake without  a hangover .  Do you smoke it or eat it in food ?  If Thai families are allowed to grow it then it must be legal ? When I ask " where do you get it " most guys just change the subject .