TOP 40 Things: Greatest about Scotland and People hailing from Scotland. Can we name all 40?

GammaGlobulin

In my opinion, Scotland and people from Scotland, are both mysterious, simply because almost no one knows much about either the countryside of Scotland nor the people who live there, and also interesting.

As you may know, there are plenty of people here from Scotland, even if they rarely let you know.

Another thing, the people of Scotland have a long history in Hong Kong and other places in East Asia, over hundreds of years.

And yet, truth be told, no one hears much about what it is that makes people from Scotland, or their land, so special.

Scotland, therefore, for most of us, unfortunately, continues to remain a mysterious land, to many.

So many people from Scotland reside in Thailand.

Still, they sometimes seem almost invisible.

And so, I would like to know more about guys from Scotland.

What are the TOP 40 greatests things about the place and the people.

Sorry: 40 is only an arbitrary number.  Maybe you can think of 50, or 60.

Take care, my friends.

8 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Scotland, therefore, for most of us, unfortunately, continues to remain a mysterious land, to many.

Why is that didn't you have a history education which covered counties around the world. 

There is Wikipedia by the way. 

Nothing weird about my Scots pal his just the same as most ordinary decent people.

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Scotland could supply the worlds water, in 200 years it may be the most desirable place on earth

Been telling my kids the that....same goes for Wales and Ireland.......Scotland will be cooler as well, as the earth heats up.

Property/land could be a smart long term investment

4 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Scotland will be cooler as well, as the earth heats up.

Cooler as in "that's cool" or as in "brrrrrrr"?

Your statement surprised me so just had a look, and the latest crystal ball says:

• Scotland will experience warmer, wetter winters, with more intense rainfall events. By 2050 under a low emissions scenario, average winters are projected to be around 8% wetter and 1 degree warmer. By 2080 under a high emissions scenario average winters are projected to be around 19% wetter and 2.7 degrees warmer.
  • Scotland will experience hotter, drier summers, with greater extremes. By 2050 under a low emissions scenario, average summers are projected to be around 1.2 degrees warmer and 7% drier. By 2080 under a high emissions scenario average summers are projected to be around 3 degrees warmer and 18% drier.

https://www.historicenvironment.scot/about-us/news/new-climate-projections-summary-for-scotland/

Just now, Salerno said:

Cooler as in "that's cool" or as in "brrrrrrr"?

Your statement surprised me so just had a look, and the latest crystal ball says:

• Scotland will experience warmer, wetter winters, with more intense rainfall events. By 2050 under a low emissions scenario, average winters are projected to be around 8% wetter and 1 degree warmer. By 2080 under a high emissions scenario average winters are projected to be around 19% wetter and 2.7 degrees warmer.
  • Scotland will experience hotter, drier summers, with greater extremes. By 2050 under a low emissions scenario, average summers are projected to be around 1.2 degrees warmer and 7% drier. By 2080 under a high emissions scenario average summers are projected to be around 3 degrees warmer and 18% drier.

https://www.historicenvironment.scot/about-us/news/new-climate-projections-summary-for-scotland/

I would agree with all of that, but the point is Scotland will, by comparison with England, remain cooler and have water to spare.

Water wars are coming

Steam trains 

Television 

Bay City rollers

Billy Connolly

Sean Connery

Annie Lennox

Donnovan 

Scotch whiskey 

Distinguished Engineers are well over 40 on there own which I think  are representing Scotland the most .

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, itsari said:

Steam trains 

Television 

Bay City rollers

Billy Connolly

Sean Connery

Annie Lennox

Donnovan 

Scotch whiskey 

Distinguished Engineers are well over 40 on there own which I think  are representing Scotland the most .

Tut......whisky

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, itsari said:

Steam trains 

Television 

Bay City rollers

Billy Connolly

Sean Connery

Annie Lennox

Donnovan 

Scotch whiskey 

The Krankies

• Haha 2