Too many chairs? How many have you got?

Jingthing

Actual chairs, 6 around the dining table, 2 office chairs... and 1 plastic chair that floats around outside/inside... and we had 1 floating rocker style chair which my FIL started sleeping in and so we gave it to him to take home... 

We do have 2 large sofas that get used more than the chairs... but your not counting them - why? who knows? 

Six or three. I bought two high backed chairs for the bar in the rec room & one desk chair. The other three are replacing the condo owners riky-tiky table chairs, which as might be expected, are as cheap & uncomfortable as to be useless.

I would do the same with the cheap and uncomfortable sofa but have nowhere I can store it, unlike the riky-tiky chair set. 

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Me and my 10yo son use the dining room chairs when dining.

I hear you..................when I lived in an older style concrtete built property in a Koh Samui coconut plantation we always ate on the floor, true 20th Century Thai style, I just loved that, sooooh informal.................... but when living at our modern Moo Bahn home after in CM, it was all dining table, sitting on the floor just wouldn't have seemed right.........gotta say tho, if I had to vote, give me floor anyday........................................

Dining room table - 6

Desk chairs - 1

Patio chairs - 5

Wife's vanity - 1

Good camping chairs - 7 = used if many visitors or camping - neither happens lately.....

Edited by pgrahmm
Found another chair

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Nonsense. All my 'Thai family'  seem to avoid all chairing and sit on the floor with seafood, somtam  and bottles of Chang

There ya go. 

That works. 

Siwilai. 

Who needs chairs, benches, sitees and the like for indoor living/entertaining. 

Outdoor.....? That's a different set of circumstances and decorum. 

Though, since the old days of three large bottles of Chang for B100 [remember the promotion?] and the base recipe modification has led everyday common Thais to somewhat abandon Chang domestic as the beverage of choice. 

Replace Leo, homebrew Lao khao or Ya Dong for today's Chang - and you'll be right. 

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

How many chairs do you have (in what sized housing space)?

None in upstairs main bedroom, none on landing, 3 seater settee 2 armchairs in TV room, 5 in computer room, 1 in a ground floor bedroom none in the 3rd bedroom, none in the kitchen, 4 two seater outside at the front of house.

And plenty of floor space where mostly Thai people sit. ????

6 around the table.i settee,2 armchairs and 1 at the wifes computer downstairs 

upstairs i high back at my computer and one bed settee in the spare room

the main bedroom one chair and in our sons room one high back at his computer desk with another to the side ,he has four screens ,does something online that he gets paid for (dont ask its something to do with gameing and thousands of followers)

i must have to much time on my hands to be even answering this post and jing you must be running out of things to post about????

• Haha 1

The rules have changed in the middle of the game.

Now large bean bags that you can sit on do count as chairs.

Does anyone actually have one?

The 70s are calling and wants to take a picture.

That said the question about whether hot dogs in a bun count as sandwiches remains undetermined.

38 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The rules have changed in the middle of the game.

Now large bean bags that you can sit on do count as chairs.

Does anyone actually have one?

The 70s are calling and wants to take a picture.

That said the question about whether hot dogs in a bun count as sandwiches remains undetermined.

After this new wrinkle I'll start looking for a lava lamp...

• Haha 2