20k THB reward for people who report law breaking motorcyclists

webfact

does that include no helmets...6 of the family on 1 bike .. noise pollution  exhausts .. wrong way up 4 lane roads ect ect ..never going to stop it they have been allowed to do it for so long that to them the stupid things they do are normal..... but for 20 grand i bet a few will be keeping the phone ready eh 

• Thanks 1

This is just another disgusting policy, turning the people against their follow citizen, just like the East German Stazi. What was one of the friendiest places on earth will soon be like the Soviet Union, a hateful place where no one trusts one another.

You guys must get democracy back before it's too late.......

• Like 1

What's wrong with the RTP doing it?

I have been plying a regular main road route on my bicycle for nearly four years. There are two road traffic RTP offices within 10kms of each other. I have NEVER seen a police car patrolling this road that would keep ten police Officers on either side of the road busy throughout the daylight hours

here are some of the offences I see absolutely every day I am biking.

Speeding,

No helmets

Hogging the Outside lane

Parking on pedestrian crossings

Driving down the wrong side of the road

Schoolchildren riding Motorcycles  often very fast and in the outside lane

If I stop and take clips of these offenders and earn money, will I need a work permit?

There's a ton of money just waiting to be taken of these people and those who won't pay can have their vehicles impounded and ultimately sold to make yet more money.

Benefits would be less traffic, less deaths and injuries and some harsh lessons learned. And maybe some of the money could facilitate a better pension for the elderly.

And let's not forget that staying within the law  costs nothing.

Yes, I know, I am dreaming!

• Like 2

Little off topic but relevant

In the past few weeks had to visit Pattaya police station quite a few times, went mornings, afternoons and evening.

At all times, its empty, not in terms of no people but empty no police officers.

The reporting room has 2 officers, 1 to take your report and 1 (roywen)

Where are 100 plus police officers? they sure are not on the roads, because i do not see any at all.

How about having police officers do their job instead of taking joy rides? When they see an idiot double parked, stop and issue a fine, when they see an idiot doing a uturn across double solid lines, pull them over and issue a fine.

If all police went to work for 1 day and 1 day only, i am certain they will make more money in fines than their yearly budget in 1 day. From double parking, to illegal parking, to illegal uturns, parking on the footpath, blocking driveways and so on

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chad3000 said:

It's totally out of control where I live. Less than a week ago I saw four motos on the footpath same time ,- within eyesight.

I'm gonna get smacked I know it.

Don't you wish you could carry a iron bar and throw it through their front wheel spokes 

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Those who reported could also have a chance to win a prize of up to 20,000 baht every month.

How's that for vague english! Do you have a chance to win or you could have a chance to win (if the police don't pocket the 20k lottery prize)? So everyone will have to trust that someone wins every month, as the winner will have to remain anonymous (snitches get stitches). Another case of trust the authority with zero accountability.

II's ballsy of the police to admit they can't do the job and need help. As we know, admitting it is half the battle.

I have to give it to them, this is ingenious, deputize the dirty work with an incentive of maybe getting paid for it. That is a solid game, whoever came up with the it. The cost is a fraction of a penny on the dollar for free labor, so the police work will be done by the citizens while the police get more time in their chairs or whatever they do to pass the time. Brilliant on their part!

INstall a Go-Pro camera in a discrete location (facing the road and pavement of course) with an SD disk (should be good for four hours) and an external battery pack as the internal battery only lasts 20-30 minutes. Switch it on, retire and come back at a quiet time later.....

I'll accept 10% of the reward money for anybody who uses my patented idea.

I should have put this in my first post.

This exact stunt has been done already and not too long ago.

Does anyone recall that student getting smacked on the footpath? Maybe a year back? It was posted on TV as well.

Oh the uproar.

Also want to say the main corner that sees all the bikes on the footpath is directly across from police box.

Finally, seems no shortage of cops lurking to catch foreign smokers flicking butts. Has anyone ever seen a cop fining motoson foothpath??

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"20k THB reward for people who report law breaking motorcyclists"

That's not true, it's a very misleading title.

What the article actually reported is...

"...Those who reported could also have a chance to win a prize of up to 20,000 baht every month.  Prizes will be offered to clip owners to win up to 20,000 baht. About 10 prizes will be given away every month, totaling 50,000 baht,”

Awww…damn! Thought I’d made a million on my first day.. ???? 

19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"20k THB reward for people who report law breaking motorcyclists"

That's not true, it's a very misleading title.

What the article actually reported is...

"...Those who reported could also have a chance to win a prize of up to 20,000 baht every month.  Prizes will be offered to clip owners to win up to 20,000 baht. About 10 prizes will be given away every month, totaling 50,000 baht,”

Can the police enter?

25 minutes ago, elgenon said:

Can farangs cash in on this? I'd give the evidence to particular cop who would get a % in return for protection. 555

I have a tele-photo lens, and I could set up on one of the overpasses near a popular taxi or delivery route, and make a nice living if wanting ... 555

One hour a day, at rush hour, near a U-turn, where they'll go 50 meter on sidewalk instead of 1 kms on the roadway for a legal U-turn ... 555

CAM1.jpg

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I have a tele-photo lens, and I could set up on one of the overpasses near a popular taxi or delivery route, and make a nice living if wanting ... 555

One hour a day, at rush hour, near a U-turn, where they'll go 50 meter on sidewalk instead of 1 kms on the roadway for a legal U-turn ... 555

CAM1.jpg

Do it!!! But forget reporting the birds for flying the wrong way. 555

• Like 1