Bars, pubs and nightclubs in Thailand could remain closed until 2022

webfact

3 hours ago, Stefanix said:

That's right. Just came back from a stroll along Sukhumvit. Many new "restaurants" in the Sois, serving mainly liquid food. Hooters in Soi 4 is open with a big banner "we are open", as well some other places across. The infamous Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy are closed. Walking along Sukhumvit, suddenly a dark door opens and a curtain being pulled away, revealing a bar with pool billiard and some female, well, players, inviting me to come in. Sukhumvit is full of bored females (I think more than usually, but haven't been here for some time) confirming how attractive you are and that you should spend time with them. Some Sports Bars along Sukhumvit  are open as well, seems officially, with opening hours displayed outside. I think the reopening is unstoppable, unless the army intervenes.

best time ever I guess, I am sold, booking now ????

3 hours ago, Blumpie said:

I understand how it's customary to have a beer with the guys at a bar, and how frustrating this must be for those that are used to it.

Its probably a good time to figure out another way to get together and have a beer.  Lawn bowling?  Well maybe not that, but something. ????  

nothing wrong with lawn bowls. down here in 'Straya some bowls clubs have "barefoot bowls and beers" nights in the summertime to attract the younger crowd.

5 hours ago, robertson468 said:

Koh Samui, probably the third or fourth most popular Tourist Venue has not eased the ban on alcohol in Restaurants - not only stupid, but absolutely pathetic!

I heard the Black club on Samui is now open and selling alcohol, plus a few bars?

The only thing at the moment that gives me any optimism is the speed at which the Thais can open / re-open / build a bar. Meaning that when (if) this government come to their senses and end the anti-tourism measures, the nightlife can be revived pretty quickly. 

10 hours ago, Nojohndoe said:

Were there not  pre- pandemic utterances of the desire to remodel Pattaya as a "family friendly" location?

Many seem to forget they had tried "family friendly" in BKK years ago: Dinosaur Park! It was an utter failure. Who wants to come to Thailand for such a thing, when I'm sure something like it exists in their home countries? It seems now this is what they want to bulldoze Patts for.

Patts is well known for one thing in particular, and short of creating something on the scale of Jurassic Park, I doubt that'll ever change.

• Haha 1

was hopeful at one point that they'd be open for December, given that some areas have been given the green light and it's their busiest time of the year for tourism

70% will by vaccinated by around December 4th, yet this still won't be enough

https://covidvax.live/location/tha

nothing would change even with 100% vaccinated going by the way they run things

44 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Many seem to forget they had tried "family friendly" in BKK years ago: Dinosaur Park! It was an utter failure. Who wants to come to Thailand for such a thing, when I'm sure something like it exists in their home countries? It seems now this is what they want to bulldoze Patts for.

Patts is well known for one thing in particular, and short of creating something on the scale of Jurassic Park, I doubt that'll ever change.

Unfortunately that "one thing in particular" is seen as a blight on the face of Thailand by some puritans and government officials, seems now they are hell bent on killing it completely!

18 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I basically gave up even trying to find logic in Thailand.

But sometimes I still think: Why?

What do they think is the point of this? Do they want to make sure fewer people visit Thailand? Do they think more people will get infected when more places, with close contact, will open?

Is it just to pi@$ off people? What is the real reason for this?

I think even those people who make the decisions must be aware that nightlife is a major attraction for people who live in Thailand and who visit Thailand.

Hanlon's razor is an adage or rule of thumb that states "never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".

• Like 2

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

More stupidity of the stunning variety. 

I can understand crowded bars, and clubs, where you have to shout to be heard, and in the process you release alot of spittle. But a restaurant? Or a hotel? Why? It only appears to be an additional hardship for hundreds of thousands who are only trying to make a living, and patrons who are only trying to let off a little steam and enjoy some much needed recreation. If anything, allowing drinking in restaurants brings down the national crime rates!

The CCSA continues to prove on a daily basis how lost in space they are, how out of their element they are, how in over their heads they are, and how extreme their denial of science based facts is. So, where is the science? If anything the shutdown of restaurants likely causes more harm, than good. Both psychologically for the population, and financially for the community and the families involved in running the restaurant.

Beer does not cause Covid. Neither does wine. Brain dead politicians do encourage the spread of Covid, with their highly selective shutdowns. But, prohibiting acholol sales does sabotage an industry and contribute to the continued destruction of the nation's economy. 

At this time, the nation would really benefit if there were some intelligent and compassionate adults in the rooms, where these decisions are being made.

Woe is Thailand with leaders like Prayuth, Anutin and Phiphat. Where do they find these clowns? 

With reports of more establishments serving drinks and customers not being fined, I think it is just a matter of time before there is a revolt by Joe Public against measures which are ruining the the livelihoods and lives if many people. With people having their double vaccinations to reduce the severity of covid upon them, I think the new normal is that we have to live with Covid as we have done with other contagious diseases. Boost the vaccination rate and open up the country.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, FalangJaiDee said:

I feel the need to stir the pot. Does anyone else believe this is a DELIBERATE effort to kill the red-light venues, as an indirect way to actualize the xenophobia of the current “administration.” They hate foreigners, they want them out, and this is an effective way to do it without overtly declaring so; similar to the retirement alterations 

There is no other logic behind these specific closures, considering that places like tree town are blatantly selling alcohol and the place is packed with people every night. there is no logic in closing open air bars if this is allowed max

Hanlon's razor is an adage or rule of thumb that states "never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

No, we sit outside on the sidewalk at Treetop on soi Buakhao.

The 7-11 is to crowded with customers.

Do you share a bottle of beer with your mates, and all 4 of you all have a straw, like some do!?????

(JO......KING!)????

• Haha 1

Wow, today is Nov 12th, and this is the latest brain wave of the General PM,

I wonder what his great leadership will bring Thailand by December 15th.

Will the selfish business people of Thailand give the PM a free swim in a 

big vat somewhere?  I will certainly be hoping that by 2022, Thailand will

be a bit more normal than the crazy country it is today.

Geezer

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

was hopeful at one point that they'd be open for December, given that some areas have been given the green light and it's their busiest time of the year for tourism

70% will by vaccinated by around December 4th, yet this still won't be enough

https://covidvax.live/location/tha

nothing would change even with 100% vaccinated going by the way they run things

congrats to Thailand for catching up so quickly with 70% vaccination rate, that's the current average here in Europe, and we started 6 months earlier :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

???? UPDATES: Curfew remains only in six provinces in the dark red zone until at least the end of this month. 

Pubs and bars now cannot open nationwide until 15th January. Originally the prime minister said they can open on 1st December.

#Thailand
This is definitely nothing to do with Covid !

Pattaya is doomed

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

perfect timing. tourists all back home at work & school !

My guess is that they were more worried about clusters which could result from Thai people partying on new year's eve, than about foreigners

17 minutes ago, candide said:

My guess is that they were more worried about clusters which could result from Thai people partying on new year's eve, than about foreigners

What about the thousands who descended on Pattaya last W.E the several more thousand who are going to Koh Larn this W.E., Loy Krathorn and the Fireworks display. Are these people immune too Covid, why are they allowing alcohol to be sold in Bangkok where there is the biggest cluster ?

My guess is there will be another lockdown, new waves are hitting countries all over the world, countries are panicking, latest example is Austria going into lockdown today, Thailand has a history of panicking so sadly a lockdown may eventually come here, so bars opening looks less and less likely, they are kicking the can down the road, hopefully I'm wrong