Thailand’s nightlife venues to reopen on Jan 16, subject to assessment

snoop1130

5 minutes ago, rott said:
15 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

November 1st was officially announced, there was no announcement of entertainment restrictions lifting on December 1st...that's probably why you don't know where you read it.   Thaivisa speculators don't count!

No it was not an official announcement but it was at least as "definite" as the 15th or 16th January. 

The January 16th date is an official announcement, not a consideration or a maybe.  From the link...

"Pubs, bars and karaoke bars, located in restricted and “sandbox” areas, are given until January 16th to make preparations and improvements ahead of evaluation by assessment committees in each province.

Venues which pass the assessment will be registered and allowed to reopen for business and must strictly comply with the safety measures". 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, 2long said:
20 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

November 1st was officially announced, there was no announcement of entertainment restrictions lifting on December 1st...that's probably why you don't know where you read it.   Thaivisa speculators don't count!

It WAS mentioned officially but not confirmed. It even came out of Prayuth's mouth and we all know it.

Jan 16th isn't 'confirmed' either, so let's have this same argument in 2 months.

It was mentioned as being considered, that's all.

January 16th is confirmed...

"Pubs, bars and karaoke bars, located in restricted and “sandbox” areas, are given until January 16th to make preparations and improvements ahead of evaluation by assessment committees in each province.

Venues which pass the assessment will be registered and allowed to reopen for business and must strictly comply with the safety measures." 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:
20 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

Gen Prayut's Oct 11 speech

"By Dec 1, we will also consider allowing the consumption of alcoholic beverages in restaurants, as well as the reopening of entertainment venues under appropriate health precautions to support the revitalisation of the tourism and leisure sectors, especially during the new year period,"

Expand  

And once again a certain poster gets it all wrong ????????????

"By Dec 1, we will also consider...the reopening of entertainment venues..."

Which poster has "once again got it all wrong" and what exactly has he got wrong?

10 minutes ago, rott said:
14 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Thanks for confirming that there has been no announcement of further re-opening on December 1st...

By Dec 1, we will also consider allowing the consumption of alcoholic beverages in restaurants, as well as the reopening of entertainment venues..."

"Consider" does not mean "re-open".

Expand  

No need to keep on digging. 

Why?  Is your hole deep enough now?!

• Confused 1

Well that's nobody booking anything here at least until it's been proved the bars are open. I don't drink a lot but I know holidays and at least a relaxing drink at a bar go along with a holiday especially a New Years Eve holiday.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The January 16th date is an official announcement, not a consideration or a maybe.  From the link...

Venues which pass the assessment will be registered and allowed to reopen for business and must strictly comply with the safety measures". 

Official announcements have been known to be changed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

Let's not put weight in what words are used in a translation from Thai.

Well, not as long as the translation of the OP makes your previous comment, copied below, wrong, eh?!..

"Gen Prayut's Oct 11 speech

"By Dec 1, we will also consider allowing the consumption of alcoholic beverages in restaurants, as well as the reopening of entertainment venues under appropriate health precautions to support the revitalisation of the tourism and leisure sectors, especially during the new year period,"

Edited by Liverpool Lou

27 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Thanks for confirming that there has been no announcement of further re-opening on December 1st...

By Dec 1, we will also consider allowing the consumption of alcoholic beverages in restaurants, as well as the reopening of entertainment venues..."

"Consider" does not mean "re-open".

Exactly. I even think they said they would consider the possibility of reopening the bars.

He's actually kept to his word this time... He promised to consider by Dec 1. Here we are on Nov 12th and it's already been considered.

The conclusion sucks, but there you go...

• Like 1

So wonderful news for all the bar owners in my town, which is not a touristy province, to which some of them were sprucing their places up in the hope of opening in 2 weeks time, but no. I'd say a good 50% have gone to the wayside, cleared out and the signs removed. For the remainder now, who were probably hoping for a new year boom have yet again been let down.

Yeah yeah yeah Covid yet if it attracts international tourists then maybe but for the rest of the provinces screw you. Wonderful attitude by yer man "don't be selfish" to the business owners slowly dying or dead already. So you can eat in a crowded mukata no problem in my town but you can't have a beer in a bar. One solution is the same as reduced percentages of tables and seats in restaurants ...why not the same in a bar? Another solution if you wanna get separatist is only allow folk in the bar with a 'Mor Prom' proof of double vax. But no ....why would a leader who I believe doesn't drink consider this? I bet the Sangha are loving it too btw. 

Also Jan 15th is still not an automatic day for the bars plus plenty of hoops to jump through if so, I'm absolutely sure many bar owners here will today be considering giving up as even when that date nears it can be once again pushed back. Their trust in government promises has gone 4sure.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, champers said:

This may turn out to be the best long-term option, though I know that owners of bars and other night time venues are hurting. I would hate to see the place back up and running too soon only to have to shut down yet again. 

Please lock yourself in your room and not risk your health partying with us "dirty falangs"

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I don't dispute that; what is being discussed is the incorrect interpretation of "may be considered" as meaning "official announcement", in some posters minds.

In today's BP the spokesman for the CCSA said the PLAN for reopening on 1st December had been deferred. 

1 hour ago, 2long said:

It WAS mentioned officially but not confirmed. It even came out of Prayuth's mouth and we all know it.

Jan 16th isn't 'confirmed' either, so let's have this same argument in 2 months.

something about Jan 16 too,massage shops closing 1 dec  reopening Jan 16   Why?

• Confused 1

As the Muppet in chief is a virulent anti alcohol campaigner I suspect he will do whatever he can to stamp out any future nightlife and entertainment in the country that wants to serve customers alcohol.

Better off in Saudi Arabia than here in terms of getting a beer in a bar or pub.

Consequently I have cancelled my hotel in Pattaya for the first time ever over Christmas.

The quicker these idiots are out of government the better.

However in the parallel Thai universe beer is still being served where I live in the bush, all be it discreetly.

• Like 1