Poll: Expats -- do you identify as a globalist?

Jingthing

Globalism, Globalist, Globalization  

160 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

If you think it does, it does. If not, it doesn't.

Well I was trying not to be rude but I really don't have a clue what the term means, it appears to be one of those words bandied about that really have no meaning except to sound vaguely intelligent.

And NO I can't be bothered to call up an online dictionary.

Edited by Golden Triangle
Extra info
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

OK. Nobody is forcing you to even read the topic much less do research. 

I have indeed managed not to respond, as soon as I saw the title of the thread I ignored it, wish I still had, nevermind, perhaps I can put it on ignore along with a few annoying posters ????

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I have indeed managed not to respond, as soon as I saw the title of the thread I ignored it, wish I still had, nevermind, perhaps I can put it on ignore along with a few annoying posters ????

What's stopping you?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

On the surface, this had the makings of a really good topic from the 'expat perspective', and was very relevant to those living in the Kingdom, but unfortunately, the chosen keywords in the opening paragraph took the topic in another direction for the most part.................some might think the 'expat persepective' was just a distraction.......................................

On 11/15/2021 at 6:51 PM, ozimoron said:

Are you suggesting that any news (or political opinion) media are "good"? If so, which ones?

News that reports the facts without showing the presenter/ interviewer's face as often as possible is good.

Of all the "news" channels that I have seen, Al Jazeera comes top for factual. Having IMO gone somewhat woke recently, I can't say it's the best, but it is trying to get there, unlike other news channels that IMO cater to the lowest denominator.

Some are so bad I won't even watch them.

• Like 1