New Govt committee to sustainably address overpriced lottery tickets

webfact

18 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Sounds like a permanent committee?

Honestly, if they haven't sorted out the graft/skim/corruption in the lottery distribution system by now just give up.

Maybe form a committee to see how the previous committees failed?

But gambling is illegal in Thailand.????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Nonsense. How could Seksakol Atthawong, assistant minister at the Prime Minister’s Office, have any credibility, be believed, or actively engage in work that benefits the masses? That goes against everything his boss represents. 

Promotional newspeak rhetoric. 

The game.

• Like 1

Huge opportunity for the decision makers in govt to secure their pension supplement. Purchase modern lottery computorised machines and win a big brown envelope. and solve the problem of pricing. A smart official could sell the franchise to one of the big chains like 711 or Tesco.  "PENNIES FROM HEAVEN"

• Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The latter is involved in this matter due to its responsibility of addressing the plights of members of the general public.

Not all vendors are selling overpriced tickets, so all the public has to do is only buy from those selling at the correct price. Hardly rocket science. If people want to spend on the overpriced tickets then it's up to them, surely.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

He said a working committee for the sustainable solving of the government lottery problem will be established with representatives from the Government Lottery Office, the Ministry of Finance, the civil sector, and the Office of the Permanent Secretary to the Prime Minister’s Office.

Why does it take a committee... the government should state a ticket price.

There are enough police around every city/town/village to witness ticket sellers prices daily.

If they are above price ban the seller.

It could be stopped overnight.

• Like 1

I used to spend a lot of time with family down in Nakhon Si Thammarat. For what I knew in those days all the lottery there was the "underground" type anyway. Don't recall ever seeing any sellers of the official lottery. My ex's family were often winners on the underground lottery and occasionally there were big parties on the winnings.

• Like 1

The Government want to control the price of lottery tickets to the official

price of 80 Thb , the price printed on the ticket, BUT my wife bought a ticket

off ,what she said was  official Government website for selling tickets online 

the price was 96 Thb....... ???? , 

regards Worgeordie

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

The Government want to control the price of lottery tickets to the official

price of 80 Thb , the price printed on the ticket, BUT my wife bought a ticket

off ,what she said was  official Government website for selling tickets online 

the price was 96 Thb....... ???? , 

regards Worgeordie

There is no official government website selling tickets, your wife was just fooled.

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Not all vendors are selling overpriced tickets, so all the public has to do is only buy from those selling at the correct price. Hardly rocket science. If people want to spend on the overpriced tickets then it's up to them, surely.

Are there any Government Lottery Offices selling tickets at the correct price??  I had found a few ladies that sold them baht 80 each, but expected a tip after you bought them - okay, I tip everyone anyway so no sweat.  But in Vietnam, there are govt lottery offices everywhere with tens of thousands of tickets for sale every day.