Ministry official hints you'll need to be vaxxed to do things in public in Thailand

webfact

I won’t be returning to Thailand until those horrid face masks are well and truly gone. So far, in Australia, have had to wear one of the things for a grand total of 40 minutes, while getting my AZ shots. By contrast, having to be jabbed with a tiny needle to be allowed entry to Thailand, even if it’s every 6 months for the rest of my life, which is looking increasingly likely, is utterly trivial. Those with genuine medical reasons should be exempt of course.

16 minutes ago, sungod said:

Certainly, this is what we generally use on here,

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/?fbclid=IwAR35ZFiRZJ8tyBCwazX2N-k7yJjZOLDQiZSA_MsJAfdK74s8f2a_Dgx4iVk

These guys are acknowledged as credible,

https://covid19.who.int/

Oh, and the BBC have this.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-51235105

Every country including the WHO admits the numbers are under counted. Heck. Many countries don't even report numbers!  LOL

So you really believe the numbers reported by Thailand? Come on.

Edited by Jeffr2

10 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

no jab no extension.. only a matter of time..

this one will be easy to enforce and oh so popular amongst the ruling elite

I would fully agree with such a rule at least you improve the quality of expats that way. Of course people who can't for medical reasons excluded. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Toolong said:

I don't wish to shift too much from the main issue here, which is essentially the possible imposition of restrictive & puntive social sanctions against those unvaccinated, but could someone just explain to me why I might be incorrect in thinking that if vaccinated people can still become infected with C19.....and if vaccinated people can still infect others with C19, why should it be assumed that UNvaccinated people are a particular risk to others? (A risk to themselves, yes.) It's a genuine query and I am happy to be shown up as having faulty logic or as being uninformed if that is the case. 

(I am fully vaccinated btw, but only cos I could see exactly this kind of s**t coming down the road.....and lo, here it comes.)

I agree with G Rex. Also, this...

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2021/08/study-ties-covid-vaccines-lower-transmission-rates

2 hours ago, Zesper said:

The misinformation is that a lot of hospitalized people and deaths are over the age of 60 and have multiple underlying health conditions that were there before this pandemic started. The virus will attack harder on those who have these underlying health conditions, especially diabetes and those overweight. I wish they would also show that if you're under the age of 60 and in fairly good health, your chances of survival and doing regular home isolation is 99%. Even the CDC said that. You will survive. Thousands of Americans are doing just that are are surviving but you don't hear about that enough. All you hear about on media outlets are how gravely you need the jab and that you won't survive if you don't get it. That's being manipulative. Now mandating it is just ridiculous to something that you CAN survive from. Leave it as a choice. Period.  

Good thing that the vaccination has no effect on who is tying up valuable ICU's and stressing the health care system....oh wait a minute

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

no jab no extension.. only a matter of time..

this one will be easy to enforce and oh so popular amongst the ruling elite

It doesn't matter, I go take a vaccinated agent????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldhand said:

There are 2 parts to it -

The first is the fear of a further dangerous variant and this is made much more likely the more people who are infected so by increasing your potential for infection by being unvaccinated you are potentially making it more likely.

The second is better explained by the CDC below. This was an early post but the later data now confirms this 

• Fully vaccinated people with Delta variant breakthrough infections can spread the virus to others. However, vaccinated people appear to spread the virus for a shorter time: For prior variants, lower amounts of viral genetic material were found in samples taken from fully vaccinated people who had breakthrough infections than from unvaccinated people with COVID-19. For people infected with the Delta variant, similar amounts of viral genetic material have been found among both unvaccinated and fully vaccinated people. However, like prior variants, the amount of viral genetic material may go down faster in fully vaccinated people when compared to unvaccinated people. This means fully vaccinated people will likely spread the virus for less time than unvaccinated people.

Now this explains so much, I think. It certainly offers a better understanding of this matter (to me anyway) and I thank you very much for posting this, oldhand. ????????

(It does certainly suggest  that 'logic' may after all be found in such restrictive & potentially unpopular & contentious measures/prejudice against unvaxxed folk. Potentially.

Yet I doubt the particular logic of what is clear in your post underpins the Thai authorities' apparent stance on this. If it does, then surely they should better inform people, Thai & foreigner alike.)

????????

2 hours ago, soumanioco said:

You don't get it do you...

Because the only way to get our lives back is for this to end.

And the pandemic will end when the entire population reaches the aggregate that will include the cured, the dead and the vaccinated, so the virus will not be able to find others to infect. The few vaccinated cases here and there will be a walk in the park compared to what's happening now.

I'm beginning to 'get it', soumanioco. ????????

3 hours ago, mahtin said:

Me too, have not heard again.

But, didn't just sit on my thumb and wait. Got busy lookin for other options. Found the possibility of signing up with Bangkok Hospital Khon Kaen. Got Astra Zeneca free late August, second vaccine free Pfizer early October. Mix and match by my special request.

At that time they didn't limit it to Khon Kaen residents. Don't know about now.

Why don't you find out?

[email protected]

First class English speaking, no charge. If you can't go there, ask for advice.

Totally agree. You have to be proactive. I was, and now the wifey & I are both double vaxed with Pfizer as of the middle of September. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LukKrueng said:

That's the 1 (or many) billions $$ question I guess only Pfizer and the other vax manufacturers have the answer to. 

Personally - the more governments around the world push for vaccinations, the less I'm willing to get the jabs

I understand why you say that, Lukkrueng, I do. Believe me, I do. These really are the strangest of times. ????????

4 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

Ten percent of all intensive care patients are vaccinated in Germany.

https://www.mdr.de/mdr-thueringen/redakteur-corona-impfdurchbrueche-100.html

It depends a lot on how many people are vaccinated, and that number has increased significantly.

70% are vaccinated and 10% of this group occupy the intensive care beds.

30% are not vaccinated and occupy 90% of all intensive care beds.

The chance of ending up in an intensive care bed as an unvaccinated person is 5 times higher than that of a vaccinated person. 

Actually it is 21 times higher : Suppose population is 1000

So 700 vaxed and 300 non vaxed. Now suppose there are 100 intensive care beds. Then 10% of beds are vaxed = 10. And 90% of the beds are unvaxed= 90. So for the 10 intensive care/700 vaxed  = .0142 And for the unvaxed it is 90 cases/300 unvaxed = .3  Then the unvaxed/vaxed risk is .3/.0142 = 21 times higher risk for unvaxed . And this also works if there was 200 beds: 20/700= .0285 vaxed . 180/300 = .6 unvaxed. So .6/.0285 = 21

Edited by morrobay
  • Like 1