Survey suggests 70% of Thais ready to travel abroad within the next six months

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The media interpreted this as Thais saying that if foreigners can come here, we want to go there.

Because most places worth a bean are properly vaxxed, and with decent vaccines. Anyway, Let’s just hope the rest of the world doesn’t make it as difficult as it is to get into your country. 

I knew that alot of people just read headlines, but damn, 90% of the posts so far are from people who obviously didn't read the article. That is how the news is manipulating the masses while still being able to say their articles are factual.

It is no wonder elites have lttle respect for the masses when they can manipulate so many so easily. 

45 minutes ago, Tim207 said:

I knew that alot of people just read headlines, but damn, 90% of the posts so far are from people who obviously didn't read the article. That is how the news is manipulating the masses while still being able to say their articles are factual.

It is no wonder elites have lttle respect for the masses when they can manipulate so many so easily. 

90 % of posters were pointing out that the headline is misleading and therefore so is the whole article 

9 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

Yes to work in Korea an earn some real cash for 5 years ????

Rigth.My exgf nephew went to korea.Paid an agent in BKK about 100.000 bath for that.

After 3 months in korea he didnt get any salary yet..only a meal a day.Thethai embassy helped him get back home.

That headline is BS No way no how can 70% of the Thai population afford to go abroad. I don't even think that many have ever left the country. 

Go to Isaan or most anyplace in Thailand and see how many actually can afford to take a foreign trip.

I know further in the article it says the survey was of their readers, but in that case, that's what the headline should say. 

Edited by spermwhale

7 hours ago, stigar said:

Rigth.My exgf nephew went to korea.Paid an agent in BKK about 100.000 bath for that.

After 3 months in korea he didnt get any salary yet..only a meal a day.Thethai embassy helped him get back home.

Unlucky 5 from our family have been there almost 4 years, earn about 40k baht a month. One did get sent back arrested at a massage shop. They come back when the passports run out

• Like 1

14 hours ago, stereolab said:

The old ladies who work in our local wet market have been discussing where to go this Christmas, looks like Gstaad or Mauritius will get their vote.

So I guess that means Gstaad or Mauritius folks can speak Thai.

12 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Farang based forums? 

So a question; does the forum owner ever check whether headlines/reports/comments/surveys are

accurate/logical/plausible/have any credibility?

Edited by scorecard
  • Haha 1

Just now, scorecard said:

So a question; does the forum owner ever check whether headlines/reports/comments/surveys are accurate/logical/have any credibility?

Credibility is in the eye of the reader, and thus why we can discuss nonsensical and imaginary things to our hearts content, with either indignation, utter indigestion or would that be flatulence .  When feces floats do we wallow in it or discuss it.  Nothing seems to be what it ever truly is amongst the pages herein. 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

I wonder how Thai people would feel if they faced the same hurdles and risks traveling abroad as foreign people do to come to Thailand currently.

They would probably cry "racism".

They already do face hurdles to get visas to enter other countries, e.g. USA and Australia, difficult/very difficult to pass the requirements, quite time consuming and expensive whether covid or otherwise.  

Edited by scorecard
  • Confused 1