Thailand to consider early reopening of bars

webfact

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

If it happens not Dec 1st, I suspect it will be Dec 5th, the late mans Birthday?  it is after all in Thailand respect and honoring the man? ????  that should be a good excuse?

That would be a nice gesture actually, I seem to recall the late great man telling his subjects to have a great time on the occasion of one of his birthdays, I do believe he said " Birthdays are too be celebrated ". He was a fantastic person.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, daveAustin said:

I’d say 10% or less. 
Even if they opened the bars now and all borders with no restrictions and no useless ripoff insurance, people will not come in droves. Folk have genuine worries—travelling (anywhere), money etc—before even considering going to Thailand. When are they going to get it through their heads that nobody cares anymore? You are not special!

Boom....spot on

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dirtybirty said:

lost already.  most peps who plan on going away for Xmas have booked there hols already. I know if quite a few peps who would have come to thailand have booked places like Mexico ect. if these peps like these places bet they go there again next year. double wamy for Los 

What is a pep?

19 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Managed to convince her I was lecturing at Kasetart University every Wednesday evening.

Got away with that for 6 months until one night I bumped into her as I strolled along Sukhumvit (with a friend).

The question is “What was she doing there at that time ?”  ???? 

2 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Time the country at least tried to move on from being the sex tourist capital of Asia.

And become what.... ? 

I am not saying Thailand offers nothing else, it does, but the naughty nightlife is compensation for a general lack of standards and poor service in other departments. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, clivebaxter said:

Open real bars and clubs by all means, just keep the brothels, the out of date a go go's, the sex for sale massage places and the bj bars shut. Time the country at least tried to move on from being the sex tourist capital of Asia.

It's then likely that the brothels, out of date go-gos, and bj bars will overnight convert into 'real' bars and clubs...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, champers said:

Vietnam opened for business to tourists yesterday. I think this is giving Thailand's leadership a hurry up along with pressure from big business interests here.

How do I enter Vietnam from Thailand. 

Meaning what are conditions for entry. 

"Opened for business to tourists....."

News to me

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

How do I enter Vietnam from Thailand. 

Meaning what are conditions for entry. 

"Opened for business to tourists....."

News to me

The story was on BBC World News and included an interview with a Viet lady living in Thailand who was delighted that she could at last go home.

Other than that I don't know how you, personally, would get to Vietnam from Thailand. I have no immediate plans to go there so won't be looking it up.

26 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Brave man....single?

Mate, somehow with a suitably misleading moniker such as  "Will B Good" I suspect you're fully capable and able to fly under the radar as and when it suits.  ????

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Rhacsyn said:

Phu Quoc island only and at one mega resort

The link seems like something organized from Sth Korea.

Yes read about Phu Quoc opening.

Have you been there? I wouldn't even want a free flight to that joint.

So back to VIETNAM opening....

When can I jump on a flight from Bangkok to Saigon and chill out in Bui Vien St, district 1

3 minutes ago, Gsxrnz said:

Mate, somehow with a suitably misleading moniker such as  "Will B Good" I suspect you're fully capable and able to fly under the radar as and when it suits.  ????

Flew to close to the sun earlier this year.........wings not clipped, but surgically removed.......????

1 minute ago, Will B Good said:

Flew to close to the sun earlier this year.........wings not clipped, but surgically removed.......????

Well, either you go with the Elton John line of "If the Phoenix bird can fly, then why can't I?"  Or go with the original Greek mythology version and do some resurrecting.  

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, khunPer said:

Should read "more than 50,000 people have now entered Thailand..." - we don't know how many are real tourists, perhaps only half of them...????

25000 real tourists?? That means some insurance companies and hospitals should see their financial situations improving.

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

What is a pep?

Think new gen speak for "people" 

Can any Pattaya guys provide update on bars. Have to go next week.

Will be (as always) Beach Rd Soi7-8 area. Bars open? 

Also places like sport bars. 

I-rovers one example.

Ta.

6 hours ago, champers said:

Vietnam opened for business to tourists yesterday. I think this is giving Thailand's leadership a hurry up along with pressure from big business interests here.

Hardly.

Two locations only, limited to pre-authorised charter flights with less than 1,000 tourists this month (780 to be precise).  Fully vaccinated, negative test before departure, and only on chartered flights, only on organised tours, and only allowed to visit certain authorised places and "service facilities".  I don't think Thailand is quaking in its boots.  

Vietnam won't open up properly for tourists for months yet.

Edited by josephbloggs
Typo
  • Like 1

On 11/20/2021 at 11:15 AM, Gsxrnz said:

Well it might be good news but I'm  a bit perturbed about the journalist putting "really good" and "a chance" in parenthesis.

The words are not in parentheses, they're in inverted commas (quotation marks) and that is the normal way to indicate that those words were specifically spoken, i.e they indicate quotes and do not, in this context, suggest anything else.

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, champers said:

I think you got it backwards,thailands opened up Vietnam don't plan on fully opening until the middle of next Year. 

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Can any Pattaya guys provide update on bars. Have to go next week.

All shut, and in the case of Made in Thailand Bar Complex, a demolition site.....

1143320226_20211121_1203081.thumb.jpg.7fc507fe6fe6042362355a0cf09d4c8a.jpg

Although I hear Treetown is busy in the evenings.....

Edited by jacko45k
  • Sad 1

On 11/20/2021 at 11:48 AM, smedly said:

exatly and now just as they were told for months - tourists are not coming 

Phuket sandox was a massive failure 

Their reopening (not open) cluster is a massive failure (millions didn't come and aren't coming)

How many failures does it take to screw a lightbulb in 

At least one two 3 star failures ..no name required..

• Like 1