People waiting for paid mRNA vaccines asked to get free Pfizer jabs at state facilities

webfact

he warned previously that there is no need to make paid-for bookings with private hospitals.

Given that the Pfizer and Moderna mRNA vaccines have been shown in numerous studies to be the most effective of all the currently available COVID vaccines...

Have ANY Thai government purchased Pfizer or Moderna doses actually arrived for use in the government's own free for the public vaccination program as yet??? I don't think so!

The original round of Pfizer doses that Thais and farangs could get in recent months was donated by the U.S. government to Thailand. And the current round of Moderna doses was acquired mainly by the Thai Private Hospitals Assn. for dispensing by their member hospitals on a pay for play basis

Correct me if I'm wrong, but AFAICR, all of the government vaccine acquisitions that have made into into the government's own FREE vaccine distribution program for the public thus far (not counting plans for future deliveries) have been their own locally produced AZ (along with some other foreign AZ donations) and either donated or purchased Sinovac and Sinopharm doses from China.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Cancel our paid for Moderna shots, you are truly a blood-y idiot.

This is an attempt to disgrace the private hospital consortium that ordered the vaccines while this government was playing besties with China.

Does he realise the paid for Moderna doses are non refundable, is he suggesting a time and day that we can have these jabs for free, yeh, I didn't think so.

Every time I see this bozzo, I want to peeuwk !

Isn't it more important that you get vaccinated?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Did the right thing imo.

I suppose booster time is going to be a lotto for us all.  You'll surely have your Moderna available as an option.

There are a lot of people currently selling their Moderna shots as they don't feel they will need a booster at this point in time, so if you haven't a back up plan, you can always buy that persons Moderna shots for a booster, however might be expensive at 3,300 baht for the two shots, albeit you will only require one shot.

The above said, I paid about that for a Pneumonia shot in May, so it wouldn't bother me if I had to pay that kind of money to get a booster, something for you to consider, although I did read that the Thai government ordered 30 million doses of Pfizer yesterday, but let's not forget who will get the shots first.

16 hours ago, Chris.B said:

"Thailand’s Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul is urging unvaccinated people, who are waiting for Pfizer or Moderna vaccines booked with private hospitals, to cancel their bookings and get free jabs of Pfizer vaccine at state vaccination facilities."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But the private hospitals won't allow cancellations!

Where and when will the Pfizer vaccinations be available?

That is why you pay with credit card for the vaccine! 

• Like 1