First impressions after 20 month in exile

JustAnotherHun

12 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

There are much better breakfast deals than the CP which however  was doing great dinner and wine deals before Covid-19.

They have a good bread. Scrambled eggs with bacon, hot chocolate, the inside/outside option and a decent parking situation are all I need in the morning. But sure there are cheaper places to get that.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

They have a good bread. Scrambled eggs with bacon, hot chocolate, the inside/outside option and a decent parking situation are all I need in the morning. But sure there are cheaper places to get that.

Yeah but about 18 months ago they changed their menu I think and it ceased to be a premier breakfast place.

24 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Cannot see one reason to visit Pattaya. Will never be similar again.

You're right, Dr.Jack54. I too do not understand what drives tourists to come here right now. The more incrompehensible it was to me that the majority of my packed plane were tourists. Maybe they were heading to other destinations in Thailand.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Do  not expect the comfort and the service of middle eastern airlines. Swiss BC is more like an Eco Plus.

Swiss (Air) is not Swiss. 

It's German Lufthansa. And <deleted> like all German Airlines. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, johng said:

Maybe something to do with the Fireworks display this weekend ?

Very likely but my point was that it has been picking up for a few weeks,people on the beach, people in caffs and restos. The Beefeater looked close to full a few nights ago. 

Edited by rott
  • Like 1

Just now, rott said:

Very likely but my point was that it has been picking up for a few weeks. 

Well last weekend there was  the jetski event in Jomtien and the weekends before that was the Music festival   but yes  since the beaches where opened again there has been a revival in the  Bangkokians  clogging up the roads and parking spaces.

7 minutes ago, johng said:

Maybe something to do with the Fireworks display this weekend ?

I think it has.

Back from Central just an hour ago. On the way to there, I saw -shocking!- a first tour bus and in front of Central the usual amount of Ferraris and Lamborghinis with Bangkok plates.

I expect, the recovery will be faster as many here are thinking. It may take a while, but within a year we will enjoy all the Chinese and Indians, we are missing so badly right now.

I'm looking forward to do the well known blackfacing again, when driving on the motorbike behind buses from Wongamart to downtown.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

If you had a son that you only saw on Skype for 20 months, you would be happy.

Fair enough, but your situation is in the minority. As a tourist & even longer term stayer, Thailand is a place to stay well away from at the moment.

No fun, and a threat of 20,000 baht fine for not wearing a mask. Yeah, nah.........

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

After all, Switzerland still has good chocolate and nice mountains

Although they lost a lot of custom when they changed their Toblerone Bar from terraced housing to semi detached style!

• Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 9:12 AM, bkk6060 said:

Buy some booze invite one over or take a girl or two back to your room and have a good time better then hanging out in a bar in my opinion.  Had a 20 year old stay last night top shelf from one of the best Gogo's in town no bar BS.

A method of mongering, mainly from apps, that I am sure will increase well after Thailand and the bars properly open.  

OP, you may have been lucky to get back when you did. 

The new variant coming out of South Africa is seeing new boarder closures happening all around the world.

Hug your son, and appreciate every day you have with him.  

Edited by Leaver
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...