Thai immigration online 90 day reporting system

10 hours ago, Pib said:

Bottomline always physically go do your report before within +15, -7 day reporting window if your online report doesn't get approved within that window which means that -7 day part may be smaller if a weekend/holiday occurs just before

Yes, and if you want to do it online with the CW office, right now it's best to submit on the the first day you are allowed to, 15 days ahead of the due date. Things seem to have fallen by the wayside at CW for online 90 day reporting about a month, six weeks ago, after a couple of extended holidays.

Anyway, submit 15 days ahead of the due date. That gives you about 20 days, which seems to be needed currently, to wait for approval before crunch time when you would have to get out there to do it in person. Wonder when, or even if, the system will get itself righted at some point. Stay tuned.

Edited by rwilem

7 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

It would be good to understand why your application was rejected, given it was a copy/paste from the previous successful filing.

Twenty days doesn't give you much of a cushion, just two-ish which if they occur on a weekend/Monday holiday could lead to a fine.

The system's broken. Maybe not that it's inoperable, but they way it's handled at CW, whatever the protocol the office uses to review submissions, ii's not working. Shortage of staff, who knows? But fixing it at CW doesn't seem to be much of a priortiy.

Same thing as reported by others, when I mentioned the (still) pending status of my online submission when I finally went to do it in person, the IO was non-plussed. Just a wave of the hand, an a tired "It's not working,"

Edited by rwilem

16 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

What was the rationale behind that advice?

Good question, but I bet that, as with everything else, it depends where you are reporting. I didn't bother cancelling the "pending" report which remained unapproved on day 90 and went to the office (Rayong), got the slip for next reporting, no problem. Later the same day my phone pinged, and there was my online approval, with a different next reporting date. I used the online date next time round, no problem. Make of that what you will.

1 hour ago, tubby johnson said:

Tedious. My 90-day is due on 24 Oct, so I submitted it online on 10 Oct and as of today (20 Oct) it is still PENDING.

What is your reporting office?

Given the Holiday on Monday maybe make an appointment - the email OTP is working again  - for next Wed, Thu or Fri to file in person?

• Like 1

Anybody with any recent updates on their actual 90-day report processing times for online submissions to BKK CW....

I submitted my latest one today online on the first available day for online filing given my upcoming due date.

Now it's just the eternal question of how long I'm gonna have to wait before I receive their reply....  😞

On 12/3/2021 at 2:53 PM, apetryxx said:

Ninety day reports should be scrapped all together with other useless make work ideas. 

Those reports create jobs for Thais.  Otherwise, they would be sitting around Immigration with nothing to do.  There's a method in the madness.

• Haha 1

On 10/20/2023 at 4:52 PM, bamnutsak said:

Given the Holiday on Monday maybe make an appointment - the email OTP is working again  - for next Wed, Thu or Fri to file in person?

Thank you for your advice. I have made the online appointment.

On 10/20/2023 at 3:12 PM, tubby johnson said:

Tedious. My 90-day is due on 24 Oct, so I submitted it online on 10 Oct and as of today (20 Oct) it is still PENDING.

That seems odd. The only time I did an online report, I received approval the same day. I hope this system hasn't fallen victim to the usual Thai bureaucracy problems. Ten days is entirely too long. This is why I continue to file in person.  Of course, I only live about 500 meters from the Jomtien Immigration office.

14 hours ago, Felton Jarvis said:

The only time I did an online report, I received approval the same day.

Turnaround times for 90-day online reports at CW are problematic and have been so for a month or two. 

Other offices seem to turn around approvals in minutes, hours or a few days.

Edited by bamnutsak

1 minute ago, bamnutsak said:

Turnaround times for 90-day online reports at CW are problematic and have been for a month or two. 

Actually it has been more than 3 months of very slow response from CW.  

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Turnaround times for 90-day online reports at CW are problematic and have been so for a month or two. 

5 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Actually it has been more than 3 months of very slow response from CW.  

So what should we do? Wait for 2 months, 6 months, .... until the CW online system eventually approves our report?

3 minutes ago, chippendale said:

So what should we do? Wait for 2 months, 6 months, .... until the CW online system eventually approves our report?

Report in person, or have a third-party report in person for you?

I think lopburi3 was referring to how long this problem has existed at CW, and not that they take three months to reply.

I'm hoping this problem will be addressed, no clue why it worked (at CW) so well for ~ 18 months, then BANG! it didn't. 

28 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

I think lopburi3 was referring to how long this problem has existed at CW, and not that they take three months to reply.

Indeed - it has been taking 2 to 3 weeks for many approvals it seems.  Believe most are approved but there was at least one report of long wait for disapproval with a 2k fine.  

35 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Indeed - it has been taking 2 to 3 weeks for many approvals it seems.  Believe most are approved but there was at least one report of long wait for disapproval with a 2k fine.  

I'm obviously one of the lucky ones. Submitted 09:50 this morning, approved 14:17 this afternoon. Surin Immigration.

😃😃

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I'm obviously one of the lucky ones. Submitted 09:50 this morning, approved 14:17 this afternoon. Surin Immigration.

😃😃

We are talking about CW here in Bangkok having the long delays.  It seems to work fine for most the the country,

• Thumbs Up 1

TallGuyJohnny, lopburi3, et al -

From personal experience, here are some data points on CW here in BKK.

I have submitted 90-Day online reports to CW since they went live with their new website in December 2021.  Generally, a very efficient process.  My online report submissions to CW have always been on the first day eligible upon receiving their email reminder (i.e., 15 days prior).

In 2022, I submitted five 90-Day online reports to CW and received approval the next day in 4 of those 5 online submissions.  The exception was in Jul22, where it took 5 days to receive approval.

In 2023, I have submitted four 90-Day online reports to CW.  In Mar23, approval was received the next day after my online submission.  In May23, approval was received 4 days after my online submission.  In Jul23, approval was received 11 days after my online submission.  On October 13th, I submitted my latest 90-Day report online to CW.  Today, October 25th, I received approval 12 days after my online submission.

Although taking much longer these past several months, the approvals do continue to arrive before report expiration(s).

SIT

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Somewhere In Time said:

On October 13th, I submitted my latest 90-Day report online to CW.  Today, October 25th, I received approval 12 days after my online submission.

This is good news.

I don't recall a single report in the last few months where the approval came before day 15.

My last successful report in June took three days.

My last report (unsuccessful) in September sat in Pending for 16 days before I canceled it and filed in person.

Your 12 day report is hopefully a trend that things are returning to normal.

17 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

We are talking about CW here in Bangkok having the long delays.  It seems to work fine for most the the country,

You could presume that the office serving the Kingdom's capital should be more efficient than ours out in the boondocks?

I appreciate that there are substantially more "aliens" who use CW but surely it is staffed accordingly. Or am I dreaming?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/25/2023 at 6:19 PM, Somewhere In Time said:

On October 13th, I submitted my latest 90-Day report online to CW.  Today, October 25th, I received approval 12 days after my online submission.

On my last prior online 90-day report to BKK CW in August, I finally received the online acceptance 9 calendar days after submission....  which was about 3 times longer than the typical 3-days turnaround time I'd experienced prior to recent months.

It also meant I had to go thru the hassle, at 7 days before my filing deadline and several days before I later got their acceptance of my online report, of doing a paper mailed-in back-up report just in-case my online one ended up falling into a void somewhere.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

My last report to CW was submitted 15 days before the due date.  The approval came 17 days after submission, 2 days after the due date.  I had an appointment booked at CW for an "in person" report on the 7th day after the due date, just in case.  Luckily I didn't need it.  I'd seen several posts saying folks had cancelled and re-submitted online applications after 4-5 days, I just let mine run, my thinking being that cancelling / re-submitting may only result in your application being further down the queue.

I also noticed I had three submissions before that came back rejected because the details didn't match.  They DID match, every single time and when I eventually got approved, the form had also been submitted using exact the same details.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if the 'rejected' response was being used the clear the queue down when they had too much of a backlog.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good news re CW:

Submitted : 24 October

Approved: 31 October

( and for those who do not know we have a 15 day window -if you apply at earliest date - but also another 7 days according to what Immigration told me directly on the phone).

Edited by homeseeker
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, homeseeker said:

Good news:

Submitted : 24 October

Approved: 31 October

( and for those who do not know you not only have a 15 day if you apply at earliest date  but also another 7 days according to what Immigration told me directly on the phone).

At what location?