what was your career?

georgegeorgia

12 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Too longer story so since I left school I had employment in many jobs also self-employment in the construction industry but my main vocation for over 30 years was roofing and while employed by a company took exams with the Institute of roofing and got a Fellowship.

Aimed to retire at 55 managed it at 57 and retired Thailand.

I met a retired roofer at the canterbury tales cafe in pattaya a few years ago, he was 60 and just retired from the UK, strange guy looked very fit ,and i asked him if he retired because of the physical work and of a sudden he went into a spiel about how he had "fights" with other tradesmen all day on construction sites..."used to go home with bloodied t shirts" he said.???? "I had to finally give it away "

He wasnt too happy when i said ,"so there wasnt much occupational health & safety on site then ?????

No idea who he was "fighting" ??? but he was a strange one 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

I met a retired roofer at the canterbury tales cafe in pattaya a few years ago, he was 60 and just retired from the UK, strange guy looked very fit ,and i asked him if he retired because of the physical work and of a sudden he went into a spiel about how he had "fights" with other tradesmen all day on construction sites..."used to go home with bloodied t shirts" he said.???? "I had to finally give it away "

He wasnt too happy when i said ,"so there wasnt much occupational health & safety on site then ?????

No idea who he was "fighting" ??? but he was a strange one 

Yeah worked with many strange mix of guys over the years when I did the physical work myself started as a labourer.

Health and safety ending up making it difficult to earn a decent wage, fortunately that's when I was ask to work for a company as a contracts supervisor as most management office type guys surveyors e.g. couldn't really deal with site roofing gangs.

Through management I when on to achieved the fellowship and was proud to have letter after my name. 

I could sign passport pictures. ????????????????????

2 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Would love that job,luv the smell of fresh green grass,free golf, outdoors all day,

that would be a dream job,why would you want to retire?????️‍♂️

For the most part it was great.I got to meet some nice people along the way too.

The wildlife seen (usually in those early hrs) was another plus ????

• Like 2