Indian actress Vanitha Vijayakumar denied entry in Thailand

webfact

screenshot_16045.jpg

Vanitha Vijayakumar who gained fame after entering the Bigg Boss house was denied entry in the Thailand airport and the actress took to her social media to give an inside about her hours-long wait in Bangkok.

The bold lady Vanitha who is also known for many controversies had travelled recently to Bangkok, Thailand to visit a close friend. But she was held at the airports she did not have a printout of the entry certificate that she applied before travelling.

She said the whole thing was a scam. The manager of the airlines she travelled in allegedly told the actress that there were no printers in the airport and that she needed to travel back to India to collect the printout to enter Thailand but was eventually permitted to enter the nation.

Full story: https://www.indiaglitz.com/vanitha-vijayakumar-denied-entry-in-thailand-vanitha-vijayakumar-next-film-power-star-srinivasan-film-tamil-news-302871

screenshot_16046.jpg

-- © Copyright Indiaglitz 2021-12-13

• Confused 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

its the journalists that write the stories, its not Indians that write and publish the stories 

Did you read the source?  Indian.

2 hours ago, DonniePeverley said:

3) The actress forgot to print her thai pass. There may have been some words spoken. Hell maybe she didn't even try to go through the process of the Thai Pass. But authorities may have just let her in due to her fame and not wanting a negative reaction. Who knows, certainly not this article. 

After 4 hours she was allowed entry thanks to airport officials - the airline seems to have been trying to get her to buy a new r/t ticket to obtain printout of the Thai Pass (which she had but airline claimed there was no printer in Bangkok Airport they could use to make a print out).  The story was about non Thai airline - not bashing Thailand.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You are trying to blame Indians for which stories the media decide to cover and print ? 

its the journalists that write the stories, its not Indians that write and publish the stories 

So you're saying that Indian journalists don't exist? Or all journalists belong to some exclusive nationality of their own? 

33 minutes ago, malathione said:

So you're saying that Indian journalists don't exist? Or all journalists belong to some exclusive nationality of their own? 

No, I wasnt saying that .

What I meant was that its the journalists who report these stories who are responsible for their publication, rather than every person from India

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

No, I wasnt saying that .

What I meant was that its the journalists who report these stories who are responsible for their publication, rather than every person from India

Certainly. Just seems that Indian journalists seem to take everything as a slight against the nation. No blame on the person doing the tweeting or complaining. She had a valid gripe.

45 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

She didn't think to print her pass?  who's fault is that?

In a world of QR codes, boarding passes, payments, Vaccine certs, Covid apps etc all on the phone it’s not surprising that some are of the understanding that the world has gone paperless. 

Theoretically, there is no need to print any of the documents. Just show the QR Code from the Thailand Pass & that’s it.

Why does Thailand need to see it on paper ???? Answer: they don’t all the staff do is scan from their phone & double check the details anyway.

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Not enough said though IMO , you need to also say that it was a journalist who wrote the story and not the Indian nation as a whole .

Its journalism, rather than Indians 

The story seems to exist because she "took to her social media" to report it. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, alanrchase said:
17 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Not enough said though IMO , you need to also say that it was a journalist who wrote the story and not the Indian nation as a whole .

Its journalism, rather than Indians 

The story seems to exist because she "took to her social media" to report it. 

As would anyone with a platform on which to complain - she was waiting for 4 hours to enter Thailand when she already had a QR Code.... The reason.... someone wanted a print out. 

I challenge any of us not to get upset in the same situation.

Then she was told there is no printer in the Airport, an outright lie. 

It is clear this lady came across someone at the airport who was being deliberately difficult and instead of trying to help this lady instead put up barriers. 

There are no official instructions anywhere that suggest a ‘print out' of the QR code is necessary. 

As far as it being a relevant story or not... Thailand is ‘hurting’ for tourists, it needs be treating people with fairness and equality instead of putting its foot in its mouth so frequently.

I would hope this news helps someone else who may not have printed out their QR code.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I get confused by stories like these . 

It says that she wasn't allowed into Thailand and it also says that she was allowed into Thailand .

What was it ?

Was she allowed into Thailand or not ? 

Yes confusing.

They created `sensational` headlines to gain attention.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

As would anyone with a platform on which to complain - she was waiting for 4 hours to enter Thailand when she already had a QR Code.... The reason.... someone wanted a print out. 

I challenge any of us not to get upset in the same situation.

Then she was told there is no printer in the Airport, an outright lie. 

It is clear this lady came across someone at the airport who was being deliberately difficult and instead of trying to help this lady instead put up barriers. 

There are no official instructions anywhere that suggest a ‘print out' of the QR code is necessary. 

As far as it being a relevant story or not... Thailand is ‘hurting’ for tourists, it needs be treating people with fairness and equality instead of putting its foot in its mouth so frequently.

I would hope this news helps someone else who may not have printed out their QR code.

I agree. I was just pointing out that the story exists because she took to social media and not because any journalist may have an agenda.

59 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

But it was the journalists who decided to make it an international story , this story really could have just remained a Facebook post , rather than being an international story

Hardly international. She is apparently a star in India so no surprise that the account she posted on social media made it into an Indian news article. The story involves a person with some fame and Thailand so no surprise it has been reported here.