Pattaya Immigration office rammedHundreds of people queuing outside today

The Hammer2021

38 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

My agent charges 8,000 for a Non-IMM O extension (assuming you meet the financial requirements, 12,500 if you don’t),  200 for a 90 day report & 1,700/4,500 for a single/multi re-entry permit.

Thanks for those figures. All most reasonable according to my experience.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

My agent charges 8,000 for a Non-IMM O extension (assuming you meet the financial requirements, 12,500 if you don’t),  200 for a 90 day report & 1,700/4,500 for a single/multi re-entry permit.

THANKS, but for about 4000 an hour, at worse, since rarely there 2 hrs, I think I can sit in the Imm office.  Gives me a reason to visit Hua Hin (1 hr away), pays for the petrol, lunch, and a whole bunch more if shopping, or a nice overnight stay (rare).  Though I have popped over to Kaeng Krachen area a few times while there.

Decent price for those that can't make the financials though, and deeply rooted in Thailand.  From another thread, Turkey was noted as a retirement alternative, and quick peak,  quite easy to stay there, along with damn nice place, considerably cheaper than Thailand.   Earthquake now & then, so avoid high rises ????

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

THANKS, but for about 4000 an hour, at worse, since rarely there 2 hrs, I think I can sit in the Imm office.  Gives me a reason to visit Hua Hin (1 hr away), pays for the petrol, lunch, and a whole bunch more if shopping, or a nice overnight stay (rare).  Though I have popped over to Kaeng Krachen area a few times while there.

Decent price for those that can't make the financials though, and deeply rooted in Thailand.  From another thread, Turkey was noted as a retirement alternative, and quick peak,  quite easy to stay there, along with damn nice place, considerably cheaper than Thailand.   Earthquake now & then, so avoid high rises ????

It’s worth it to me as I hate queuing/form filling but can see how other guys don’t see value in it.

Last extension the agent saved me at least 1 failed trip to CW as I hadn’t realised I needed an extra letter from the Bank because I hadn’t kept my Bank book up to date… They also got me in 44 days before the extension was due at a time CW was only taking people 3 days before.

It costs me around 2-250 THB per week for all my immigration needs, I know guys who spend that on cigarettes on a daily basis… Too each his own 

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

It’s worth it to me as I hate queuing/form filling but can see how other guys don’t see value in it.

Last extension the agent saved me at least 1 failed trip to CW as I hadn’t realised I needed an extra letter from the Bank because I hadn’t kept my Bank book up to date… They also got me in 44 days before the extension was due at a time CW was only taking people 3 days before.

It costs me around 2-250 THB per week for all my immigration needs, I know guys who spend that on cigarettes on a daily basis… Too each his own 

CW ... yea, I was there once, that agent would come in handy.  Think I would keep an address someplace else if I lived in Krung Thep.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I guess you wouldn't be happy after queuing and waiting to be told you need some random BS form and told to come back again.   

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

I thought for the O extension you had to go in person to immigration?

2 hours ago, Leaver said:

I guess you wouldn't be happy after queuing and waiting to be told you need some random BS form and told to come back again.   

If talking CW, then yea, I would use an agent, I'm not the most patient person, and that 1 time there was a nightmare.  Luckily, only long ago did that happen once, come back, and when I lived in Udon Thani, and at the time, they used Nong Khai, since not having an Imm office.  That sucked.

Another reason I don't mind going now, even though 100 kms away (HH), I seem to have an excellent rapport with a couple IOs there.  Actually recognize me, and smile, well, can't tell now.   Coincidently, the damn bank printed off 11 pages of my bank info, and 1 of someone else's when extending back in March.  How that could even happen is mind boggling.  Reckone someone printed something while mine was being printed.  Note to self;  double check next time.

The IO actually called the bank with a W T F, fax or photocopy to us now, and added to the stack he had.  Which actually surprised me, but they do know I'm 100 kms away.  So that was cool.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, sometime said:

I thought for the O extension you had to go in person to immigration?

You do (though I believe some agents that can get around the finance/insurance requirements can also get around this & take your photo in their office)… but they are able to get you processed quickly, last 2 years I’ve been in & out of CW in 30 mins, next year will be my 1st at Jomtien.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Inclusive or non-inclusive of the standard 1900? Although judging by the other prices you quoted I expect inclusive. 

18 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Inclusive or non-inclusive of the standard 1900? Although judging by the other prices you quoted I expect inclusive. 

Not inclusive, so the total comes to 10,000 (8,000 agent, 1,900 immigration fee & 100 for the letter from the bank). 

Just now, Mike Teavee said:

Not inclusive, so the total comes to 10,000 (8,000 agent, 1,900 immigration fee & 100 for the letter from the bank). 

Ah, as I paid (10,000), although a simple 100 shy, as I did my own letter and paid it myself. Although surprised and pleased they did me a 90 day report too, nor did I have to attend immigration for any picture.... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There was an incredible queue again this Tuesday when I came at 10am for the « 90 days bank checking ». I turned back home and tried my luck again in the afternoon, but the queue was even much bigger at 2.30pm, so I went back home again. What is going on ? Hundreds of people were standing and waiting outside and a big « toilet bus » is parked in front of the office for convenience, just like if it was a party. I have read that the online queuing system is not of use anymore at Jomtien.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, teigen said:

There was an incredible queue again this Tuesday when I came at 10am for the « 90 days bank checking ». I turned back home and tried my luck again in the afternoon, but the queue was even much bigger at 2.30pm, so I went back home again. What is going on ? Hundreds of people were standing and waiting outside and a big « toilet bus » is parked in front of the office for convenience, just like if it was a party. I have read that the online queuing system is not of use anymore at Jomtien.

Never mind. I did my 90 days this Monday in Kanchanaburi. Arrived 8.25 not open. Opened 8.32. Left at 8.34 all done. My record has been 34 seconds on one occasion.????????????????

On 12/13/2021 at 2:06 PM, david555 said:

Because some might not like to be " hooked  on them year after year"  as bankfiles don't lie ....

(this only if for the no 800K available... agent users ) ,

For those who have the 800K and just need the agent assistance ...this has no bad trace on their file 

Go ahead save your few dollar fee... for me I like that my agent knows everyone at Immigration and has 'relationships' with people there. In out within an hour, no queues, special side entrance, dedicated officer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, teigen said:

There was an incredible queue again this Tuesday when I came at 10am for the « 90 days bank checking ». I turned back home and tried my luck again in the afternoon, but the queue was even much bigger

So much to the super smart "it's only queued after a holiday" babblers...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Go ahead save your few dollar fee... for me I like that my agent knows everyone at Immigration and has 'relationships' with people there. In out within an hour, no queues, special side entrance, dedicated officer.

1st Year's extension (Non-Imm O) was working in Singapore & had Thurs/Friday in Bangkok to get it done, so it was a no brainer to use an Agent... in/out - 30 minutes.

2nd Year extension was Covid Y1 & nobody wanted to spend time in a mobbed (CW) immigration hall - in/out 30 minutes. 

This year I used them because I wanted my extension done before I moved to Wongamat (Guys were being told "Come back within 3 days of your extension being due" I did mine 44 days before), in/out 30 mins.... 

Next year is Jomtien immigration but I'm spoiled now so will use an Agent if it means it's that painless... [Only "Pain" is the 8,000 THB it costs, I don't smoke, don't golf so the fact it's 1-3 less beer per week is probably a good thing ????

1. Bank Book is no t accep

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

For the first time ever I used an agent for the retirement extension. It's the 15th year that I've applied for one, so the paperwork and process are no mystery, but I really don't like the idea of long queues in these Covid times, and maybe standing in the sun outside at any time. The agent cost 8,000 Baht, which included the 1,900 Baht fee for Immigration, so the actual net cost for this service was 6,000 Baht. I've now got my passport back with a stamp saying permission to stay until 1/1/2023, so I'm happy. Of course, I'd have preferred not to have to spend the 6,000 Baht, but in the circumstances I think it was money well-spent and saved me a lot of stress and annoyance.

Thinking back to my first retirement extension, I remember making the comment that 'this will probably grow old pretty quickly'. Well yes indeed, after 15 years I will admit that I'm more than a bit bored with the system, especially when the office has largely been relocated into the street outside, so I think the agent will probably become the 'new normal' for me.

Excellent value for money. Totally agree about standing in queues, especially in the sun. Some of us fall on the floor after very long. Places such as Government offices, railway stations etc. insist upon calling an amulance to cover themselves. Highly embarassing!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Guderian said:

For the first time ever I used an agent for the retirement extension. It's the 15th year that I've applied for one,

Same same and a similar number of years...... I wasn't feeling too great and the pics of all those poor souls stood in the sun made my mind up for me.  I paid more than you, but what the heck.... haven't spent much for a good while.  I had prepared my usual package of crxp and copies and it seemed the agent just didn't need most of it.....

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

Don't get me wrong. Yes the queue is very long at the Jomtien office, but the officers are doing their very best. They open the doors in the morning some time before they have to do, they distribute the passports on the street for the people coming back to get it with their tickets, they do the 90 days on the special row on the right and frequently coming around to look for disabled and older people. I think that the problem is due to the extra load of people asking for 60 days Covid extensions.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, teigen said:

Don't get me wrong. Yes the queue is very long at the Jomtien office, but the officers are doing their very best. They open the doors in the morning some time before they have to do, they distribute the passports on the street for the people coming back to get it with their tickets, they do the 90 days on the special row on the right and frequently coming around to look for disabled and older people. I think that the problem is due to the extra load of people asking for 60 days Covid extensions.

Good feedback. I recall when that place opened and I felt it too small... the parking alone proved insufficient from day one, until that space opposite opened up. Sadly on one occasion for me, they were busy, queueing out onto the street. I did not see the efforts you mention and we were left to stand. I actually gave up and went home before I flaked out. 

When are they going to reduce these over the top requirements, eliminating 90 day reporting has been talked of for over a year and we still have it...... 

• Like 1

On 12/13/2021 at 3:23 PM, ivor bigun said:

there for my marriage visa ,tomorrow ,hope its as quick as last year .

well it was busy but going in for marriage was quick ,just she was a pain in the but ,as i had not spent any money since last year except the 2k i took out in the morning ,had to go back to the bank and get a different letter ? ,anyway its done immigration police came a few days ago ,didnt even come in again this year ,just a few picks in the garden .

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2021 at 2:55 PM, teigen said:

The 'queue' is actually all the people  who usually  wait inside being kept out to control numbers for covid reasons. I think..

On 12/21/2021 at 7:11 PM, JustAnotherHun said:

So much to the super smart "it's only queued after a holiday" babblers...

It was a fair and reasonable  assumption  based on previous patterns. Nobody  was babbling or trying to be super smart. They were just being helpful. Try it sometime