Thailand announces new measures for foreign arrivals, New Year countdown details

snoop1130

12 hours ago, poskat said:

who exactly do they mean by "other arrivals who are fully vaccinated". I live in bkk and have booked to go to phuket over xmas and NY arriving after dec 16.

They mean "foreign arrivals". You are not a foreign arrival if you're already inside the country. 

53 minutes ago, feasantplukka said:

So yesterday I got my Thai pass, to return to Thailand after 2yrs away from my wife and family, fully vaxed & boosted  1 day quarantine booked January 5th, staying 30 days, I now have to stay 7 days in quarantine,  ??????????

Only one day to wait for your negative test result in Thailand. 

7 days to recover if you're tested positive. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Attendees at each event will be limited at 15,000 at each location for the whole event. Daily attendees on December 27th, 28th and 29th are limited to 1,500 while, on December 30th and 31st, the number is set at a maximum of 5,000 a day.

So are they going to count them in as they arrive?

Multiple entry points or one gate and A VERY LONG QUEUE?

14 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

And further on in the report:

"Foreign arrivals under “test and go” and “sandbox” schemes are the only ones subject to a maximum of one-day quarantine while awaiting their negative COVID RT-PCR test results. For other arrivals, those who are fully vaccinated will be subject to 7 days isolation in their hotels, and one RT-PCR test plus a second antigen test, effective December 16th." (I added the emphasis)

So we're back to the quarantine scheme, just when it looked like tourism was starting to pick back up.

Stick it u clowns

12 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Looks like most people will think they have the cold.

Unless you self isolate for a fortnight before, you could easily pick it up.

Except the person who died from Omicron and the ones in the hospital ....and it's only just begun....

• Like 2
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration resolved to end all maximum disease control zones (red zones) and allow New Year countdown drinking to continue until 1am on Jan 1.

I thought I'd read somewhere that Phuket had been given the green light for an "all-nighter"?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Wuvu2 said:

Clear as mud and bound to please no one. 

"All attendees must be fully inoculated and have tested negative, using a rapid antigen kit, within the 72 hours prior to attending the event".... wow - totally unrealistic and will be a nightmare to enforce on New Years Eve. 

I'll just #StayTheFlockAtHome

and do a dance.....

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, wasabi said:

I wish the currency Gods would at least reward us dirty farangs with better THB exchange rates every time a backward immigration policy is layered atop the already huge pile of buffoonery.

Labeling yourself a 'dirty farang' is not helpful or humorous but it does indicate a victim mindset.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Wuvu2 said:

Clear as mud and bound to please no one. 

"All attendees must be fully inoculated and have tested negative, using a rapid antigen kit, within the 72 hours prior to attending the event".... wow - totally unrealistic and will be a nightmare to enforce on New Years Eve. 

I'll just #StayTheFlockAtHome

Is Little O , Omicron invited? he can go undetected for a few days?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

rather suspect that those influential people who have invested in providing quarantine facilities may be calling the shots here?

Yeah, that's where the Big Money is at...

Investing in quarantine hotels during a temporary health problem, that will end someday after most of the world is vaccinated. ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

16 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I'm British and double vaxxed and now have to do 15 days locked in hotel loom due to arriving from a West African country....

It does n't help that Thai's think Africa is one country with S Africa being the capital - morons.

The WHO and many other organisations or NGOs talk of "Africa" rather than individual countries.  So do many African politicians.  This is similar to the way some talk as if the EU were the whole of Europe and unified homogeneous whole.  

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, poskat said:

who exactly do they mean by "other arrivals who are fully vaccinated". I live in bkk and have booked to go to phuket over xmas and NY arriving after dec 16.

Countries on the Red list

• Thanks 1

It says here, test and go = max 1 day, and later it says : those fully vac , need 7 days isolation ???

i mean test-and-go = also for fully vac…

Can this be rewritten by the staff ? As this has contradictions now, as well as confuses people unnecessarily.

thank you 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Robbie2618 said:

"For other arrivals, those who are fully vaccinated will be subject to 7 days isolation" Who are the OTHER arrivals? Is it just those few countries on the high-risk list that can't use the test and go? 

It is probably any country not on the list of the 63 approved countries for Test and Go.

• Thanks 1