Doctors warn vaping can increase the risk of erectile dysfunction

webfact

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Speak for yourself, having an erectile dysfunction would have stopped me from having numerous problems and I  would have been a lot richer 

Ops, so that's why I have so little money left for my retirement...????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Speak for yourself, having an erectile dysfunction would have stopped me from having numerous problems and I  would have been a lot richer 

It's not what you got it's where you put it that's the problem. ????

In other breaking news 
Thailand Tobacco lobby have donated to the Ramathibodi Hospital's Department of Community Medicine a brand new Iron Lung.

Ramathibodi Hospital's Department of Community Medicine announced today they found a in a study that Smoking makes you hard and increases sex drive.

• Haha 2

And did the study make a distinction for long term smokers who have already damaged their peckers and other organs beyond repair and have recently switched to vaping? Smoking cigarettes absolutely does destroy your body in a fantastic myriad of ways and vaping provides an excellent alternative to that (much to the detriment of tobacco conglomerates who fund these "studies"). 

14 hours ago, webfact said:

Dr Prakit Vathesatogkit, president of Action of Smoking and Health Foundation, meanwhile said researchers in Australia found that people who smoke an average of one pack of cigarettes daily face a 40% higher chance of experiencing erectile dysfunction.

Completely irrelevant for the purposes of talking about effects of vaping. Downing bottles of laokhao is gonna wreck your liver so a glass of wine at dinner is now also bad? The two are hardly in the same universe.

14 hours ago, webfact said:

Dr Roengrudee said the study found that nicotine and other chemicals used in e-cigarettes have an adverse effect on the male sexual hormone testosterone.

What "other chemicals"? E-liquid contains 4 things - propylene glycol + vegetable glycerin (2 things that make up the stage fog in your kid's theatrical productions - which have overwhelmingly been proven as completely safe), pure nicotine and flavorings (optional). There is literally no reason for manufacturers to put in any "other chemicals" as it would unnecessarily increase costs. If you're scared of propylene glycol then stop consuming frozen foods or using toothpaste since that exposes you to more PG than vaping does.

As for nicotine, yes it has the effect of constricting blood vessels which could lead to reduced blood flow. You know what else does that? Coffee. Do we see mainstream news articles describing the dangers of coffee because of "studies" about caffeine causing ED? No.

Looking to ward off Alzheimer's? Nicotine might actually be your friend: https://www.bmj.com/content/302/6791/1491.short

"The risk of Alzheimer's disease decreased with increasing daily number of cigarettes smoked before onset of disease (relative risk 0.3 in those smoking greater than 21/day v 1 in non-smokers). These findings suggest an inverse association between smoking and Alzheimer's disease."

You're not going to find that kind of research being talked about in the media tho!

3 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Vaping THC, no problem.

In fact it was a bad batch of THC vape juice laced with Vitamin E acetate (to thicken the oil) that put a bunch of people in hospital years ago. That unfortunate incident is still being used to justify vaping as dangerous but it's really just another reason to properly regulate the manufacturers. Tobacco companies would never allow that to happen here tho which is why we keep seeing this kind of misinformation.

Edited by Genmai
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would also add that in a properly regulated industry consumers would have greater access to the 4 components of e-liquids (vg, pg, nic, flavors) to mix their own. Virtually impossible in Thailand so 90% of the stuff is mystery juice in a bottle with a label slapped on from Somchai's Shed that tastes like cotton candy syrup.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Gracas said:

I'm surprised that governments have not been using this more.

Example: Covid causes erectile dysfunction, get vaccinated NOW.

Hong Kong has been putting full-size, full color warnings on all smokes for decades.  This has helped to decrease smoking from 20-25% down to 10%spacer.png

14 hours ago, hotchilli said:

best scare tactic ever, Lol

Thais should use this tactic to keep the aliens in line:  "Failing to do your 90-day reports on time can more than double the risk of erectile dysfunction."  ????  Should be very effective with the Pattaya retirees.

Sounds like an American sponsored work to me. Meanwhile in the UK, doctors are lauding that vaping is much less harmful and are suggesting all smokers quit - switching to vaping is the best way to do that.

The fact is that smoking is ten times more harmful to health.

However, vaping is not better for people who don't smoke.

But vapers who smoked have the same (to a lesser extent) problems that smoking always gave them. Kids who start vaping are less likely to start smoking - so even that is a positive effect...

Using words like 'potentially' doesn't help - it smacks of mud slinging.

Vaping potentially causes death, vaping potentially causes heart disease - but it's often impossible to determine if that was vaping, or (most likely) the after effects of having smoked.

Mixing in data from idiots who vape oils and other potentially lethal coctails doesn't help convince vapers either - they know it's all <deleted>.

"Under Thai law, importers of e-cigarettes can face up to 10 years in prison while sellers of e-cigarette liquids face up to five years imprisonment or fines of up to 500,000 baht. "

Meanwhile CP group sells cigarettes freely through 7-11's. so we see that this law simply bans 'non approved' brick and mortar shops - it enables people with connections, or who pay bribes to police, to sell products online - with less competition and healthier profits.

Edited by ben2talk
  • Like 1

Vaping is a big part of New Zealand's smoking cessation plans, The Smokefree Environments and Regulated Products (Vaping) Amendment Act 2020.

Not safe, but better than cigarettes, and useful weaning people off cigarettes.

One assumes the product being vaped would be carefully controlled, but given the vaping oils I see on sale in the markets here I doubt it.

I used to see more thais vaping, fewer these days, but that's probably just anecdotal.

Also pretty amazing how few people smoke these days. Definitely a lot lower than I would have guessed, although it does seem like more foreigners smoke here than elsewhere. Not sure why that is?

I think the average person inherently understands that smoking is unhealthy, unless maybe they live in France. Burning god knows what and then inhaling purposefully seems really weird. Rarely do people light stuff on fire and breath the smoke, but packaged and marketed the right way, voila.