Two Pattaya bars raided for allegedly illegally opening and selling alcohol

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

in the early morning hours.

So they were operating after established hours?  I've been in several Darkside bars and they say they must close @ 11pm, I imagine the same rules for the bright side?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Two bar managers in the Pattaya area have been arrested for allegedly illegally operating entertainment venues and selling alcohol yesterday

wow only two, is this a joke, pretty obvious that many "bars" opened middle of last week - when is a bar not a bar - they must have forgot to put a Grab poster out front lol 

Hilarious what is going on here right now 

Most of the "restobars" that are open are packed to the brim - there is an obvious need for more bars to open to relieve the pressure especially now that omicron will be spreading fast everywhere 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The two unnamed bar managers are facing charges of illegally operating venues, selling alcohol without a permit and breaking the Chonburi Disease Control Order for the ‘Blue Zone’.

Bar managers ordered to open by owners or?

6 hours ago, nightfox said:

Article states "It was unclear why these particular venues were selected for an inspection versus other “restaurants”, notes TPN staff".

I would think the owners of these bars did not contribute to the Pattaya Police Christmas party fund as why they were selected.

Agreed… in a land where actions are often mystifying the reason ‘why’ these bars were ‘selected’ is crystal clear anyone….