British man chased by Thai with a knife after he refuses to buy him a beer

webfact

8 minutes ago, connda said:

Imagine if it was England and the reverse happened.  It would be in world news as well as being touted as an act of racism and hate.

Here in Thailand?  Police may get around to it sometime. No biggie. Farangs are rich.  He should have bought the Thai a beer or two.  The attack won't get further than regional news.

It would not even make the news in the UK and never, under any circumstances, would such an incident be reported as a race or hate crime.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Alcohol is like a poison to some people. Once i knew a guy i worked with, a real nice guy married with two kids. So one day he asked me and a few work mates for a drink at a bar near work. After his second beer he wanted to fight everyone in the bar including me and his other work mates. We put him in my car and boy was he a handful, then i drove him home. The next day he asked us all again for drinks. And yes,  you could guess what we said to him.

Er..."It's your round?"

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, connda said:

Imagine if it was England and the reverse happened.  It would be in world news as well as being touted as an act of racism and hate.

Here in Thailand?  Police may get around to it sometime. No biggie. Farangs are rich.  He should have bought the Thai a beer or two.  The attack won't get further than regional news.

It would not even make the news in the UK and never, under any circumstances, would such an incident be reported as a race or hate crime.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Nickelbeer said:

He should have bought him a beer and immediately left the premises.  I know trouble when I see it.

Not a good idea if this is a favourite watering hole....  just teaches the Thai guy he can pop along for a free beer any time he likes.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, SportRider said:

Not a good idea if this is a favourite watering hole....  just teaches the Thai guy he can pop along for a free beer any time he likes.

He CAN, unless he has fellow Thais who will prevent him from doing this. Reputable bars would have tossed him out. Don't sit by the side of the road, drinking beer, you are a target.

7 minutes ago, Ddbanksy said:

Happened to me 10yrs ago,beaten by a gang,while walking my two pups by the local lake,100yrds from my home.Died in Theatre,jump leads brought me back

12 day's ICU,Konkean Hospital,Police,Thai & British Government all involved..nobody even caught!

And if you asked young people on Thaivisa today they'd ne'er believe you.

Mean this seriously even if it is after the Monty Python Yorkshiremen. These things happen and you don't have to do anything for them to happen. It is rare but it does happen.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ddbanksy said:

Happened to me 10yrs ago,beaten by a gang,while walking my two pups by the local lake,100yrds from my home.Died in Theatre,jump leads brought me back

12 day's ICU,Konkean Hospital,Police,Thai & British Government all involved..nobody even caught!

But still here,still married with kids & still love it.Thai Dr's & my Thai family saved my life!

Happy Xmas to all i follow on Thaivisa.com? (ASEAN NOW) this forum,some interesting characters & where i live 555

20210315_112438.jpg

Wat did you do to get that? I never had any trouble like that in Thailand 20 years . Always respect people even when im Kee Mao

7 hours ago, mokwit said:

More than once I have had some [usually drunken] Thai come up to me and demand money as it were some entitlement I had flown to Thailand just to give him.

I lived in Lonely beach, Koh Chang Trat and have witnessed this and similar behavior many a time, demanding money, demanding you buy them beer etc ad infinitum

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Firstly, I might get flamed for this, never, ever go out with something in your pocket here - at least 500 or 1000. Thais when they get angry can be lethal and I never, ever argue with a souped up young Thai male, female or 50/50 especially when alcohol is involved. Obviously that guy is a menace but nothing will be done I bet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BobBKK said:

Firstly, I might get flamed for this, never, ever go out with something in your pocket here - at least 500 or 1000. Thais when they get angry can be lethal and I never, ever argue with a souped up young Thai male, female or 50/50 especially when alcohol is involved. Obviously that guy is a menace but nothing will be done I bet.

This guy is a one off nutcase , or maybe there are a few like him, just like there are in every Country .

Not every Thai is like this guy and occurrences like this are a rarity 

1 hour ago, Ddbanksy said:

But still here,still married with kids & still love it.Thai Dr's & my Thai family saved my life!

Happy Xmas to all i follow on Thaivisa.com? (ASEAN NOW) this forum,some interesting characters & where i live 555

20210315_112438.jpg

Wat did you do to get that? I never had any trouble like that in Thailand 20 years . Always respect people even when im Kee Mao

28 minutes ago, ChrisvS said:

I lived in Lonely beach, Koh Chang Trat and have witnessed this and similar behavior many a time, demanding money, demanding you buy them beer etc ad infinitum

That's what happens. People learn that asking farangs for money for a living is easier than catching fish for a living.