Dissatisfied and lonely expats

Benithon

52 minutes ago, steven100 said:

OP .....   you need a drinking partner ......  someone who calls you up and says " meet you at Noi's bar at 12.00 "  

It's more fun to get p_issed with your drinking buddy .....

Do that everyday and there'll be no more boredom  

Is that your veiled offer to be the OP's wingman then?

23 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Plenty of young and attractive female counsellors to try.

More of a 'hands on' physical therapy though.

It's amazing how much physical 'therapy ' can do to improve attitude. I'm with you on that one.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

Somewhere is this 'mix' there's folks who should never have tried to retire in LOS, never have got into the path of successive never ending visas. And those who, if they're honest, couldn't afford it but did it anyway and live on the smell of an oily rag and continuously complain about it and will continue to do so until they drop.  

Moving to live in another country is far more complicated / emotional that many folks realize. 

Yes you can try and run away from your problems but you can not run away from yourself.

Sooner or later you have to confront that person.

Good for you ???? Seeing as we are the masters of our own ships ... 'up to you' as they say here.

I enjoy dancing with my darling occasionally in Illusion, going out for drinkies and dinners with folks but as far as sitting in short and long time bars, buying lady drinks and playing pool over and over and over again ... forget it. 

Got far better, a veritable plethora of options to enjoy life. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

OP .....   you need a drinking partner ......  someone who calls you up and says " meet you at Noi's bar at 12.00 "  

It's more fun to get p_issed with your drinking buddy .....

Do that everyday and there'll be no more boredom  

That is the last thing he needs,only digs a deeper hole pretending to be happy.

Plenty people in AA who tried that.

23 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Not at all I have a comfortable retired time and my pub is only a small part of it..

It's possible to something else than sit around in a bar it's called getting a life.  ????

Wish I had a pub upcountry. Around here we only have rice paddies. ☹️

On 12/23/2021 at 10:47 AM, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

17 years on Soi 4. My god. In those 17 years I've gone from "The Soi 4 Days" to got married, had children, launched two businesses yadda yadda. If I looked back at those 17 years and then realised I was still on Soi 4, my god, my god :shakeshead:

But you needed Xanax to survive. I think I read this written by you on another thread?

1 hour ago, Chris.B said:

Wish I had a pub upcountry. Around here we only have rice paddies. ☹️

???? Well it's a restaurant in the village so l call it my pub. 

The whole family are my friends and I have been going there for over 10 years. 

l go to many the places mostly known as Ma & pop shops,  you can sit always sit outside when you want. 

Have a room in my farmhouse when my mates come over sometimes and have beer there with them. 

• Like 2

When you socialize, it is always involved alcohol, even you go riding motorbike, go diving, play golf, go dinner,,,,,,,, 

Where do you guys meet and what do you do when there is not alcohol involved? 

I never going to get used to this I guess, and also do other things where no alcohol is involved. 

Is alcohol a good social thing or bad one! 

4 minutes ago, Hummin said:

When you socialize, it is always involved alcohol, even you go riding motorbike, go diving, play golf, go dinner,,,,,,,, 

Where do you guys meet and what do you do when there is not alcohol involved? 

I never going to get used to this I guess, and also do other things where no alcohol is involved. 

Is alcohol a good social thing or bad one! 

Every where you go there will be alcohol,it is up to you to drink or not.

My friends drink beer ,i drink water.No problem,is it good or bad?

That is for you to decide.

On 12/23/2021 at 4:20 AM, Benithon said:

Maybe Thailand is for people with sociopath tendencies, I feel no satasfaction here  hanging around bars and drinking alcohol anymore.

I find it boring.

Luckily we're all different - can I presume you talk generally and not only the extremely boring nightlife period with lockdowns due to covid-19? - I don't drink (much) alcohol when out in the nightlife, and definitely not when I'm driving home, which I often is, so perhaps not drinking alcohol makes be feel not bored at all...????

Or perhaps I just choose different, i.e. some less boring clubs, pubs and venues...????

On 12/23/2021 at 10:30 AM, nikmar said:

no bored per se. I enjoy sitting on Soi 4 and just watching the world go by. I just feel a bit jaded after 17 years of it. Funnily enough i have a lot more fun sinking a few Leos and a couple of doobies with mrs Nik on a Saturday night.

no bored "per se." What is that? French, Italian?

On 12/23/2021 at 11:03 AM, jvs said:

Never too late to change?Find a hobby and look for another type of crowd to

hang out with.

To be honest i did your scene but not very long,now i have a fantastic other,a bunch of hobbies

and there are not enough hours in a day.

Very popular right now is camping,get a small motorbike load a tent and a few other things and just go!

A change of horizon will do you good,no one can chance your life but you.

I would love to do that, the only thing that stops me is mosquitos.

41 minutes ago, jvs said:

Every where you go there will be alcohol,it is up to you to drink or not.

My friends drink beer ,i drink water.No problem,is it good or bad?

That is for you to decide.

It's more I do not adopt to the mentality, and that bores me, since everything goes on repeat in a loop. I need a different horizon and different environment, so yes It is my choice, but I can understand the feeling lonely if you do not go out of that inviroment or leave it behind and find other interests. But as said before, I get bored easily, and need new stimuli. Been riding bikes all over Thailand, padling, climbing, gym, swimming, diving, boxing,  now time for hiking I think, and happy to see more and more Thais also discover the joy of hiking. If I sit down, I die!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

no bored "per se." What is that? French, Italian?

What does it mean when you say per se?

: by, of, or in itself or oneself or themselves : as such : intrinsically. per se.

I believe it is Latin
Edited by nikmar
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, nikmar said:

What does it mean when you say per se?

: by, of, or in itself or oneself or themselves : as such : intrinsically. per se.

I believe it is Latin

It is Latin. Inter-alia 'as such' is an accurate translation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davidst01 said:

But you needed Xanax to survive. I think I read this written by you on another thread?

I needed help since early childhood. Marriage made me get that help, not just for my sake but for my family's. I posted in that topic because no one should be ashamed of their mental condition. If any poster wants to be a douche about it I couldn't care less.

Edited by Led Lolly Yellow Lolly
  • Like 1