Bank statement 12 month or 6 month for 800K retirement extension

21 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Agree completely.

Some folk live nearby their immigration office and for some it's a day long return trip. 

Reporting back at both 3 and 6 months is just plain ridiculous. Especially given that the requirements can be checked upon your next extension.

I have never read a report of where this bluff was called out and next annual extension was refused.

Jomtien do the 3 month return visit.

Recent reports regarding 3 month return is that it's not recorded and in fact when asked what happens if report is not made....Answer: "nothing"

More ...even the risk is there that some ret ext. Holders could think that after that 90 day money check they can take out up to max 400k keeping in 400 K .....next immediate

Beware as 90 days is not same as 3 months mentioned in the immigration police rule !! .....90 day is not 3 months  ( 30+31+30 ...,or 31+30+31...

only month's with  Feb.involved Has 28+31+30 or 31+28+31 to fit in that 3months or 90 days ......one can never trust that 90 dayscheck is like a 3 month's confusion trap ???????? from our "caretakers"

If need to take money out ....take a few days extra to be on the safe 3 month's side ????

42 minutes ago, worrab said:

Hua Hin is another that likes bank statements going back 12 months. Really is not a problem to get that as long as you let the bank know as many have to revert back to Head Office and it can take 5 days. I get a 12 month and a 6 month which covers all eventualities.

One of the reasons for statements is that if you have a separate account for the 800k, there is little to no activity to show in a passbook and they like a statement as evidence.   

Always find it interesting to see the differences in immigration offices requirements.

I don't doubt what you state about HH. Your doing your extensions there so "know the drill".

There are some extension reports where posters will state that this and that was required when in fact it was not however was accepted by io. TM30 being one example.

As for Bank Statements clearly as pointed out in this thread, some offices require Statements.

Many do not. Absurd requirement imo if all transactions are shown.

In fact no transactions should be required apart from deposit/withdrawal on day of application. 

Some folk leave the 800k+ all year round. Only take it out for annual visit to immigration.

Some folk have an FD account.

Personally for my Kasikorn FD a/c the minimum deposit is 1000baht.

Edited by DrJack54

18 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

So there is two CW offices. 

It's got nothing to do with 'rubbish immigration offices' that you mentioned. It all depends on how the  bank accounts are used. If the account bank book has many consolidations, as did mine in the past, a full itemized 12 months statement is needed. Each person is different and not the same as @DrJack54. In fact my next visit will be different to my previous and I will not provide a 12 month statement as I have now since opened an account solely for immigration with no significant withdrawals or deposits all year long that will be each itemized in the bank book alone.

22 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Statement or not they do need to see ALL transactions going back to the previous extension. Some offices will accept a copy of the passbook if you don't have aggregate entries.

You talk about it like your are the authoritative expert to which Immigration consults... but your expectation or experience does not match my reality here in Khon Kaen.  My bank book usually is updated once a year (and they consolidate most of the transactions into one), and the bank statement issued at the counter is 6 months only... and I have never had any issues (same at another immigration office earlier).  They do require a letter from the bank, they do require a photocopy of the bank book (matching the letter from the bank - they highlighted the final balance transaction as of today), and I provided them with the last 6 month statement (the bank book would be missing most transactions)..  They also required proof of address.  (and passport photocopy and picture)... After that is all provided the renewal process was quick and easy (my ongoing balance is actually quite a bit higher than needed since I hate spending money and it comes in regularly).   As with most things, the procedures to meet policy needs are implemented regionally (not that much different than I experienced in some western countries), so your experience does not necessarily mean it is the general experience or the experience in other regions.

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Always find it interesting to see the differences in immigration offices requirements.

I don't doubt what you state about HH. Your doing your extensions there so "know the drill".

There are some extension reports where posters will state that this and that was required when in fact it was not however was accepted by io. TM30 being one example.

As for Bank Statements clearly as pointed out in this thread, some offices require Statements.

In fact no transactions should be required apart from deposit/withdrawal on day of application. 

Some folk leave the 800k+ all year round. Only take it out for annual visit to immigration.

If using a FD a/c then it is wise to give it to the bank staff at the time the letter is created, they will have the system give a balance update 'transaction' so that the last transaction printed in the bank book is recent (i.e. today)

37 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

I will not provide a 12 month statement as I have now since opened an account solely for immigration with no significant withdrawals or deposits all year long that will be each itemized in the bank book alone.

Good.

Been posting that advice often. The account probably cost 300baht and best to skip the ATM card..

No more statements required for you.

Was not difficult.

From my earlier post.....

"In any event I suggest to folk to use a designated bank account for immigration purposes"

Edited by DrJack54

3 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

If using a FD a/c then it is wise to give it to the bank staff at the time the letter is created, they will have the system give a balance update 'transaction' so that the last transaction printed in the bank book is recent (i.e. today)

Exactly. 

I attend bank and make small deposit. Ask the clerk to please photocopy the last page to show ' 'activity' and update. 

Then next to proceed with the bank letter.

FWIW.. I use an FD and Savings account with same bank. I leave them untouched all year. 

The letter shows records of both accounts. Cost 100baht.

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Exactly. 

I attend bank and make small deposit. Ask the clerk to please photocopy the last page to show ' 'activity' and update. 

Then next to proceed with the bank letter.

FWIW.. I use an FD and Savings account with same bank. I leave them untouched all year. 

The letter shows records of both accounts. Cost 100baht.

I am assuming the small deposit is for the savings account?.

With my F/D (Bangkok Bank), I did not need to do a transaction - They just did a 'B/F' (transaction entry) with the current date/time.   (Balance Forward) - So date (today, no sequence no, B/F for transaction code, no debit/credit amount and the total balance after that entry with date and timestamp. 

5 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

I am assuming the small deposit is for the savings account?.

With my F/D (Bangkok Bank), I did not need to do a transaction - They just did a 'B/F' (transaction entry) with the current date/time.   (Balance Forward) - So date (today, no sequence no, B/F for transaction code, no debit/credit amount and the total balance after that entry with date and timestamp. 

What you did is correct.

For me personally I just make the 1000baht deposit into my FD account and 100baht deposit into the Savings account. ( I use 2 accounts same bank) 

Edited by DrJack54

47 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

In fact no transactions should be required. 

Yes, that is where I do make extensions and my last one was at the beginning of December. The problem is that they do not trust the passbook on its own especially when, like mine, it just holds over 800k for the extension. There are very few transactions and are either charges or interest. But they want this backed up by statements to ensure you have not fallen foul of the law. Crazy I know but as I said before it really is no hassle to meet this requirement, especially as they do not wish to see the passbook with evidence of correct amounts for another 12 months unlike other offices.    

When I renewed my extension this month I took the IO's strong advice and transferred the bulk of the money in my FCD dollar account to my baht account which I've also had for years. One thing she said was make a nominal deposit or withdrawal on the first day of every month. (And it seems if I'm out of county I could have my gf send a nominal deposit from her phone; much easier than wiring something.) This is CW and seems a little different from what others have said above and just goes to show how offices and different IOs can differ. The matter came to a head because I got sent to the desk of the same IO as the year before and she put on a show of no longer wanting to put up with a FCD account that had no paper bank book. OK with me; I had intended to change to baht but was procrastinating. It will be interesting to see if I'm stuck with her a third time in a year; I hope she retires, she looks old enough.

47 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Good.

Been posting that advice often. The account probably cost 300baht and best to skip the ATM card..

No more statements required for you.

Was not difficult.

From my earlier post.....

"In any event I suggest to folk to use a designated bank account for immigration purposes"

The account I use is just for immigration and they still require the 12 month statement. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, flexomike said:

Add Rayong also, they want it for both the 800,000 method and the income method

I've only ever presented my passbook (+ copy) at Rayong - BUT I maintain a balance well above 800k and make cash withdrawals every month, and keep the book updated.

1 minute ago, worrab said:

The account I use is just for immigration and they still require the 12 month statement.

When people on this thread use the word "statement" they mean a print out on regular printer paper of every bit of activity for the past 12 months, month by month? What I tried to do with my FCD account was go to the bank in person on the last day of every month and get a print out of the month whether there was any change or not (I wasn't making nominal changes.) This plan failed when I was away for half the year. 

But it seems people are talking about paying the bank to retroactively produce a print out of every month for the past 12 months? Or? In any case, the idiosyncratic IO I've had for 2 years running didn't seem to suggest any such.

2 minutes ago, Enzian said:

When people on this thread use the word "statement" they mean a print out on regular printer paper of every bit of activity for the past 12 months, month by month? What I tried to do with my FCD account was go to the bank in person on the last day of every month and get a print out of the month whether there was any change or not (I wasn't making nominal changes.) This plan failed when I was away for half the year. 

But it seems people are talking about paying the bank to retroactively produce a print out of every month for the past 12 months? Or? In any case, the idiosyncratic IO I've had for 2 years running didn't seem to suggest any such.

Yes and the print off comes from Head Office to my branch via the mail system. As I said previously, there is very little activity but hey ho. That is what is required so that is what Hua Hin gets. Mind you the bank actually double checked with the IO to ensure this was still the case of 12 months of activities and it certainly was.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

As should be the case in all offices.

It depends on whether the local immigration office is determined to mulish about adhering to the letter of the rule or just making sure they adhere to the intent of what the legislation was meant to accomplish.  The letter is you must have x amount of money for these days, the intent was to ensure that this was your money in your account and not placed in there for the renewal then removed from that account after the renewal was granted (i.e. fraud with regards to the intent of the requirement).    If your balance is always just enough to be approved, I expect that the immigration staff would require more to ensure that money is yours (i.e. adhering more to the letter), if your balance is often significantly above - and there is history of that balance being there (though not a years worth), then I would expect the immigration office to require less adherence to the letter of the rule since the intent was always - to make sure you had the money available and were therefore worth granting a visa to.  

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Statement or not they do need to see ALL transactions going back to the previous extension. Some offices will accept a copy of the passbook if you don't have aggregate entries.

When I did my extension in April I copied all pages since the previous extension (which incidentally included entries back to 2018, I only do 2/3 entries a year and I always keep the book up to date), not good enough they required copies of all pages in the bank book and that covered 2014 - 2018, and they required a bank statement presumably to prove no consolidated entries in the bank book.

5 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

If your balance is always just enough to be approved, I expect that the immigration staff would require more to ensure that money is yours (i.e. adhering more to the letter),

This helps, and makes sense of the comment made by the IO when I agreed to change my dollars to my baht account, that since the amount was so close to an even million baht, that I should top it up to over a million total going forward. Whatever makes them happy; I don't expect to actually lose anything.   I added so much to hold me for a while that it will be pretty high for a good part of the year. But by next renewal time if it happens to be closer to 800K I'm just going to go in and see what happens--800K is the rule after all. But it will be easy to keep it high if I so decide, and that will probably be prudent.

On 12/26/2021 at 11:25 AM, DrJack54 said:

Not "some offices".

The vast majority of immigration offices require photocopies of bank book pages only and not bank statements.

The photocopies would need to dated back to previous extension to show that the required balances were maintained as per the requirements.

A recommendation to anyone using money in bank method....   have a designated bank account for extension purposes. 

Your last statement is the way to go.

I have always been required to show 12 months of statements for extension in Huahin or Phetchaburi IM offices. Copy of bank book not accepted. So last year I put the money in a Fixed deposit account and now need only a bank letter.

Bangkok Bank can do 6 month record on demand, but 12 months requires two weeks. One way to do that is get two consecutive 6 month statements and end with a recent bank letter.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

Bangkok Bank can do 6 month record on demand, but 12 months requires two weeks.

I got my 12 month in 5 days not only this year but the year previously as well. That is Bangkok Bank Head Office in Bangkok to Bang Saphan Noi.

Edited by worrab
add
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eff1n2ret said:

I've only ever presented my passbook (+ copy) at Rayong - BUT I maintain a balance well above 800k and make cash withdrawals every month, and keep the book updated.

maybe for the 800,000 you just have to show one time, I know that they asked me for it, I did it two times, switched to the income method last year

On 12/26/2021 at 11:25 AM, DrJack54 said:

Not "some offices".

The vast majority of immigration offices require photocopies of bank book pages only and not bank statements.

The photocopies would need to dated back to previous extension to show that the required balances were maintained as per the requirements.

A recommendation to anyone using money in bank method....   have a designated bank account for extension purposes. 

But that would mean the inconvenience of updating your bank book every week. If u dont do this when u do update it, it only shows the latest balance and the previous week's transactions. At least that is the case with Kasikorn bank. As I rarely/never use my bank book, A 12 month statement is much more convenient.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

But that would mean the inconvenience of updating your bank book every week. If u dont do this when u do update it, it only shows the latest balance and the previous week's transactions. At least that is the case with Kasikorn bank. As I rarely/never use my bank book, A 12 month statement is much more convenient.

I also use Kasikorn bank and deal with CW.

I do not update bank accounts at all except for day of application for extension. The account is dedicated for immigration purposes only. I maintain balance of ~ 900k. Never touch it..

Most recent extension was Nov 2.

I provide bankbook, Bank letter along with photocopies of bb pages.

Here is trip report I made for retirement extension if anyone is dealing with CW. 

Edited by DrJack54

On 12/26/2021 at 12:53 PM, EricTh said:

It's the same with Chiang Mai. 

When I first came here many years ago, they didn't require bank statement and 90 days report.  

Nowadays, they  even require my bank book to be updated on the same date as the bank letter even though the amount is the same as the bank letter. I didn't make any withdrawal or deposit one week before the bank letter.

I explained to imm., if there are no withdrawal/deposit, the bank book will not be updated even if we put the book under the machine.

This is a pain in the ass.

Just pay a small amount into your 800k account and on the same day get a bank letter quoting the revised total appearing in your bank book.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

So your 'dedicated' account b book annual update shows that no transactions have been made? Is it an account with ATM card access?

I actually use two dedicated accounts (same bank). The FD account has no ATM and the savings account has ATM card.

I'm guessing that the ATM annual fee is debited in that account.

The FD account would show annual interest credit and perhaps tax. In any event there is minimal transactions. I never bother to look. I maintain 600k in FD a/c and approx 400k in the savings a/c.

I have another bank account that I use for general banking.

• Like 1