Waiting time 3 Month to get driving license???

Eaglekott

5 minutes ago, 86Tiger said:

My wife needed a renewal.  Called local DLT in late September.  First available appointment 6 December.  

She waited, attended appointment and now has renewed license.

That is all I got.

Same here. My wife's current 5 year M/B & car licences expired Oct 1st. She had to do an online exam and then book an appointment to pick up her new licences from the DLT. The earliest appointment she could get was tomorrow Dec 28th, so about 3 months for her also. This is Buriram.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, 86Tiger said:

My wife needed a renewal.  Called local DLT in late September.  First available appointment 6 December.  

She waited, attended appointment and now has renewed license.

That is all I got.

hmm... my wife just renewed her license, took the test online and the next morning went to the DLT showed them the a photo of completion on her phone, took the color test ....  received her license.  Easy.   but ... it's now 505. Baht for the license

• Confused 1

Perhaps this is an incredibly dumb and obviously so question but here goes anyway.

If your friend (I am assuming they held a foreign license of some sort and are a falang) had a drivers license and is wanting to get a Thai one then why did they go to a driver school (pay completely unnecessary learner fees, then get right-royally set-up for an addition intimate back-door entry reaming to do what is as easy as falling off a bike (plz excuse the unintended ambulatory related pun) and which can be done by anyone with half a brain (proof is I did it on own a while back with zero help from anyone lol)?  

18 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

Perhaps this is an incredibly dumb and obviously so question but here goes anyway.

If your friend (I am assuming they held a foreign license of some sort and are a falang) had a drivers license and is wanting to get a Thai one then why did they go to a driver school (pay completely unnecessary learner fees, then get right-royally set-up for an addition intimate back-door entry reaming to do what is as easy as falling off a bike (plz excuse the unintended ambulatory related pun) and which can be done by anyone with half a brain (proof is I did it on own a while back with zero help from anyone lol)?  

As I mentioned in my first post. He has no Driving License.  He recently got the legal age for driving.

In my case, it is the Immigration that makes me wait 90 days as they refused to issue me a certificate of residence, required for renewing Thai DL, because I could not produce a 90-day report younger than 90 days. Of course I could not because I only returned to Thailand 2 weeks ago. Before that I had been away for the previous six months. The immigration lady asked me to wait for 90 days to have new-enough a 90-day report, or get the certificate from my embassy. The latter does not work as embassies (certainly mine at least as I tried) have no authority to issue such certificates. I have a non-o-retirement visa, and get annual extension stays from the very same Immigration Division 1 in Bangkok. In limbo between two government offices.

I did the exam online with the smart DLT app and could make an appointment for 6 weeks later, in Chaiyaphum. Indeed the waiting time for my certificate of residence was 50 minutes and I was the first customer in the morning. I was not afraid to ask why and a nice lady who helped me say, the boss have to sign it. A certificate of residence will cost 500 baht, normal price.