Israeli Who Escaped Quarantine Will be Charged and Deported

snoop1130

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Ah the good old  ‘plead guilty’ make our job easier we can save face, you can go home !!!!

Perhaps this is why the Israeli guy is on ‘radio silence’... It would appear he is following some clever advice to just accept the hit and let them play their game so he can go home and avoid potential incarceration or higher financial charges. 

"While there are no exact estimates of the proportion of cases that are resolved through plea bargaining, scholars estimate that about 90 to 95 percent of both federal and state court cases are resolved through this process"

(Bureau of Justice Statistics, 2005; Flanagan and Maguire, 1990

• Like 2

A post has been removed in keeping with forum rules:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

https://aseannow.com/terms/

1 minute ago, SteveAZ said:

Got to love all the entitlement discussion. He is a guest in another country, didn’t follow the rules designed to protect public health during a pandemic. It’s as if people think they are infectious disease experts. If you get a positive PCR test you have to stay in quarantine or isolation until you test negative and the virus is cleared.  The most infectious period is the first 3-4 days so if he was retested 4 days later he quite possibly come back negative. No telling how many people he may have infected. If you not wish to follow any rules then go vacation in Somalia. 

Baruch <72 hrs before travel he tested negative....  Arrival test, positive, then the following day negative again.... 

Are you suggesting people are PCR positive for just a couple of days above the idea that his arrival test was a false positive ?

People don’t need to be experts in anything to observe the obvious. 

• Like 1

IMO should wait to pass judgement and  hopefully judgement is fair.... would good to hear his side of story. 

Read an article can’t share it’s the rules...  says initial test was positive, 2 additional RT-PCR

as was 3 RT-PCR from Medical Science Dept. In hospital. Score: initial 1 Positive/ 3 negative ( after positive) and stated he was fully recovered ... 4 persons in close contact with him tested negative...

So it’s a wait and see IMO.

8 minutes ago, SteveAZ said:

Got to love all the entitlement discussion. He is a guest in another country, didn’t follow the rules designed to protect public health during a pandemic. It’s as if people think they are infectious disease experts. If you get a positive PCR test you have to stay in quarantine or isolation until you test negative and the virus is cleared.  The most infectious period is the first 3-4 days so if he was retested 4 days later he quite possibly come back negative. No telling how many people he may have infected. If you not wish to follow any rules then go vacation in Somalia. 

Somalia it will be for my next vacation, Steve.

I'm hoping it will be wild and wooley just like Thailand was on my first trip here back in  the '70s.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, geisha said:

I suppose they are right.What if every other fool decided to do a runner ?  If he did have Omicron or Delta or asymptomatique, he’s not allowed to leave like that and potentially spread whatever he’s got. 

yes exactly he's putting other people at risk ie me my family ..why bother with a trial if he's going to be deported waste of time should let him do 12 months in the BKk hilton just for his arrogant attitude of F U im ok jack ..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

yes exactly he's putting other people at risk ie me my family ..why bother with a trial if he's going to be deported waste of time should let him do 12 months in the BKk hilton just for his arrogant attitude of F U im ok jack ..

Then perhaps you should also direct your disdain towards the hotels who have also been allowing guests to leave before receiving their PCR results. 

25 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Yes, I'd like to hear his side of the story of why he thought he could leave the initial quarantine hotel (and get away with it).

I see it as a perfectly realistic possibility that after remaining in Test & Go quarantine for more than 24 hours he called up reception and asked if he was free to leave. Reception saw that he’d checked in the day before and simply told him he was free to go..... 

19 hours ago, ukrules said:

I can't wait to hear his side of what actually happened as soon as he gets back home.

I also can’t wait to hear what he has to say for himself, but whatever he says, I will take it with a grain of salt. In my experience, people who did something wrong are usually not chomping at the bit to admit to that, and tend to lie or at least bend the truth a little bit to make themselves look better.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

Seriously?

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

I also can’t wait to hear what he has to say for himself, but whatever he says, I will take it with a grain of salt. In my experience, people who did something wrong are usually not chomping at the bit to admit to that, and tend to lie or at least bend the truth a little bit to make themselves look better.

Valid point....  I hope there is follow up.

If in a few days he makes a public statement that ’the hotel told him he was free to leave’.... do we believe him ?

This is why it would be interesting to see the CCTV of him leaving the Test & Go hotel... did he sneak out through the car park, or return his Room card and walk out the front door with his baggage ?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

How sure?

Maybe he was given another stack of papers, with rules and regulations.

Just let it go.

Are you serious? You don't even need papers to tell you, that you shouldn't be traveling until the test results are confirmed. What other reason could you infer the mandatory one day hotel is for. What's next, maybe he didn't know there's a pandemic, because Thai officials might not have  communicated this clearly?

I’m no fan of the Thai Authorities but as usual so many of you on here use this story as an excuse to rip into the Thais. The protocols for entering Thailand under the Test and Go scheme is very clear. This arrogant  <deleted> decided it didn’t apply to him and is now enjoying the consequences of that arrogance. The accusations on here of Thai overreaction are laughable, if one can ignore the rules then so can everyone.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AustinRacing said:

His people are not known for being big spenders hence not the quality tourist wanted by LOS????????????

This is both sad and funny. Antisemites which is a form of racism apply conflicting tropes to Jews seemingly unaware of the contradictions. Vile Jew haters sometimes in the same rant will say Jews are cheap and then rich Jews control the world. In the Jew hater's imagery rich Jews are pictured in all kinds of luxurious material decadence.

Edited by Jingthing

1 minute ago, mtls2005 said:

The anti-Semitism has been exposed on this topic in the multiple threads. Why am I not shocked? 

Just waiting for the next fire at an entertainment establishment, where the nuances of insurance fraud raise their ugly head.

It would be shocking if it didn't happen. 

9 minutes ago, retayl said:

I’m no fan of the Thai Authorities but as usual so many of you on here use this story as an excuse to rip into the Thais. The protocols for entering Thailand under the Test and Go scheme is very clear. This arrogant  <deleted> decided it didn’t apply to him and is now enjoying the consequences of that arrogance. The accusations on here of Thai overreaction are laughable, if one can ignore the rules then so can everyone.

Not really...   understanding or suspecting that this could be a mistake in communication and perhaps a face saving exercise is not a ‘Thai bash’ but a realistic possibility. 

I have quarantined in Thailand in ASQ (Twice) in Sandbox (once) and Test & Go (once). 

In each of those intervals of quarantine there have been examples of miss-communication and the staff not understanding the protocol / procedures, at the Embassy level and the hotel level.

Maybe this guy was arrogant and didn’t think the rules applied to him, or maybe he was told he could leave by the hotel staff who made a mistake - its not a Thai bash to understand the latter is a possibility.