BB gun for pigeon problems

Cricky

Paintball guns, BB guns and airsoft guns are not considered firearms, so it is legal to possess them without having a permit or registering them. However the owner must comply with the following conditions:

• The gun hasn’t been modified to use CO2.

• Only plastic bullets are used – no metal bullets or marbles may be fired.

• When carrying the gun outside of the owner’s property it must be packed in a safe case or box. It is not allowed to be carried in shirt or trouser pockets, nor can it be left out in the open.

• The gun can’t be used to commit a crime or torture animals.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

If you do happen to kill them, take them home and eat them.  Braised, very good tender meat.

I remember trying pigeon (as a dinner) in a country pub in Sussex, as I had never tried it before.

It had been hung for quite a while I think, as the flesh was a bit dry and powdery, but the most off-putting part was the lead shotgun pellets in it!!!

Won't happen with plastic pellets of course, and braising with garlic and red wine should do the trick!

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Cricky said:

Lazada? 

A friend of mine bought the robot owl and another couple of supposed "pigeon scarers" because he had a pigeon problem at his house, and when I next saw him I asked him how it was going and he replied, "it seemed to work for a couple of days, and then I looked out of the window to see what was happening and one pigeon was trying to f..ck the owl, and another one was trying to feed the "pigeon scarer".

I know he was saying it in jest, but what he was trying to put over was that neither worked!

• Haha 1

Can't you put up netting to keep them off the places they are roosting?  That would be less expensive, less time consuming, more humane and 100 percent going to work than other methods. 

They are creatures of habit, and if they can't roost due to the netting they will find somewhere else to go and then stay there.  Then you can take the netting back down if it looks unsightly. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cricky said:

I read it was the kiwi's and Welsh that did that 

Bloody Aussies we'll try anything for a laugh 

That's a malicious rumor concocted by the Orstraylians.  The only place in the world you can buy velcro gloves is Australia.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

If you sprinkle salt on their tails they cannot fly and you can pick them up!

If you attck them with salt would that not be classified as asault and maybe classified as torture as we are all advised that salt is bad for us?

19 hours ago, banglay said:

I bought a airsoft pistol from lazada .. fires plastic pellets

What sort of range does it have ? I remember I bought one years ago , and you could see the pellet leaving the end of the gun and landing about 5 metres away. Pathetic it was.

Edited by NE1
  • Haha 1