Total Omicron Cases Rise to Almost 1,000

snoop1130

8 minutes ago, DLock said:

My experience is that Omicron confirmed testing takes 3 days, as Bangkok is the only place that has the labs to do the testing, so today they are reporting Omicron infections from 3 days ago, that were confirmed today.

In 3 days from now, we will know the numbers from today, and it will be significantly higher than 1,000...

...and that does not count the asymptomatic, and those that test positive with ATK and self isolate Thai style and infect more people...

Don't Thailand use those new PCR tests that can detect omicron without doing whole genome sequencing.

That could maybe save them some time.

12 minutes ago, Virt said:

Don't Thailand use those new PCR tests that can detect omicron without doing whole genome sequencing.

That could maybe save them some time.

Not in Chiang Mai - all tests had to be sent to BKK for Omicron testing - and took 3 days.

...and test numbers is probably at a reasonable currently, and when the testing needs grow, I think they will just assume everyone is Omicron...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

And self isolate arrogant  farang style and go out clubbing, shopping  drinking  and whoring I think you mean

No, you are incorrect...I don't think they go shopping...

But I am sure there are, or will be, plenty of minor symptom infected people that are selfish enough to go out and do what they do, with no regard that they could be infecting others.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Wow, just read this morning's news of 700+. Another 250, or so, is 33% more in only one day! If it continues like that, then the tally will be 10,000 in less than two weeks...

Think UK went from 20 to now 90% of all reported in about 3 weeks so think your 10k may be a little conservative.

13 minutes ago, DLock said:

No, you are incorrect...I don't think they go shopping...

But I am sure there are, or will be, plenty of minor symptom infected people that are selfish enough to go out and do what they do, with no regard that they could be infecting others.

Or their bosses telling them to carry on working.