What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

4 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I haven't read the book (Shooter) but I was also a little disappointed by the series.

The books are very good and chronicle a family  of Lawmen. The author used to be one of my favourites. As with Elmore Leonard the scripts don't do justice to the original book.

A new movie based on the excellent writer James Lee Burke is due to be released but sadly reviews do not bode well.

• Like 2

On 2/3/2022 at 5:38 PM, bert bloggs said:

While we are having a competition to see if boxes are ticked,just started watching the 3rd series of The Bay,which by the way 1 and 2 were really good.

Well series 3 has a new female detective ,she is black,Muslim woman with white boyfriend ,she has a disabled son he is deaf  her son had a white girlfriend  so yipee so many boxes ticked,????lol.

Lets hope the story holds up 

Suspension of disbelief, essential to enjoying fiction/drama becomes impossible with such clumsy 'identitarian wokecasting' but some people love it

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Will27 said:

My favourite cop, Lt. Joe Kenda is back with Season 2 of American Detective.

First 3 episodes are out there.

Someone told me I should always mentioned ---where "out there"   is.....forget who that was now............:omfg:

• Haha 2

No Half Measures Creating the Final Season of Breaking Bad----- Doco  2h.15m......... 8.5 IMDB

I must have missed this first time around, because it came out 2014 --- I was taking a wander through RARBG and just saw it.

Thought it may be interesting.

Now the Boxing & football is full on.(thats kicking a ball with your foot--for the guys in the colonies) I'm Getting further behind with all these other good programs .

28 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Someone told me I should always mentioned ---where "out there"   is.....forget who that was now............:omfg:

I normally do unless it's pretty much everywhere.

Not like when it's only on Chaos I guess.

Jack Reacher Series 1 E1 starts with impeccable music, Howling  Wolfe-Smokestack Lightening and thankfully introduces us to a more accurately cast Reacher than the ludicrous  Tom 'Tiny' Cruise. Accurate casting is important  and like editing and camerawork  is an essential  part of quality, realistic TV drama movies. Alan Ritchson plays Reacher and is a suitably neutral actor, a blank canvass for the Reacher  character.  I would have preferred Jim Caviezel of POI fame. It remains  to be seen if this attempt at cinematographic interpretation of the book Reacher book series  works...I have my doubts but also my hopes

• Like 1

Inflammatory remark and subsequent responses have been removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Hopefully more to come but I'm really enjoying E1.

All 8 episodes are on tinyzonetv.to

and the music remains great NO hip hop rap cr@p but superb country blues and some stones..BTW Reacher is not just a brute but a champion of deductive detection like Homes and Mycroft...he's pretty brainy..

Edited by The Hammer2021

17 hours ago, Jingthing said:

You and others invite rebuttal by endlessly posting inflammatory anti diversity right wing propaganda complete with canned knee jerk terms like woke.

You want to post off topic garbage like that and cancel anyone that calls you out for it? How is that fair?

Also talking about identity box ticking. I assert that those making and posting such bigotry inspired lists are the real box tickers here.

What a perverted way to view shows. Making lists of any characters that aren't non Muslim straight white people in relationships with other non Muslim straight white people and then posting such white nationalist stained lists as legitimate reviews.

In a historical drama to have the characters so misplaced makes the whole film an exercise in PC to the detriment of the story.

A black general of Scotland in the 1600's ?

If it was fiction, or drama - go for it.

And I know black people have been in Great Britain since Roman times.

Go make a film about a black trumpeter in Henry 8 court - at least it is true.

• Like 2