What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

On 11/1/2022 at 12:04 AM, LosLobo said:

Acapulco (TV Series 2021– ) - IMDb

Series 2 of Acapulco has arrived. Not a bad light comedy.

The Watcher (TV Mini Series 2022) - IMDb

I found The Watcher a worthwhile watch! Thanks for the recommendation.

The White Lotus (TV Series 2021–2022) - IMDb

The second series of The White Lotus is only a shadow of its former series.

Different hotel and location, maybe only one of the original characters. Not so funny.

I just discovered Acapulco and have really been enjoying it. Nothing groundbreaking, but a good light comedy as you said. I kind of like the 80s music covers too. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Poker Face with Russel Crowe. Could only manage 15 minutes of this Aussie movie. Total rubbish IMO. The 5.3 score on IMDB is exceeding generous.

I felt the same in the beginning of it and almost gave up. But it got watchable as it progressed. Not a great movie but OK and the end reveals what was going on.

I started watching the first episode of the 3rd series of One Lane Bridge - hmm, its ok - it started off as a crime / mystery with supernatural twist, seems more about the latter / and bridge now. Still a good watch for the scenery.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Downloaded from PBay, and am now watching 1956 King & I with Deborah Kerr & Yul Brynner.

Fabulous music, and not a motor cycle, 7-11 or electric cable in sight.

Don't get caught with it on your computer. It's banned in Thailand.

11 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Don't get caught with it on your computer. It's banned in Thailand.

The Musical or just the Jodie Foster movie?

And sorry, it was 1951, and banned here in 56.

I'll take my chances and delete when I've watched it. 

Edited by KannikaP
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just downloaded first episode of Tulsa King with Sly Stallone from 1337X .  Entertaining with some dark humor.  Rated well on IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes as well

Edited by Skallywag
  • Like 2

On 11/14/2022 at 9:11 PM, BritManToo said:

I thought it was awful in almost every way. Silly and unbelievable plot, really nasty ending. 

Essentially an Indian having sex with a rotting zombie. Just no! 

Nice scenery though! 

Should have listened to you, and gave up half way through.  Surprised I lasted that long.  

On 11/10/2022 at 11:48 AM, xylophone said:

Watched a couple of movies over this last week, the first one being, "The Quiet American" (the 2002 version) which starred Michael Caine and Brendan Fraser, and it was okay and did "reference" American involvement in the war between the Vietnamese and French.

The second was on BBC iPlayer and was called, "Woman in Gold" and starred Helen Mirren and Ryan Reynolds, and that was an interesting movie based on a true story, and hopefully I won't be giving anything away, but the Nazi treatment of Jews at that time, brought a tear to my eye, much more so than other movies about that subject, although this movie was not actually about that..........

this is a bit off topic, to the movie you watched. But there was (2014) a terriffic Brit mini tv series called 'The Honourable Woman' starring Maggie Gyllenhaal .

(sp?)

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, giddyup said:

I agree.

cant wait - Emelie Blunt has been on a roll for a while. Just watched Gods Country its got a few minor flaws in the characterizations. but a beaut of a film, great performance by 'Thandie' Newton.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2022 at 12:58 AM, bobandyson said:

The English (2022)

fmovies. One season only. 6 Episodes.

One word.  "bloodygreat"

I was tempted to give up just over halfway through when different plots and people were being introduced, thereby muddying the story IMO, but I stayed with it until the end and all I can say that it was "different" but not a good series, and quite preposterous at times.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2022 at 11:48 AM, xylophone said:

Watched a couple of movies over this last week, the first one being, "The Quiet American" (the 2002 version) which starred Michael Caine and Brendan Fraser, and it was okay and did "reference" American involvement in the war between the Vietnamese and French.

The second was on BBC iPlayer and was called, "Woman in Gold" and starred Helen Mirren and Ryan Reynolds, and that was an interesting movie based on a true story, and hopefully I won't be giving anything away, but the Nazi treatment of Jews at that time, brought a tear to my eye, much more so than other movies about that subject, although this movie was not actually about that..........

One of my favourite movies, "The Quiet American" if anyone not seen it, watch. One of Michael Caine's best performances.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0258068/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1