Tourism Ministry Launches ‘Thailand Trusted Destination’ Campaign

webfact

7 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Agree with all, except what's above.   Why would a tourist care how expats are treated, or the reverse, unless expat manages a business catering to.

Who bases their holiday decisions of that.  Nobody would ever travel, if people considered how any one segment of a population in any country was treated.

You have answered your concern.

When planning a vacation, one would read up about how foreigners are treated by a host nation. this is not further deciphered if they are long or short stays. 

22 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

My family and I were travelling with some friends recently (I was the only foreigner).

We travelled out to a National Park... I didn’t think anything of it until we returned.

I assumed we’d simply not been charged the entry free.

I later found out that the the Thai’s with whom I’d been travelling were so embarrassed at the ‘double charging’ they’d paid my 5x National Park fee didn’t tell me. 

Ironically, the last time I visited a national park I’d paid the ‘Thai Price’ with my Pink ID card. 

------

As others have written - Thailand does not do what is says on the tin....  

i.e. it makes promises of trust - but state sponsored dual charging indicates very very differently.

The recent case of the Hua Hin expat who was double charged for his cancer treatment indicates very very differently.

Thailand - You have a LOT of work to do if you are ever to accurately use the word ’Trust’.

I would throw in the word "Truth" as well!!!

10 minutes ago, mjakob007 said:

You have answered your concern.

When planning a vacation, one would read up about how foreigners are treated by a host nation. this is not further deciphered if they are long or short stays. 

You'll get the same result from both groups:

Grumpy expat ... sucks here and wonders why he/she stays

Rosy glassed expat ... best place in the world

Scammed tourist ... avoid at all cost

Rosy glassed tourist ... OMG ... stayed there for a month, so beautiful and only spent $5

23 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Trust us. If you are a foreigner, we will charge you 10x what a local pays, for any national park, museum or many other attractions. Trust us. We are consistent. 

No they are not.  I've never paid more than a local Thai pays.  I've heard of double pricing, seen it once, told them I'd pay the ๒๕ baht price, and they fine with that... 50 baht in English... ????????????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

If they could achieve all the above they wouldn't need a sticker to prove it... punters would be lined up at the door because of word-of-mouth.

Yes, word of mouth, that's how I heard about Thailand, from co-workers (airlines) that routinely visited.  Though most conversations started with sextourism, before getting to the parts that interested me for retirement.  Enough that I had to take a peek for myself.  

Completely ignorant of any tourism promotion by any agency.  Few friend's opinion I respect suggest I check it out.   So simply wrote a ticket and went, little to no research prior.  ????

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

You'll get the same result from both groups:

Grumpy expat ... sucks here and wonders why he/she stays

Rosy glassed expat ... best place in the world

Scammed tourist ... avoid at all cost

Rosy glassed tourist ... OMG ... stayed there for a month, so beautiful and only spent $5

While i agree with you, most tourists would look at 5* and 1* reviews. in most cases they wont drill down to establish if it was made by a tourist or long timer.

while reserving a room on booking.com, i would look at best and worst reviews of a hotel with particular attention to recent & demography-wise reviews.

if i see 3 x 5* reviews and 2 x 1* reviews, i would rather look for another hotel than take a chance, especially if travelling with family.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Sunderland said:

A dancing buffalo or a ribless pig dancing around a gogo pole would be more appropriate.

yep keep the dancing elephants let have the logo of nice issaan girl dancing around a pole..better advertising i think

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mavideol said:

new year just started and the TAT NEW BS comes with it..... let's wait until tomorrow for a newer one  555

TAT's new slgan as of January 2.  "2 for 1 2022", that's right folks come to Thailand and get 2 PCR test for the price of 1 in 2022.

15 hours ago, Blumpie said:

You know, what an absolutely idiotic thing to put in a news story.  Clean toilets.  I mean, they sprayed them with disinfectant.  Wow!  Incredible Thailand!  Certified safe!  (tm).  

It is such a third world country and why are the leaders so stupid so as not to see it?  IT's really stunning isn't it?  

Must surely rate as the most stupid nation on the planet.

• Like 1

"C'mon man"

You Know the Thing!

It is and has been and will always be just another Thai propaganda campaign.

This country is all about its presentation and perception and lacks little or any associated substance to its announcements.

If you live here and like the people and the culture here (which I do), you just accept it all as "the norm" and move on.

Thailand's mission statement  "Another Day, Another Preposterous Government Program Announcement" 

The scary thing is they actually believe their own propaganda nonsense. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ian007 said:

Well I know where I am going to have my next <deleted> when i read this <deleted>.... "Krabi International Airport, which has been certified for toilet cleanliness"

Praise Buddha ... don't think I could hold it any longer ... ????

Not the best time to launch trusted campaign which trust has been severely tarnished by the way any visitors are treated if they are unlucky to have tested positive or have travelled with anyone testing positive for Covid but without any other symptoms. Incarceration in very expensive state hospitals charging foreigners double prices come and have a great holiday in hospital Go home bankrupt 

• Like 2