Tourism Ministry Launches ‘Thailand Trusted Destination’ Campaign

webfact

6 hours ago, charmonman said:

Very few tourists coming anyway with all the confusing and expensive entry requirements, so why do they bother with this nonsense? Dancing elephants- what will they think of next?

To justify a job and for self-gratification.

What will they think of next? A laughing hyena or a cuckoo with 'trust me' hanging around their neck would be more appropriate than a majestic, loyal elephant. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SamuiFan said:

A Much better contribution to the health and image of Thailand would be to reintroduce the Test and Go.

You missed off 2 words  'Test and Go Somewhere Else' just as TAT missed off the letters 'Mis' before the word Trusted

• Like 1

15 hours ago, wimpy said:

Not double. Typically 10x.

It is for entry into national parks that decapricing for foreigners, ie ten times the price applicable for Thai nationals, has been mandated by Ministerial Regulation.

Other venues that use the same multiplier do so voluntarily.

20 hours ago, mjakob007 said:

While i agree with you, most tourists would look at 5* and 1* reviews. in most cases they wont drill down to establish if it was made by a tourist or long timer.

while reserving a room on booking.com, i would look at best and worst reviews of a hotel with particular attention to recent & demography-wise reviews.

if i see 3 x 5* reviews and 2 x 1* reviews, i would rather look for another hotel than take a chance, especially if travelling with family.

Booking.com sucks.  Agoda sucks.  The reviews are horse<deleted> and the pictures you see photoshopped.  The only way I can explain my experience with them.  5*, rave reviews, beautiful pictures.  Arrived there 3 weeks later and the place is a dump... we won't even talk about agoda.  

• Like 1

TOT need to launch their own National anthem. We can wake up every morning to it blaring out the loud speakers followed by the message of the day. 

Edited by garyk
  • Haha 1

On 1/2/2022 at 11:27 AM, WinterGael said:

No they are not.  I've never paid more than a local Thai pays.  I've heard of double pricing, seen it once, told them I'd pay the ๒๕ baht price, and they fine with that... 50 baht in English... ????????????

Same here... especially if you are a local and they know you as part if the community....

On 1/1/2022 at 1:09 PM, ThailandRyan said:

TaTs new slogan...Dancing Elephants and

Toilets you can eat off of.

I do appreciate a clean loo. Seen more execrable examples than I am used to in other countres. Then again, at least their ARE public loos. I was tempted in one SEASEAN country to pooh on the floor of an area where none would allow an elderly, disabled gaijin to use a toilet. Thankfully the knob who ran the public toilet concession showed up in time, if two hours after the posted "business" opening time.

On 1/3/2022 at 3:16 AM, sambum said:

You've got it the wrong way round there, mate!

Can you imagine the reaction if, for instance, foreign visitors to London Zoo or the London Eye were asked to pay double the price that Brits pay?

I think it’s more a case of the way you’re looking at it.  
Entrance fee is 100 baht.  The local Thai with you only pays half. Many tourists to see places which helps the economy. They most likely wouldn’t be there if not for taking a foreigner. They have probably been to places like the Grand Palace many times over.

Remember too your $$ is probably worth 4 times theirs. 
Don’t concern yourself with what the other person gets out of it. If you’re happy with the deal, take it. If not, don’t!

On 1/1/2022 at 11:27 AM, spidermike007 said:

Trust us. If you are a foreigner, we will charge you 10x what a local pays, for any national park, museum or many other attractions. Trust us. We are consistent. 

I got lucky once with my Pink ID and paid the local price

May not work for everyone 

3 hours ago, DrJoy said:

I got lucky once with my Pink ID and paid the local price

May not work for everyone 

I have too. Not only may it not work for everyone, it may not work in most locations and venues. 

I remember when some govt. minister made a proclamation that dual pricing would stop. Like everything Prayuth, it lasted about two weeks. 

• Like 1

Thailand in general needs to reassess their entire approach if they want people to come to Thailand. They really need to show that they are trustworthy and not just advertise that they are!! Double charging rates are fairly common in third world Asia, china included!! I think I paid 4 times the local rate to visit the Great Wall of China!

If a foreigner stays in a Hotel or visits a restaurant and leaves what the owner/manager considers a bad review the customers are liable to be sued by Thai law, its a complete and utter joke! Recently some resort is trying to sue a foreigner for 3 million THB for leaving a 6 out 10 review, what planet are they from?? 

So all this silly prehistoric Thai stuff needs to end and Thailand should move into the 21st century displaying honest and sensible practices. 

The recent suspending of Test & Go, the advertised date of the 10th, then the 15th and then they realised that there were only about 2,500 QR codes that had not already cancelled so decided to allow anyone with an existing QR code in. The test & go is not very different to the Phuket / Samui etc sandbox rules so instead of all the crazy publicity stopping tourist from coming why didn't they just advise potential or pending travellers that they could still enter Thailand but only to the 6 sandbox regions. Speaking with Samui hotel & Villa owners they have had many cancellations mostly caused by the authorities poorly thought through changes of rules and the usual flip flop. So many potential  travellers have even less trust in Thailand than previously so good luck with the "Trust Thailand" campaign!!!!