Thailand’s Minister of Public Health officially proposes to Covid-Center to postpone resuming “Test and Go” until at least the end of January

webfact

2 hours ago, Screaming said:

This is a good idea. There are many foreigners that are entering Thailand with the new brand of Covid. I would like to see a fourteen day quarantine also reinstated for new entries. The January 15 opening of bars should also be moved up until the middle of next year on the new fears of covid.

".................until the middle of next year...................."

By the middle of next year (2023) you'd be lucky if there were any bars left to open!

17 minutes ago, Bvor said:

is it at all possible for you to change bookings, etc and bring forward your bangkok arrival date to fit in with the A Nut proposed 10 jan cut-off.

maybe can utilise the 72 hour thailand pass date flexibility that apparently exists ?

i understand it would be a pain in the <deleted>............but maybe could work out.

wait and see announcement tomorrow maybe still have time to organise things if need be.   

Is the 72 hours flexibility with respect to departure or arrival?

40 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Exactly, the CCSA will do what their told.

You think they would be allowed to make a fool of this uneducated unqualified bricklayer.

Apparently he has a degree in Engineering - sod all to do with people's health!  But he also has lots of money - 'nuff said? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Probably best to go into full lockdown, close the borders, curfew, ban alcohol, etc., until covid is completely gone.  I can't see any other way to approach the situation. /s

until covid is completely gone" ????

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Anutin Charnvirakul, Minister of Public Health and Deputy Prime Minister, confirmed this morning to the Thai press, January 3rd, 2022, that he has proposed on behalf of the Ministry of Public Health (MOPH) to delay any resumption of the “Test and Go” program until at least the end of January, scheduled for a review by the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration, or CCSA, tomorrow, January 4th.

He's finally grown some backbone...

Test & Go should be now 7 days in a qualified hotel.

Test on arrival and at 5 days.

If they show clear you can go where you want.

• Confused 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

He's finally grown some backbone...

Test & Go should be now 7 days in a qualified hotel.

Test on arrival and at 5 days.

If they show clear you can go where you want.

I could accept a 5 day - if they had a pattaya option, but having to go to Phuket for 10-14 days is currently madness

• Like 2

2 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Anyone read Thai? Barrow says it's now locked out after 10 Jan

???? BREAKING: The Ministry of Public Health is now recommending extending the suspension of new applications for Test & Go until the end of the month and they also propose, those who already have a Thailand Pass for Test & Go, must enter before 10 January. Follow @ThaiNewsReports on Twitter for regular updates.

Source: ด่วน! 'อนุทิน' สั่งสธ. ชงศบค.เลื่อนเปิด 'Test and go' ถึง 31 ม.ค. หลังโอมิครอนพุ่ง https://www.matichon.co.th/covid19/news_3114611

Its in the link from the OP 

"Anutin also specifically referred to implementing a January 10th cutoff date for those arriving on Test and Go, a previously discussed issue of much contention on social media. Under this proposal, if one arrived after they would need to do the Phuket Sandbox or quarantine under regular multiple-day quarantine programs"

5 minutes ago, JackGats said:

Is the 72 hours flexibility with respect to departure or arrival?

i don't know only seen forum reference somewhere, have no official link  

hence my maybe, apparently, ? 

perhaps others can provide the answer.

1 hour ago, aussiexpat said:

Really, it's clearly stated in multiple reports that no entry via test & go after 10 Jan....flights, hotel, taxi, PCR tests wasted ????

We live in volatile times, you have to live with it or stay at home.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

The continued suspension was to be expected.

But having annnounced that previously approved T&G passes would be honored, to suddenly reverse on that giving people less than a week's notice is seriously bad faith. Let's hope the committee either omits this or at least makes it a more reasonable time period e.g. a month's notice.

This Government can't count that far!

However, joking apart,it's been said before by myself and others that the reason for all this "flip flopping" and changes of restriction rules are not to do with the welfare of the populace in mind - Covid is a perfect excuse to maintain the "State of Emergency"  (which nobody seems to mention any more, but is still in place, and was extended (for the 15th time) on 1st December 2021 until 31st January 2022.

And it is obvious what that means in terms of "democracy", and canvassing for votes in any prospective future elections! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paul Henry said:

If Thailand has a majority of people vaccinated they are swimming agains the tide. Many other countries that have high vax rates are doing away with testing and quarantine and letting the Omicron virus spread to unvaccinated populace to build up their immune system. By end of January we will see our friends change the rules again.

There is so much wrongness in your post, I don't know where to start. 

Nobody is allowing Omicron to spread. Do you think that major countries like the UK, France and the US have stopped testing? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, poohy said:

i am vaccinated no problems with that

But we have still too many unvaccinated of poorly vaccinated people Thailand. Postponing the Omicron onslaught by a few weeks will save lives. Whether you get a bad case or not isn't our problem, as it would be your choice to come under uncertain times.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

But we have still too many unvaccinated of poorly vaccinated people Thailand. Postponing the Omicron onslaught by a few weeks will save lives. Whether you get a bad case or not isn't our problem, as it would be your choice to come under uncertain times.

I live here 

I am poorly vaccinated 1 sinovax 1 AZ

I am trying to get booster as flying to uk in Feb is it possible no

How long do you to want to delay/shut borders to solve this

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Screaming said:

This is a good idea. There are many foreigners that are entering Thailand with the new brand of Covid. I would like to see a fourteen day quarantine also reinstated for new entries. The January 15 opening of bars should also be moved up until the middle of next year on the new fears of covid.

2023 then . Sound and safe advice. I would even go for 2032 but that is me ????