7-11 ATK Test

sqwakvfr

Has anyone seen or actually purchased the 49 Baht ATK test from a 7-11?  I'm curious as to what it looks like  and give it a test run. I went to a couple of 7-11's in CNX and they were sold old.  One of the clerks said "maybe more tomorrow"?.  I have tried three of the ATK tests purchased from Pharmacies and they seemed to be OK(the price range now is 95 to 105 Baht).  The Roche ATK kit with 5 tests was on sale now for 1199 at Boots.  

I have seen/used different ATKs.

From expensive Roche, BOOTS, Watsons, Mr DIY ????.

They all look and work very similar. Little differences like the fluid already in the tube (sealed) or in separate ampoule.

There must be a hidden secret: the descriptions say to wait 10 to 15 min until reading result.

At the free COVID testing in Pattaya they send you off with the negative verdict in 5 min or so.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

I have seen/used different ATKs.

From expensive Roche, BOOTS (105/pc), Mr DIY ????.

They all look and work very similar. Little differences like the fluid already in the tube (sealed) or in separate ampoule.

There must be a hidden secret: the descriptions say to wait 10 to 15 min until reading result.

At the free COVID testing in Pattaya they send you off with the negative verdict in 5 min or so.

The ones I bought at my local pharmacy for Bht 95, Singclean made in China, gave a negative result in just 2 minutes even though instructions said 15-30.

After 5 days it is still showing negative so I guess I could use it as evidence anywhere as it has not date on it.

• Haha 2

No, now Bht49, bought the last 3 from my local 7-11 this morning, granddaughter has a day at school on Wednesday and has to go armed with a test kit.

IMG_20220103_151533.jpg.7947778fb922cf3a57d15e142675390f.jpg

Made by Baicare (Tainjin) Biotechnology Co. Ltd

Edited by Stocky
  • Like 2

..they work fine..constructed well. Made in China. Swab only. All instructions are in Thai. Easy to operate and result in seconds.

If you need any assistance, please ask.

20211228_183740.jpg

Edited by tandor
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, KannikaP said:

The ones I bought at my local pharmacy for Bht 95, Singclean made in China, gave a negative result in just 2 minutes even though instructions said 15-30.

After 5 days it is still showing negative so I guess I could use it as evidence anywhere as it has not date on it.

...The relevant authority will conduct the ATK test, and rightly so. Humans cannot be trusted for some reason!

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

I  am afraid you haven't got a clue how the test works.

Watch one of the many instructional videos on the net.

The marker at "C" appears quickly and only says that the test works.

It's all about the "T" marker. If it does >NOT< appear after 15 min the result is negative, no Covid.

And yes an unwitnessed test can not be used as evidence.

A test performed at a lab with proper document can typically cost 700 Baht.

Which part of the result do I not understand. only the C marker appeared which indicates Negative. 

COVID-19-Antigen-Rapid-Test-Kit-Result-Interpretation.jpg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, tandor said:

...The relevant authority will conduct the ATK test, and rightly so. Humans cannot be trusted for some reason!

Do you mean that there will be a 'relevant authratitive person' on the door of every bar & restaurant requiring to see a Negative test result, and that those people entering will have to wait 15-30 minutes for the result.

Why are they called Home Test Kits?

18 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Nah, no need, though am curious if ever infected.  Probably waste of 49 baht, as haven't had a sniffle in years.  If positive I could do a "Got Covid & Survived" t-shirt, or, "Got Covid & Never Knew" ????

"My Covid AntiBodies were Free"

40 minutes ago, Pravda said:

What are these good for?

To test yourself before getting an 'officially requested / mandatory' test, so you are not surprised by a forced unscheduled expensive private hospital holiday.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

That would be my choice.  If I get the flu or any contagion, I don't go out and announce it to everyone.  Though won't socialize or risk passing it on, if knowing or suspecting.  That's rude.

And when 'someone' in that evreyone you announce it to has something against you, they go tell the authorities and hey, you are in quarantine for 7 or 10 days, and costing you lots. Keep it schtum.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, LittleBear57 said:

Used several of these 49 bht kits one type gave the result almost immediately (negative) the other kit is a different type and I haven't used it yet. Very handy and will use before doing 90 day report just in case I get stopped around Pattaya/Jomtien. Like everone else we don't want a positive test and get carted off to somewhere at our own cost. This is my biggest worry not the disease anymore.

And if one of these kits showed Positive, what would be your plan of action, miss your 90 day report, or if you get stopped around Pattaya/Jomtien knowing it was Positive.......run away!

Edited by KannikaP
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

And if one of these kits showed Positive, what would be your plan of action, miss your 90 day report, or if you get stopped around Pattaya/Jomtien knowing it was Positive.......run away!

You can do your 90 day anywhere.  Does Patts imm require a test for 90 day?  That's enough reason to leave Patts.........forever.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

You can do your 90 day anywhere.  Does Patts imm require a test for 90 day?  That's enough reason to leave Patts.........forever.

I wonder if you not do several 90 day reports  in a row how much the fine would be ....?

Anyway cheaper than a eventual false positive result direction to  hospital or quarantine hotel i guess ???? in case such test controls would become installed ????

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Do you mean that there will be a 'relevant authratitive person' on the door of every bar & restaurant requiring to see a Negative test result, and that those people entering will have to wait 15-30 minutes for the result.

Why are they called Home Test Kits?

The kits sold at 7/11s etc. are called SARS-COV-2 Antigen Rapid Tests..

(You can call them what you like i suppose).

The RAT takes about 2 minutes from swab to result.

I have no idea how the bars/restaurants would set it up.

If i had to go out to such a venue then i would get my test done at an Hospital and provide a printed report as proof.

You need to ask more questions of the relevant people as to what they require.

Good luck.

On 1/4/2022 at 10:43 AM, KannikaP said:

Not do the 90 day report if I can't do it on line. Pay the fine later.