Poll: Rockets?

Jingthing

Rockets?  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Some of my friends are rocket scientists and more ????  Trying to get the skinny on what exactly is the bottleneck holding up Raptor engine production for Musk.  I think there is a design flaw in one of the pumps due to an alloy choice for the pressures involved but I'm still waiting to hear what exactly.  It might be the last straw for Raptor V1 and now just on to V2 which is easier to build but facilities not ramped up yet for it leading to costly delay.  No such thing as an ex-Marine or Engineer!

16 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

I'm not sure. It was rather thrust upon us.

Yeah.

What people choose to do with their rockets behind closed doors is their business.

But these rockets are being waved shamelessly in our faces.

We don't even have the option to make them go away.

Kind of emasculating, no?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

Some of my friends are rocket scientists and more ????  Trying to get the skinny on what exactly is the bottleneck holding up Raptor engine production for Musk.  I think there is a design flaw in one of the pumps due to an alloy choice for the pressures involved but I'm still waiting to hear what exactly.  It might be the last straw for Raptor V1 and now just on to V2 which is easier to build but facilities not ramped up yet for it leading to costly delay.  No such thing as an ex-Marine or Engineer!

V2 is routinely operating at 300 bar. 

13 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/22/elon-musks-spacex-leadership-shakes-up-as-two-vps-depart.html

Bad news. Sounds like some internal drama. Hopefully they just get the thing to work, I'd really like to see it off the ground.