Government Reconsidering Nightclub Reopening Following New Outbreaks

snoop1130

15 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

A friend had two young male farang visitors in Bangkok for a couple of weeks.  At first they were bummed out to find Cowboy, Nana Plaza and other night spots shut.  But they soon sniffed their way around with the help of taxi drivers and found plenty of night life going on beneath the surface, so that they came home at 4 am every morning.

That's how Thailand has always been. The politicians and police say the right things - and some people here are taking that literally, and believing it - but beneath the surface it's business as usual for those in the know.

13 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

Exactly!  Greed and pleasure  before saftey.   Since the rest of the world once again locking down, and restrictions happening, so will Thailand.   Opened to fast and before it was safe to do

Rubbish.

17 hours ago, JacksonM said:

In the name of greed.  Are you joking? These establishments have had no government support since day one both owners or staff and have been strung along for months..

Congratulations to all that have opened and I hope many more do the same in the coming weeks and give the big finger to this inept incompetent government.

Pattaya is pretty well open and has a higher infection rate than Bangkok and it's the inconsiderate non vaxed that are frequenting bars and spreading Covid. They are also likely to be developing new even more potent variants. Pattaya needs to be locked down fast! Unfortunately you can't fix stupid.(Antivaxers) 

For the newby posters on the forum, welcome to Thailand. It is not at all like your home country.

I have certainly seen lots of people on the forum with less than 500 messages. 

New to the scene.  Makes me wonder where they came from, some other forum platform perhaps.

The old expats who have been on this forum also have seen Thailand for all its differences and warts

as well.  With the Omicron creating so many more numbers of people who are sick from COVID 19,

it will not surprise me if the Thai government keeps the big gathering places closed, and the rest of

the high season for this Winter may not be high at all. It is true that the Thai government has not

given a lot of support for any businesses, and some who have tried to make some money should

be supported, not just shut down again. I really feel for the people of Thailand who are not the rich ones in government.

Good Luck to all of them as they certainly need it.