Pub-like Eateries to Be Closed at Level 4 COVID Alert

snoop1130

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

BANGKOK, Jan 6 (TNA) – The Public Health Ministry raised its COVID-19 alert level to Level 4 which will result in the closure of the eateries that are similar to pubs and bars as well as liquor premises.

Maybe that will shut down the noise centre near my home.

A venue in the midst of a residential area  purports to be a restaurant but has a stage & live bands every night.. food is minimal.

It doesn't even open until 6pm... closed all day?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Trip Hop said:

Meanwhile the UK has just announced that they no longer require a PCR on or before day 2 after arrival and have replaced it with a LFT? They have also scrapped the requirement to isolate until you get the result?

That is the other side of the world .... 

13 hours ago, calbts2 said:

First - where is the scientific evidence that alcohol consumption is a main factor of outbreaks? 

Complete utter rubbish.

Next - is this tool going to pay all of these businesses he wants to shut down out of his vast fortune?

Feel so sad that the Thai people have to put up with this inept, ineffective, and economy destroying leadership.

Since 2014 it has been a slow slide downward and I don't even think we have hit rock bottom yet economically.

Its not just the little guys either, I recall on Thai Visa and in other media, figs of 1600 investors leaving Thailand per year since the Coup and that was pre-covid, it must be even worse now ! Thailand was to purchase up to 22,000 MW's of power from Laos within the next year or so, currently barely purchasing 7000MW's due to failing businesses, lack of investors and of course, lack of tourist (So many Hotels in Limbo or closed down)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Are these numbered levels, i.e. "level 4" different than the colored levels, e.g. "dark red"?

I was thinking the same thing, maybe they have changed the severity levels to numbers as the Thais seem incapable of understanding colours, traffic lights spring to mind ????????

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Snig27 said:

What's the bet they are still serving in the Army Club and various ministerial bars without any problem. 

I play golf 3 times a week and get enough beers in there to get by.

They only closed courses for 1 week last year.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, robblok said:

Sorry to be logical, its not only logic its the truth.

I am not out to rid the countries of bars. But can you deny what i am saying. That once alcohol flows people forget about social distancing and rules and bar owners cant and wont enforce. I mean its the truth.

Now if i was an alcoholic or a bar lover I would not be that happy with this logic either because it deprives me of my fun.

But it does not change the fact that this logic holds. (unfortunately)

I could not care less if bars are open or closed but the logic holds and bars are ideal for spreading covid. 

There is a reason why in the west they closed bars and clubs first too. Its not just Thailand. 

Many on this forum are here for the bars the girls and are now bored to death. I get it. But nobody likes this. I would have loved for all this to be over and have a holiday with my parents. But with these rules im not letting them come over.

Will not make any difference in my city, local police drink in the bar (money under the table)????

10 hours ago, robblok said:

Many on this forum are here for the bars the girls and are now bored to death. I get it. But nobody likes this. I would have loved for all this to be over and have a holiday with my parents. But with these rules im not letting them come over.

That pretty much sums it up. For many, Bangkok is just a boring and polluted concrete jungle when the bars are closed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Expat68 said:

Will not make any difference in my city, local police drink in the bar (money under the table)????

Then good luck for you enjoy. I mean i know how Thailand is. There are rules and places that break them

4 minutes ago, smedly said:

you are correct - all you had to do was look around pattaya these last 2 weeks and see packed venues now many closed because of virus clusters - they couldn't keep to the rules so this is the result, unfortunately many of the rule breakers were here on 2-3 week holidays and the majority will have already gone home or going home soon - we are now left with the aftermath with closures and lockdowns

The proof is there but people just won't accept it as they need the bars and stuff. Problem is that people just can't or wont follow the rules and then clusters happen and then they close stuff.

Thailand only has two options to close stuff or let stuff get out of control. Just look back the beach chair drama.  They are lousy at enforcing rules. 

In the netherlands in december the death are higher again. They checked normal death rates with 2021 december and they are higher. So its still killing lots of people not to mention about long covid and other stuff.

• Like 1