SURVEY: Will Omicron be the end of Covid misery?

Scott

SURVEY: Will Omicron be the end of Covid misery?  

113 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voter the fist option because the third option contained the "and be a problem"

and be a problem is a very open  and subjective proposition IMO, 

So yes most people will develop immunity, and yes it  will mutate , but it will weaken ,and be a problem but not a big one.

I predict that in three months this pandemic will be over, and the virus will become endemic. 

The following video of the very respected Yale professor  puts it in perspective. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pond Life said:

There should be a 4th option in the poll.

4. The governments of the world will continue to make it a problem long after the dangers have been proved to be overblown.

I agree, IMO countries the world over are milking this pandemic for the financials it gives them.

Mark my words here, the days of coming to Thailand from any country by just buying a ticket, turning up at the airport, disembarking in Thailand, going through customs, then boarding your taxi or the airport rail link are well and truly over.

There will be some extra money grabbing scam or scams, ie compulsary insurance, to attend to, and this does not only apply to Thailand.

2 hours ago, Catoni said:

Comment pushing the unproven Wuhan Institute of Virology Covid escape conspiracy theory, and criticizing Xi Jinping and the Chinese Communist Party reported and removed. 

There is an article on this on the front page of the Telegraph

Considering that the USA and Canada are having a huge spike in COVID omicron cases and hospitals are filling fast, with health workers getting sick as fast, the situation is not good. People are still dying and it seems that the delta variant is not err dead yet, I think it is premature for people to think that omicron is no something to be serious about.

Thailand is lucky so far that huge numbers of people are not getting sick all at once.  That is why I will not be putting any choice on your survey.  Wait a month and do the survey again, Thanks

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sawadee1947 said:

The way out is vaccination.

Absolutely correct but sadly the lack of a credible vaccine program in many countries and the unreasonable excuses of the low intellect, scared of the needle antivaxxers are holding up beating this virus.

Before the antivaxxers on this site puff up their stuffed shirts just remember the official fact that across the world more than 50% of current hospital bed wasters are the unvaccinated.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

And 10s of thousands more possible variants out there to keep the money flowing in.

That's actually the fault of the unvaccinated who provide incubators for the virus to mutate rather than the pharmaceutical companies which are forced to continue to develop and sell new vaccines to cope with the mutations.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nope, this cow is going to be milked from here to eternity...

THOUGH US amry is supposed to have an a full spectrum vaccine in the works...that will put an end to the insider trading by the elite..haha...

New variant ?

Short sell the ... market.

Edited by onthedarkside
profanity removed

19 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

Considering that the USA and Canada are having a huge spike in COVID omicron cases and hospitals are filling fast, with health workers getting sick as fast, the situation is not good. People are still dying and it seems that the delta variant is not err dead yet, I think it is premature for people to think that omicron is no something to be serious about.

Thailand is lucky so far that huge numbers of people are not getting sick all at once.  That is why I will not be putting any choice on your survey.  Wait a month and do the survey again, Thanks

I think this survey has come at the right time, and the right questions have been asked, I am just surprised there were not a lot more posters taking part in it.