Madness idiots

pixelaoffy

15 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

No he did not write "They were having a quiet drink and not wearing mask."  He said,"They were having a drink, and removed their mask to chase him."  Big difference.   They wanted to assault him the same he did to them.

He did not say that "they removed their masks to chase him"!  He did say...

"...two idiots(Thai of course) drinking ( took their masks off)...".  Big difference.  Do you know how it is possible to drink through a mask?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

The Thais weren't wearing masks either, they have no legal rights to challenge anyone, Thai or foreigner.

They were drinking, he wasn't, he was just not wearing a mask.  You know how to drink with a mask on?   

You're right, though, they do not have the legal right to challenge him, neither does he have the legal right to be maskless outside.

36 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

And if any of you trawl the comments you can see how so many divert from the issue. Not uncommon on this board. . 2 Thais harrassed a foreigner for not wearing a mask ..  today I seen hundreds of Thais not wearing masks . I wonder if any if them get chased or harassed  by other Thais ? I think not , so it's not just about obeying rules . It's about ' dirty foreigners ' bringing Covid to squeaky clean Thailand.  Just the same when HIV ballooned  in Thailand,  all the fault of foreigners . And the incident was reported and recorded at Main police station on beach road . But not expecting anything to come.from it . 

Sounds just like many of those caught by the police for speeding in my home country, "But officer I'm not the only one speeding", two wrongs don't make a right, you chose to ignore established rules, don't cry about it when concerned citizens try to correct you on it by saying others do it also.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, bbko said:

Sounds just like many of those caught by the police for speeding in my home country, "But officer I'm not the only one speeding", two wrongs don't make a right, you chose to ignore established rules, don't cry about it when concerned citizens try to correct you on it by saying others do it also

More nonsense bokojo. Harrassed and chased.  Got it. Hey. ? No you don't want to do you 

2 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

And if any of you trawl the comments you can see how so many divert from the issue. Not uncommon on this board. . 2 Thais harrassed a foreigner for not wearing a mask ..  today I seen hundreds of Thais not wearing masks . I wonder if any if them get chased or harassed  by other Thais ? I think not , so it's not just about obeying rules . It's about ' dirty foreigners ' bringing Covid to squeaky clean Thailand.  Just the same when HIV ballooned  in Thailand,  all the fault of foreigners . And the incident was reported and recorded at Main police station on beach road . But not expecting anything to come.from it . 

More likely they don't chase 'other Thais', because the 'other Thais' will pull a gun and shoot them dead.

Many Thais chasing a single elderly foreigner is a game with much less personal risk.

20 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

More likely they don't chase 'other Thais', because the 'other Thais' will pull a gun and shoot them dead.

Many Thais chasing a single elderly foreigner is a game with much less personal risk.

Not elderly I'm 50   and if one person I will take on.but Thais don't like 1-1.  Two of them came.  It's the cowardly Thai way 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

19 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

Don't expect much joy in this mad place... leaving soon 

Should have done it 2 years ago like I did. Nothing left in Thailand worth staying for now. It was obvious to me what was coming.

COVID is going nowhere and how you live now is how you will always live going forwards.  This IS the new normal and Thailand is not the normality I need. 

Plenty more sandy beaches with beautiful girls around the World without the mess Thailand is in.

Pack your stuff and move somewhere better. Wish you good luck and Bon Voyage

• Like 1

Y'all might want to pick another area of Thailand to visit long term / live.  As I do whatever I want, when ever, and have done so for past 2 years.  Minor exception to Krung Thep, still wear a mask there, but the only place.

If you're an alky, and need bar scene & P4P, then maybe, greener pastures elsewhere.

Guest Isaanlife
7 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

Look at what you are writing;

But yet you are the one running away and calling the police.

It is almost certain that you were in the wrong. Wear a mask when in the vicinity of people! Especially people who are not wearing masks because they are eating and drinking. That is what makes people feel comfortable here. If you cannot cope with that, then you are the problem.

This is Thailand. If you like how they do it in your country, then go to live in your country. We came to Thailand because we like how they do it in Thailand. It doesn't have to be perfect. It just has to be good enough that we can live and have a good life.

You can have a good life here. Just don't be an @rse about it. Put your mask on properly when passing within a couple of metres of anyone. It's polite and respectful. If you cannot be polite and respectful, then perhaps it is time for you to leave, as you wrote in your initial post.

How do you judge someone and form an opinion when you weren't even there?

This happened to my girl, they were wearing baggy trousers & I must say it's an embarrassment.

I thought it was one step beyond the acceptable & would never be allowed in my house.

Anyway I calmed her down with a promise of a trip so we flew to Egypt & had a beautiful trip on a night boat to Cairo where I nigh had a cardiac arrest when she told me it must be love.

Strange things happen on Orange St but the show goes on.

14 hours ago, Isaanlife said:

How do you judge someone and form an opinion when you weren't even there?

The question really is - how can you not have an opinion on that ???.... 

The Op gave a description of events and continues to fail to understand how he ’triggered’ a situation under what some could term tense times...  He was out in public, asked to put on a mask, and ignored the request angering those making the request.

While refusing to comply with regulations the Op has attempted to play the ‘victim card’ and instead is suggesting that ‘foreigners’ are being targeted because the type of Thai who ‘chased’ him do not target Thai’s. He is perhaps correct there, but it's irrelevant, as he is a foreigner it is simply more noticeable when he doesn’t follow the rules regarding something so visible as ’not mask wearing in public’.

All the Op had to do was ‘put a mask on’.....  instead he was deliberately ‘passive aggressive’ and the Thai guys were ’triggered’....  they [the Thai guys] were obviously wrong, but it could also be argued that the Op had it coming. 

Thus - Judgement and Opinion: Its quite clear from opening post and from all of the responses provided by the Op that he is simply someone who wants to ’go against the grain’ or ’swim against the current’ because he feels some need to express his inner anti-authoritarianism feelings and show everyone what a free thinker he is !!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The question really is - how can you not have an opinion on that ???.... 

The Op gave a description of events and continues to fail to understand how he ’triggered’ a situation under what some could term tense times...  He was out in public, asked to put on a mask, and ignored the request angering those making the request.

While refusing to comply with regulations the Op has attempted to play the ‘victim card’ and instead is suggesting that ‘foreigners’ are being targeted because the type of Thai who ‘chased’ him do not target Thai’s. He is perhaps correct there, but it's irrelevant, as he is a foreigner it is simply more noticeable when he doesn’t follow the rules regarding something so visible as ’not mask wearing in public’.

All the Op had to do was ‘put a mask on’.....  instead he was deliberately ‘passive aggressive’ and the Thai guys were ’triggered’....  they [the Thai guys] were obviously wrong, but it could also be argued that the Op had it coming. 

Thus - Judgement and Opinion: Its quite clear from opening post and from all of the responses provided by the Op that he is simply someone who wants to ’go against the grain’ or ’swim against the current’ because he feels some need to express his inner anti-authoritarianism feelings and show everyone what a free thinker he is !!!!

"Passive agrressive"?. What an idiotic remark ...  beware on the streets now all 'aliens " in Thailand .if you decline requests from agrressive Thais to put your face mask up in the open you are aggressive. .. some foreigners really have been assimilated or "Thaified"

Edited by pixelaoffy

20 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

"Passive agrressive"?. What an idiotic remark 

And you are surprised why you were forced to run  !!!!..... ???? 

This thread has been quite amusing all the the way though - primarily do to the Op’s utter lack of a handle on reality. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pixelaoffy said:

"Passive agrressive"?. What an idiotic remark ...  beware on the streets now all 'aliens " in Thailand .if you decline requests from agrressive Thais to put your face mask up in the open you are aggressive. .. some foreigners really have been assimilated or "Thaified"

When in Rome....

I don't see any aggressive Thais.....mainly because I don't put myself in that position. 

In fact the previous person who was aggressive towards me was a foreigner, who was totally in the wrong and witnesses told him so. 

I could have gone down the 'I am right' route and used that to bash him. But then I look like the idiot. Better to not get involved in idiotic situations. Even if you thought they were wrong; put your mask on and it's done. Instead, you went through a fearful situation and then spent ages at the police station having to wear a mask anyway. Don't you feel silly now when you think of what you put yourself through?

Don't do it to yourself. The mask was the easy option. Be nice to yourself.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, rott said:

The golden rule always used to be, 

If you have a problem with a Thai, walk away or somehow defuse it because you ain't going to win. Doesn't matter how much in the right you are, you are a foreigner and automatically wrong. If it means eating a bit of shxt, do it and get away. Never had a problem myself but that was always the adage. 

My misses says, "kill them and hide the body in the jungle".

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The Op has painted a very clear picture of himself....

It is unfortunate that there are some who insist on going against the grain for no intelligent reason. 

I even believe that he is quite correct that there is no need to wear a mask when out in the open on a quiet public street.... But that is completely beside the point.... regulations ask for him to be wearing a mask - how hard is it, really ???  

------

I forget to put my mask on all the time. I get out of the car walk across the car park etc...  someone looks at me strangely.... then I realise !!!...  mask goes straight on - its obvious I forgot. 

I’ve even got straight out of the car and walked into 7-11 a couple of time without my mask - thats like committing the crime of the century !!!..... the staff get quite animated... mask goes straight on and laugh off my stupidity.....    thats as difficult as it ever needs to be.

The personal anti-authoritarian protests of guys refusing or objecting wear masks in public are just pathetic..... 

Perfect description, especially your last paragraph.

How hard is it to conform? I agree too that its not needed out in a street with nobody around. However, its a rule and not a hard one to comply with.

By going against the grain like that he looks like a fool and might even make other foreigners look bad. I hate masks my glasses get fogged up all the time. Its just a minor inconvenience. Can't wait for covid to be over and done with. 

• Like 1