Losing My Dog

KC 71

My  wife and I have lost three dogs in the last  4 months.  All of them     adopted us after being abandoned  by  neighbours  who moved house.  Each of them  were  starved,  scared things at first, but came to be happy and loving. It  was  terrible watching them suffer.  The Vet. tried his best, but nothing he could do expcept help ease their pain till the end.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

There's always one I guess.

Worse yet, you fully knew that your comments would not be appreciated in this post but you just couldn't stop yourself. You should find a different hobby than spreading darkness.

Shameful.

ok , maybe I overreacted .....  but let me put it to you this way ,  do you think it's ok to live in a street with soi dogs poop everywhere,  barking, chasing anyone who rides past, attacking elderly out walking ??   you think that is ok ? 

38 minutes ago, robblok said:

Maybe you should understand that a pet at home is not the same as a soi dog. Responsible dog owners clean after their dog (i certainly did) and make sure they don't bother people. 

Also if you never had a pet you don't understand the pain people feel when they lose them, so its not a smart thing to post inflaming remarks in such a topic. 

You might have thought it was funny or got a kick out of the reactions but it certainly is not for the guy who is hurting. Im now mainly over it but i remember how i was when my dog died. 

understand

3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

understand

Look some funny banter about pot heads that is just it funny banter and I doubt that people take offense. I certainly do not. Just like when i post to you i take things to extreme (like in this topic) and you respond with a smile. So you do have a sense of humor.

You seem to understand now that is good. It really hurts when you lose a pet, i never had a dog before and when he died it really hit me hard for a while. Never imagined it. I think you will only know when it happens to you. It really feels bad.

Taking the <deleted> in topics can be fun, but not every topic is suited for it. Anyway as you understand all is well. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, giddyup said:

Never shed a tear for the loss of my parents or a close friend, but cried like a baby when I had to put down my dog of 15 years.  A  dog can get into your heart in a way people can't.

Not it mine, horrible, dirty, sly animals.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, animalmagic said:

I am sorry that you are so triggered by my expression of sympathy and compassion towards another person who has lost their friend and companion of many years.

I am sorry, I do understand the poor guy has lost his friend.  my apologies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RocketDog said:

Worse yet, you fully knew that your comments would not be appreciated in this post but you just couldn't stop yourself. You should find a different hobby than spreading darkness.

Shameful.

my apologies to you, I realize now the guy has lost his companion and friend and I regret what i said.  I did overreact , Soi dogs are annoying and they can be a nuisance to kids and the elderly.  Please accept my apology.  rgs 

On 1/24/2022 at 3:36 PM, robblok said:

Its not just you i lost my dog a few months ago. I had to put him down as he was suffering 17 years with him from puppy on. Yes it hurts. 

Sorry about your dog Rob, I thought it was very hard to get a vet to put your dog down, it has always been my big fear about having a dog which was suffering and you could not do anything about it.

Just now, possum1931 said:

Sorry about your dog Rob, I thought it was very hard to get a vet to put your dog down, it has always been my big fear about having a dog which was suffering and you could not do anything about it.

It was really hard had to really use the contacts of GF and even then it was not easy. Believe me there are not many vets willing to do this. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RocketDog said:

Shameful.

Yes, the avatar says it all.

• Sad 1

I was adopted by a young soi dog about 3 years ago, he was skin and bones. He just turned up in my yard begging for food. Wonderful dog, became my best buddy over the next few weeks. He started to sleep on a mat on the balcony. I got him inoculated and nursed him back to full health. Most people in the soi got to know him and many made a fuss of him, he was so friendly towards people.

About 6 months ago he brought a female 'friend' back home one morning, a small terrier type, she was in a terrible state.

Cancer of the uterus and other stuff. The vet told me she would certainly die within a few weeks. The lady living opposite took a shine to her and took her in, paid for an op and gave her a home. 

Sadly both dogs were maliciously killed by poison yesterday morning. I'm totally distraught, gutted and feeling empty, so angry! The sad <deleted>ker who done this has also killed a few more strays, cats and other wildlife lay dead in the soi. All because one or two of his chickens got loose and were killed, presumably by dogs, possibly my Ben. The paddy field behind our soi is littered with dead dogs and birds.  More dogs have been reported suffering and dying this morning.

The police don't want to know.  

I feel the pain. Apologies.

R.I.P. Ben & Suzie.           

Edited by Madgee
Add video
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, Madgee said:

I was adopted by a young soi dog about 3 years ago, he was skin and bones. He just turned up in my yard begging for food. Wonderful dog, became my best buddy over the next few weeks. He started to sleep on a mat on the balcony. I got him inoculated and nursed him back to full health. Most people in the soi got to know him and many made a fuss of him, he was so friendly towards people.

About 6 months ago he brought a female 'friend' back home one morning, a small terrier type, she was in a terrible state.

Cancer of the uterus and other stuff. The vet told me she would certainly die within a few weeks. The lady living opposite took a shine to her and took her in, paid for an op and gave her a home. 

Sadly both dogs were maliciously killed by poison yesterday morning. I'm totally distraught, gutted and feeling empty, so angry! The sad <deleted>ker who done this has also killed a few more strays, cats and other wildlife lay dead in the soi. All because one or two of his chickens got loose and were killed, presumably by dogs, possibly my Ben. The paddy field behind our soi is littered with dead dogs and birds.  More dogs have been reported suffering and dying this morning.

R.I.P. Ben & Suzie.           

I feel for you, you must be angry beyond words.  My advice, for what it is worth, go find another dog to help and provide a loving home, there are thousands out there who need love, care and security.

As for those on here, and the one who poisoned your dogs,  who hate soi dogs and just want to kill them off, I hope that there is a special hell for morons like that.    

Edited by Doctor Tom
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

Will never understand people's sentimental attachment to dogs, did have one when I was a kid and thought they were a dirty, noisy nuisance even then

Will never understand some people's lack of sensitivity for others. 

Why did you post? ....  Ahh, now I realise it's all about you!  

• Like 2

its coming up to 4yrs.feb.2018 when we lost our beloved,yes he was part of the family and we still feel the pain.anyone who has to go through the suffering like we did for over 3yrs.not knowing what to expect,i can tell you just about most of the  meds you are given and what they can do to your beloved, also about the 2legged parasites that invade your wallets.go back to 2015 and for the 3yrs till 2018 you can read all my previous posts.me and the wife got a lot of support from TV.members that helped us a lot during our suffering especially the late PATSY CAT who was a member loved by everyone[r.i.p.] we did say we wouldnt have another,but 2yrs ago one came our way and put the smile back on our faces and made us into the kind people we are to all animals.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2022 at 9:22 AM, Madgee said:

I feel the pain. Apologies.

R.I.P. Ben & Suzie.           

talking to all neighbours, writing a letter for them to be dropped at letterboxes, with a pledge for a cctv recordings on the night animals were poisoned, would be a partial proof, that that chicken owner was indeed responsible.

Neighbours can send copies of cctv to your email box and directly to police.

Neighbours should be asked to report to police a crime which happen. 

All can sign a petition to police to investigate.

Also all can talk to the murderer.

You can make his killing hobby something, which he would regret. Including bringing corpses of dead animals to his property and asking him to bury them in his backyard. Asking local authorities to force him to bury. 

Also asking for compensation for each domesticated animal. If your claims are not met, taking him to courts

• 6 months later...
26 minutes ago, Madgee said:

It's been over 6 months now since my dogs and others were poisoned and I still think of them daily. I miss them both so much.

The neighbours that weren't 'dog friendly' now realise that it was my dog Ben, who kept the soi 'stray free', he was definitely the alpha male around here. We are now inundated with strays chasing up and down looking for bitches on heat! 

About 2 months ago, a dog similar to my Ben came running into my yard one evening seeking refuge from a pack of dogs trying to mate with her, obviously she was on heat. She was in such a sorry state, battle scarred and malnourished so I gave her some left-overs to eat and some fresh water. After about an hour, she wandered off into the night. The following few nights I did have a look around the area to see if I could find her but to no avail.

Then 5 weeks ago, she just appeared from nowhere on my balcony one evening. Tail wagging, hungry and thirsty but so friendly. She didn't want to leave so when I went to bed I left the gate slightly ajar. The next morning she was still here. It was almost as this was her home .... It is now!

Fully vaccinated, spayed (along with 5 unborn pups) and up to a normal weight, I can't believe how much she looks and behaves like Ben. Also she is liked by the surrounding neighbours because she has the same traits as Ben, she's becoming the soi custodian! According to more than one local, she's the daughter of Ben! 

Ben top ...... Benji (daughter) bottom.

1150327444_BenBenji.thumb.jpg.9f954a9a9c9a8dff23ba4e6d943b3035.jpg 

well done you.  She will now have a loving life that was denied to her before. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, proton said:

something weird about people who feel they have to have dogs stinking the house out, making a racket and drooling all over the place, cats I can understand but dogs are just disgusting animals.

I was waiting for your negative comment, I knew it would come sooner rather than later. I honestly feel sorry for you, I really do. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2022 at 7:40 AM, HAPPYNUFF said:

My  wife and I have lost three dogs in the last  4 months.  All of them     adopted us after being abandoned  by  neighbours  who moved house.  Each of them  were  starved,  scared things at first, but came to be happy and loving. It  was  terrible watching them suffer.  The Vet. tried his best, but nothing he could do expcept help ease their pain till the end.

Its not easy to put a pet/pal to sleep yourself but its the better in the end to stop the suffering I know had to do it twice in the last 12 months using Helium gas  https://petsofun.com/how-to-euthanize-a-dog-at-home-without-a-vet/

• 3 months later...
On 1/24/2022 at 5:00 PM, steven100 said:

There's a few down the road from me you can also take home,  kids and the elderly will appreciate you if you take them as they will be able to walk and ride a bike around safely like in a normal street without being attacked. 

There are two near me who won't even come near me, I battered both of them with a very large stone when they attacked me as I was riding my bike.

• Like 1