Thailand’s 2021 corruption standing drops six places to 110th out of 180 countries

webfact

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

Both those are in newspapers and under public investigation. Notice the difference? 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Corruption in Thailand? No way

its great system.  ,it works. ,pay get what you wont. ,trying living where there is no corruption   , do this do that jump through fire ,still dont get what you wont or need 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I would like to remind some that all countries have corruption problems and that corruption in Thailand is often very practical if only to escape the administrative burden. In my country, only the very rich have access to corruption, even here the poor can make their life easier for very little money

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, talahtnut said:

Unbelievable.

The uk should be almost black, right down the bottom of the list.

Haha. You like to believe that. But for it's problems corruption ain't one of them. As I see starving people in a country like Thailand around those with their BMW and Mercedes .. I know which country has more problems 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

The article is not about corruption. It's about corruption PERCEPTION

Here's the website

Not quite. From the article

“including:

• Effectiveness of suppression of corruption and law enforcement against offenders.
• Transparency and accountability in public sector spending.
• Corruption in the executive, legislative and judicial branches.
• The involvement of business operations in corruption.
• The use of political power in corruption, patronage.
• Bribery involved in the various processes of doing business.”

perception is based on peoples view of reality. And it’s Thailands reality that has perceived to have dropped in relation to other countries. It’s not just opinions that are used, it’s reality and comparative opinions of that reality.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mad mick said:

lets not leave out Australia they probably surpassed Thailand just behind US

Australia records its worst ever score on anti-corruption index after decline to match Hungary’s

buttt it depends how you define corruption I suppose. As has been pointed out by developing nations many times, the west often sets the rules as to what corruption is, the terribly "corrupt" things they do are then not seen as corruption.   Id consider the City of London as one of the most corrupt places on the planet.  For example, they literally have people watching parliament to make sure nothing untoward takes away their ability to be "legally corrupt" and if someone attempt sot they step in.   eg exemption from freedom of information laws

Edited by BumGun

8 hours ago, talahtnut said:

Unbelievable.

The uk should be almost black, right down the bottom of the list.

Do me a flavour. Crime in every country but typical uk ‘corruption’ is tabloid-driven tat such as ministers having a glass of wine, a bent copper or someone making a bit on the side as opposed to endemic top-to-bottom shadiness. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, BumGun said:

Australia records its worst ever score on anti-corruption index after decline to match Hungary’s

buttt it depends how you define corruption I suppose. As has been pointed out by developing nations many times, the west often sets the rules as to what corruption is, the terribly "corrupt" things they do are then not seen as corruption.   Id consider the City of London as one of the most corrupt places on the planet.  For example, they literally have people watching parliament to make sure nothing untoward takes away their ability to be "legally corrupt" and if someone attempt sot they step in.   eg exemption from freedom of information laws

"Legally corrupt"? Hahah. Thailand tops that . Can't get UK on that pal.

And what about your promise to fight corruption, Cha Cha? I doubt if you even remember back that far, but when you and your clowns launched a coup, it was ostensibly to restore law and order, which you accomplished with draconian measures, and to get rid of the rot, and corruption in immigration, the police, customs, the government, and at the highest levels, which you never even made the slightest attempt to do. You substituted 7 foot alligators, with 14 foot crocodiles. And you have spent your entire 7 years protecting the elite, those in office, the army, the police, those who are connected, and the super wealthy. For God's sake, you could not even bring the Dark Tao killer to justice, nor the Red Bull creep. Again, busy protecting the wealthy with all of your power. 

The real problem is, you will not go after any of these guys. Not the top bankers, not the high ranking guys, not the provincial authorities, and certainly not the army, or the police. They are all corrupt beyond imagination. And the level of corruption simply escalates, the further up the food chain you go. As far as most of us are concerned, everything is the same. The police and army are not expected to be honest, and they are not expected to engage in law enforcement, traffic or public safety, on any level. It is an irrevocably broken and dysfunctional system. Any hyperbole to the contrary, is just a smoke screen, intended to deceive the most naive amongst us. 

Now, in this time of desperation, with your nation needing you more than ever before, where on earth are you? What have your proposed? Where are the solutions? How are you going to rescue the economy, and the millions who are out of work? Where is the meritocracy? Why are you always picking from the bottom of the barrel, when it comes to appointments? Why do you insist on people with no experience? Sheer cronyism? The nation does not need or want that nonsense.

Grow up. Be a man. Behave like a man. There are at least a dozen good reasons why you should be removed from office. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Not quite. From the article

“including:

• Effectiveness of suppression of corruption and law enforcement against offenders.
• Transparency and accountability in public sector spending.
• Corruption in the executive, legislative and judicial branches.
• The involvement of business operations in corruption.
• The use of political power in corruption, patronage.
• Bribery involved in the various processes of doing business.”

perception is based on peoples view of reality. And it’s Thailands reality that has perceived to have dropped in relation to other countries. It’s not just opinions that are used, it’s reality and comparative opinions of that reality.

Whichever way you look at it, the report is still about perceived corruption rather than comparing instances of actual corruption in each country which incidentally  would be a much more interesting report. 

44 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

And what about your promise to fight corruption, Cha Cha? I doubt if you even remember back that far, but when you and your clowns launched a coup, it was ostensibly to restore law and order, which you accomplished with draconian measures, and to get rid of the rot, and corruption in immigration, the police, customs, the government, and at the highest levels, which you never even made the slightest attempt to do. You substituted 7 foot alligators, with 14 foot crocodiles. And you have spent your entire 7 years protecting the elite, those in office, the army, the police, those who are connected, and the super wealthy. For God's sake, you could not even bring the Dark Tao killer to justice, nor the Red Bull creep. Again, busy protecting the wealthy with all of your power. 

The real problem is, you will not go after any of these guys. Not the top bankers, not the high ranking guys, not the provincial authorities, and certainly not the army, or the police. They are all corrupt beyond imagination. And the level of corruption simply escalates, the further up the food chain you go. As far as most of us are concerned, everything is the same. The police and army are not expected to be honest, and they are not expected to engage in law enforcement, traffic or public safety, on any level. It is an irrevocably broken and dysfunctional system. Any hyperbole to the contrary, is just a smoke screen, intended to deceive the most naive amongst us. 

Now, in this time of desperation, with your nation needing you more than ever before, where on earth are you? What have your proposed? Where are the solutions? How are you going to rescue the economy, and the millions who are out of work? Where is the meritocracy? Why are you always picking from the bottom of the barrel, when it comes to appointments? Why do you insist on people with no experience? Sheer cronyism? The nation does not need or want that nonsense.

Grow up. Be a man. Behave like a man. There are at least a dozen good reasons why you should be removed from office. 

I am in no way disagreeing with your post, however I am yet to find out anyone else has not the intention, but a strategic plan to address the important matters at hand, and bringing corrupt officals to justice, along with their families and confication of assets on conviction.

However I am sure the Saudis can assist him in rectifying the matters at hand

Edited by RJRS1301

10 hours ago, riverhigh said:

I can relate to the Corruption Perception study. I was walking down Soi 6 and my Sexy Man Perception has moved up 6 notches since the beginning of Covid. It's true, I'm really feelng the chemistry. For you naysayers, I confirmed the results with the Mamasan who said I am much more sexier than before. 

Think you might have gotten short-changed.

My Hansum Man perception jumped up 12 notches post-COVID.

Recently confirmed by a handful of cooties in Soi 6 as well -  "You so hansum - why I never see you before theerak"

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

I am in no way disagreeing with your post, however I am yet to find out anyone else has not the intention, but a strategic plan to address the important matters at hand, and bringing corrupt officals to justice, along with their families and confication of assets on conviction.

However I am sure the Saudis can assist him in rectifying the matters at hand

Unfortunately, you are likely correct. Other than Thanathorn, there does not seem to be another capable of leadership, and at least offering the potential of some integrity and honor. It is much needed after these very long years of highly toxic one foul party rule. However, that cannot and should not excuse the extreme malfeasance of this current crop, nor the Prayuth Destruction, and the manner in which they have laid waste to the economy and the nation's potential. 

They will scream Covid, Covid, but we all know it is merely a cover at this stage, and is only one aspect of this horrific equation. 

maxresdefault.jpg

images.jpeg

20180620_200111.jpg

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Hang on, didn't they sell the coup based on stamping out corruption, while engaging in street protests organised by Thailand's most corrupt politician?

And wasn't it bought hook line and sinker by many Thais and some foreigners?

????

Yes you are right. Perhaps they have stamped out bad corruption but expanded the good corruption aspects ????