Former boxer beats his mother to death after he's told not to go out on a motorcycle - all caught on CCTV

webfact

Some people in the world become bullies when they are children, and through their teen years,

into their adult lives. They are not really mental, just bullies. I agree that there are a lot of decent Thai

men, such as my relatives in Bangkok, who are polite, decent, hard working people, they have their

good and bad days just like all of us do.  This former boxer may have been mental, but that is no reason

to paint all Thai males in the same way.  I do hope that this killer spends a lot of year in jail.

RIP to the mother.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Stargeezr said:

Some people in the world become bullies when they are children, and through their teen years,

into their adult lives. They are not really mental, just bullies. I agree that there are a lot of decent Thai

men, such as my relatives in Bangkok, who are polite, decent, hard working people, they have their

good and bad days just like all of us do.  This former boxer may have been mental, but that is no reason

to paint all Thai males in the same way.  I do hope that this killer spends a lot of year in jail.

RIP to the mother.

Be careful.  Reason = apology

20 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Seems he had enough mental health to study Muai Thai for years, then do a stint in the army though, huh?

Mental illness was probably caused by Muai Thai, either through the repeated impact and/or the drugs taken in training. Violent sport should be removed from the face of the earth. And yet the Thais are whingeing because the IOC want to remove boxing from the games.

Offensive posts and the inflammatory replies have been removed:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonising other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

16 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Hmm, that does make me think about why children are allowed to compete in matches…

About 40+ years ago I saw a match or two involving kids at some local fair in Loei.  One kid got a head kick that lifted him off the mat.  Brutal! 

One more Man Baby of Thailand.

Ups the game and kills his mum over nothing.

What a total failure Thailand can be some times.

Ps  Mental health issues,

This is the new brake failure, get out of prosecution phrase for Thailand's bad guys.

TIT

Edited by Orinoco

15 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Second in two days. Yesterday someone killed his mother after she refused to give him 100 baht to buy drugs. We read similar over and over again, and often it is because the killer is mentally ill yet allowed to roam free on the streets to be a deadly danger to others. And if we don't read of mother killers, we read over and over again of relatives raping children. Sometimes even teachers doing it.

Why are pepple reading such stuff? Does it excite them? The gutter press exist in every country and has the same function: to pander to the lowest values in the lowest people. You can, unfortunately, read the same stories in any press anywhere in the world. They are stories of the dark, sad side of human nature. People who immerse themselves in such stories, getting vicarious satisfaction from them are potentially damaged.  People who attribute a national trait or generalise about such crimes are worrying and potentially mentally ill.

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Why are you reading such stuff? Does it excite you? The gutter press exist in every country and has the same function: to pander to the lowest values in the lowest people. You can, unfortunately, read the same stories in any press anywhere in the world. They are stories of the dark, sad side of human nature. People who immerse themselves in such stories, getting vicarious satisfaction from them are potentially damaged.  People who attribute a national trait or generalise about such crimes are worrying and potentially mentally ill.

You appear to be commenting on things you don't read as you don't wish to read negative stuff. Up to you if you want to ignore such reports. But at the same time I don't 'immerse' myself in such reports, but read news items that are offered to us each day by this site. I read the 'dark, sad side' as well as the good. It gives balance. Balance is good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Can you expand a little on this?

Gecko123 was quoted as saying:

The Thai male bashing on this forum is an embarrassment. In my opinion, it's driven by foreign men seeking to rationalize and justify their sexual exploitation of Thai women (whether you're talking about holiday-makers or long-stay visitors). This needs to stop.

I would also love to hear his explanation. If he is referring to the sponsorship alot of foreign men offer local women, so they can support their families and build homes, there is not much to work with there. Is he referring to the mutually agreed (consensual) upon fees that women accept for sexual services? Is he implying that this is a moral transgression of some sort? If so, it seems like a harsh judgment of the lovely and willing women here. And if so, is he suggesting an alternative form of employment that pays well? 

Let's wait for his articulate reply. He is very familiar with Thai society, after all. 

Back to the coddling of boys. I see it all the time. I doubt I am the only one to witness this. Granted, I know many Thai men who have risen above (this bizarre tendency of parents), and become well developed, hard working, honest, generous men. They likely did not buy into the hype. 

Edited by spidermike007

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You appear to be commenting on things you don't read as you don't wish to read negative stuff. Up to you if you want to ignore such reports. But at the same time I don't 'immerse' myself in such reports, but read news items that are offered to us each day by this site. I read the 'dark, sad side' as well as the good. It gives balance. Balance is good.

Try commenting on the good if you are so balanced.

But what actually do is you read the sordid stories then extrapolate from them s generalised anti Thai hate narrative.  And you encourage others to do so. And you attack decent people who refute your message of hate. You are fooling no-one. Try living in Thailand and meeting a few Thai  people instead of sniping  from far away.

An off topic post trying to hijack the tread has been removed, also replies

Posting off topic like this is trolling and can earn a warning and posting suspension.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

14 hours ago, steven100 said:

yes ,  seems to be a lot of mama killings and girlfriend killings lately .....       thais are ' ya ba ' addicts and they are crazy sob's when they get drunk ...  most are POS imo,   you only have to walk a soi with food and the odd bar and you will soon see the lunatics. 

I would like to see a study that vindicates my belief that drug usage increases exponentially as unemployment rises.  Noting that it is often the uneducated Thais that work in the farang related industries they are filling their free time and poverty with yaba and violence. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Try living in Thailand and meeting a few Thai  people instead of sniping  from far away.

I've been living in Thailand for 26 years, so I think I have a pretty good idea of what happens here, and I have been married to a Thai for 31 years. Related to comparing Thailand to overseas, not one of the people my wife knows who has gone to live in other countries wants to return. Not one. That says a lot. They don't want to live in their own country after they have seen what other places offer. I stay here because it wouldn't be fair move her away from her family and we do live pretty comfortably.

33 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

not one of the people my wife knows who has gone to live in other countries wants to return. Not one. That says a lot. They don't want to live in their own country after they have seen what other places offer.

I agree with you but I no longer want to live in my homeland due to immigration. Before coming here, home just never felt like home anymore. And I don't feel like Thailand is either in that they put up too many barrier to make us feel welcome. But in saying that Thailand will be my final resting point.

32 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I agree with you but I no longer want to live in my homeland due to immigration. Before coming here, home just never felt like home anymore. And I don't feel like Thailand is either in that they put up too many barrier to make us feel welcome. But in saying that Thailand will be my final resting point.

I'm guessing, with your comment in immigration, you might be from the UK. And if so, how much places have changed depends on where you go. For example, I visited the Isle of Wight after a gap of 35 years and very little had changed there. Get outside of the cities and I think I'd find the same thing elsewhere too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adumbration said:

I would like to see a study that vindicates my belief that drug usage increases exponentially as unemployment rises.  Noting that it is often the uneducated Thais that work in the farang related industries they are filling their free time and poverty with yaba and violence. 

The relationship between economic conditions and substance abuse is ambiguous. Several studies have found that tighter budgets during economic crises impacted drinking behaviors, including less alcohol consumption, with people switching to cheaper products and drinking at home rather than drinking at bars [4,5,6,7]. However, prior studies have documented that economic downturns, along with their related stresses such as job loss, are associated with increased problematic drinking [8, 9]. There is also evidence that unemployment is strongly associated with problematic substances use, including the use of alcohol, marijuana, and illicit drugs [10]. An international study from Australia found that economic downturns were significantly associated with the frequency of marijuana use among young adults, and a procyclical relationship was found for the frequency of drinking [5].

https://bmcpsychiatry.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12888-020-02981-7

12 minutes ago, Watchit said:

Nothing to do with this case at all. 

It may well have, he may have suffered head injuries causing a dementing illness and comorbid mental health problems :

From the report "A relative who is also assistant phu yai ban said that Wit had learned Thai boxing since childhood and fought under the name of "Prawit Sit Phrakhru" - the last part of the name being the area where the murder occurred."