Food delivery guy with "face like a demon" admits guilt after hitting man walking on the sidewalk

webfact

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Not content with riding illegally on the sidewalk the rider walked back and a full on ding-dong ensued in which Issara was almost knocked unconscious. 

Is that anything like a Hostess Ding Dong?

While i suspect this isn’t “Thailand” style per se, I’d like the see the employers of these people also be charged as facilitators or, if there was reasonable foresight, then co-conspirators if you will.  

That way, the victim has both a physical person that can be sanctioned (ie incarcerated) as well as a more well-funded corporate entity from which the judiciary can now assess serious monetary penalties from and/or the victim can move forward with a civil suit.

It’s my opinion only that some, if not much of the so-called bad-driver behaviors could be either eliminated or severely cut back if you make it such that their employers take the heat - the employers get fined for sidewalk driving, for careless driving etc.

The corporate entities understand economics… as as soon as the costs to have and use with drivers who then go out and commit bad-driver acts A B, C, goes up to the point that they’re pinched financially, THEN you’ll see action. 

Sure, the companies will put the squeeze on the driver to “knock it off” …. you bet.. but at some point where the costs rise to a point that using bad drivers is just too expensive … or … the companies policies have to be modified so that better driver compliance can be met. 

Follow the money.