Food delivery motorcyclist facing legal charges for hitting and attacking pedestrian on footpath in Bangkok

snoop1130

565000001293101.jpeg

Photo Courtesy: Manager Online

A food delivery motorcyclist was facing legal charges after being caught on CCTV bumping into a pedestrian while riding illegally on a footpath in Bangkok on Monday, February 7th, before returning to the scene and attacking the man.

The footage captured the moment the motorcyclist was having a heated argument with a pedestrian on the footpath in front of a shop near Soi Saimai 78, telling the man to walk more carefully, despite the motorbike rider driving illegally on a footpath. The rider reportedly approached and started attacking the pedestrian by punching and stomping him to the ground.

The victim, named Isara Ratthonglang, 26, arrived at the Sai Mai police station to report the incident to the officials. According to his statement to the police, he went to buy construction equipment and was walking out from the shop around 1:00 PM. when the food rider was riding a motorbike on the sidewalk at a high speed and hit him.

The rider then reportedly stopped his bike, walked towards him, and rudely said that Isara walked without looking for vehicles. So, he replied that he was walking on the sidewalk and it was the motorcycle’s job to look out for pedestrians and that he should not be on sidewalks.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/02/08/food-delivery-motorcyclist-facing-legal-charges-for-hitting-and-attacking-pedestrian-on-footpath-in-bangkok/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-02-08

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Guest Isaanlife
33 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I feel much safer here than where I come from. I've only been beaten up twice here, but many times in Scotland. 

Stay off the sidewalks and you will be ok!

And what about the cop on the Ducati who mowed down a pedestrian? Is he subject to a different set of laws? Even if he is charged, will he face trial? And even if he faces trial, what are the chances of a conviction and a prison term? Seems Prayuth does everything in his power to make sure the police face the music.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I feel much safer here than where I come from. I've only been beaten up twice here, but many times in Scotland. 

Fallen down pavement holes yet, or electrocuted from hanging live electricity cables, bitten or frightened  by soi dogs, got skin cancer, food poisoning, hit by pavement motorcyclists etc, etc. No? Hang around in Thailand long enough.....

I was walking on the sidewalk in BKK and narrowly avoided being hit by two cops riding on the sidewalk……I guess it was my fault for being alive according to one poster on here BritManToo.

Edited by Mansell
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Mansell said:

Why would you put it all on the innocent guy?

Because,

The 'innocent' guy, as a local, should have known better.

Telling a local 'they done wrong' is likely to get you stabbed, beaten or shot.

I think he had a lucky escape, the outcome could have been a lot worse (as we read every day). 

Edited by BritManToo
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

Stocky guy beats up thin guy.  Video: 

This is horrible.  The motorcycle driver should clearly be fined, perhaps even jailed, and have his license taken away for some period of time.  My sympathies to the pedestrian.

I think there must be dozens of motorcy-pedestrian collisions on the footpaths daily. Most probably go unreported, and injuries may be minor given the lower speeds. 

I'd like to see this act strictly enforced and punished: one warning/fine, second infraction: loss of license for 30 days and a significant fine, third time: motorcy impounded for 60 days (nd the police cannot ride it during impound).

It's hard to hear the motorbike coming from behind, he's looking at his food delivery app/map, you're talking on the phone or listening to music - bang.

5 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Need to take a look at yourself in the mirror bro.

I accept the world/country as it is and seek to avoid being harmed.

You dream of a safe world, and look to blame someone if you get injured. 

Wouldn't you feel better in your 'nanny state'?

Maybe Thailand isn't the place for you.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I actually look where I'm walking and avoid all confrontations.

Two mistakes the unfortunate victim seemed to make.

If you watched the video, you can clearly see the victim wasn't paying any attention to his surroundings, an open manhole cover or uneven pavement would have got him as surely as the motorcycle driver. One thing living in Asia has taught me, is to really pay attention to hazards around me. The uneven pavements, holes in roads, negligent drivers, hanging wires and that low sharp rusty metal roof on the market stall are all out to get me.

He did briefly glance to the left, then looked to the right. Perhaps his peripheral vision isn't great.  One time in the U.S, I turned out onto a road where the light had changed long ago and all traffic had stopped.  Except there was one lane clear and some bat-sh!t crazy lady blew through the intersection at about 65 kph.  My peripheral vision saved me. 

• Like 1