Putin approves treaty on extradition between Russia and Thailand

webfact

1257879.jpg

Russian President Vladimir Putin. File photo © Mikhail Klimentyev/Russian presidential press service/TASS

The Russian Ministry of Justice is allowed to make changes to the approved draft agreement that are not fundamental

MOSCOW, February 10./TASS/. Russian President Vladimir Putin has approved the proposal of the Cabinet of Ministers to sign an agreement with Thailand on mutual extradition of individuals on the wanted list and criminally prosecuted.

"To accept the proposal of the Russian government to sign a treaty on extradition between the Russian Federation and the Kingdom of Thailand," said the president’s instruction made public on Thursday.

The Russian Ministry of Justice received the instruction to sign the document on behalf of the Russian Federation once the agreement is reached with the Thai side. The ministry is allowed to make changes to the approved draft agreement that are not fundamental.

Full story: https://tass.com/politics/1401301

TASS.jpg

-- © Copyright TASS 2022-02-11

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

In both directions? I was under the impression Russia would never extradite it's own nationals.

Yes, in fact it was previously reported that it's simply not possible to extradite a Russian National from Russia, something to do with their constitution and it will never happen.

If that changed then it's a major change and I really don't think anything is going to change.

3 hours ago, aussienam said:

Russian crime syndicates and other Russian criminals here in Thailand won't be happy!!!! Safe haven no longer.  All those bars, clubs, businesses and condos where moneys has been laundered.  Where to go now for them??

Cambodia

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, aussienam said:

Russian crime syndicates and other Russian criminals here in Thailand won't be happy!!!! Safe haven no longer.  All those bars, clubs, businesses and condos where moneys has been laundered.  Where to go now for them??

To be used against dissidents more than criminals.

10 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

I thought that title belonged to the well-honored sequence of POTUSes of the last few decades.

Yes! Very good point! Given their power, they have been, and always are, the most potentially dangerous to many in the World. I suppose I mean the most dangerous to the West, and also most likely, I think, to start WW3.

2 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

Yes! Very good point! Given their power, they have been, and always are, the most potentially dangerous to many in the World. I suppose I mean the most dangerous to the West, and also most likely, I think, to start WW3.

Yes right now Putin is channeling his inner gazpacho. WW3? Up to him.

1 minute ago, SunsetT said:

Russia to start WWW3 ? 

Russia should have been a eu member and also part of NATO! This constant demonizing of Russia by the west is the problem. 

Anyway, to much propaganda from both parts, but Nato is deleting in their back yard flirting with Ukraine! 

We have a bigger challenge in the future than Russia, coming from Asia, not the east Europe.

11 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Russia to start WWW3 ? 

Russia should have been a eu member and also part of NATO! This constant demonizing of Russia by the west is the problem. 

Anyway, to much propaganda from both parts, but Nato is deleting in their back yard flirting with Ukraine! 

We have a bigger challenge in the future than Russia, coming from Asia, not the east Europe.

Putin is clever enough to unite them all against the West. That is why he is so dangerous....Probably has the plans drawn up already.

11 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

Putin is clever enough to unite them all against the West. That is why he is so dangerous....Probably has the plans drawn up already.

If China and Russia make their move at the same time, and internal conflicts in USA plays out, you will have the perfect chaos! 

Some analysts and media have more often the last few weeks written about USA and Nato worst nightmare with a war on two fronts, and if so happens, not that unlikely some powers in USA will use the timing to gain power for themselves. Complete chaos and end of Pax Amerika!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hummin said:

Russia to start WWW3 ? 

Putin was asked 20 years ago if he didn't want to become a Nato member. The answer was yes but he didn't want to apply but to be invited which never happened.

6 hours ago, Albert Zweistein said:

Putin was asked 20 years ago if he didn't want to become a Nato member. The answer was yes but he didn't want to apply but to be invited which never happened.

They wanted him so much but he forgot to send the application... ????  

Then, the NATO would be a defence pact against Martians? 

Or wasn't it at Munich (2009?) with his famous speech when he warned what will happen with the NATO expansion eastwards, something else than promised by James Baker to Gorbachov (when dissolving the Warsaw Pact) "No inch eastwards"?

Edited by Saanim

12 hours ago, Saanim said:

They wanted him so much but he forgot to send the application... ????  

Then, the NATO would be a defence pact against Martians? 

Or wasn't it at Munich (2009?) with his famous speech when he warned what will happen with the NATO expansion eastwards, something else than promised by James Baker to Gorbachov (when dissolving the Warsaw Pact) "No inch eastwards"?

No the NATO would become a football league, what is better to have enemies or friends and live in peacefull coexcistense ?

For what purpose is Thailand ordering submarines and F35 fighter jets ? Are they expecting invasions from one of the surrounding countries or China ?

Did james Baker speak for him self or on behalf of the other NATO countries : No

Did James Baker speak on behalf of the east European countries eager to join NATO : No

No one in the world has the right to deny any other country to join any organization like NATO, EU, ASEAN or whatever. Besides not many countries decided to remain in the Washaw Pact.

Why were the leaders of these countries  eager to join NATO ? As it was heavily subsidized it gave them the change to collect some pocketmoney.

On 2/11/2022 at 10:05 AM, SunsetT said:

The most dangerous man in the World!

River card has been dealt, so now he has to fold or go all in.

Before he goes all in, he should look at the opponent's stack of chips.

Not looking good for Putin, and if he runs even lower on chips, his sponsors might pull the plug and insert another player at the table.

A player can always be replaced and Putin knows that.

He is playing the most important pot in his life, and a wrong move could send him to his Waterloo.