Lending Money to Thai Ladies

Danderman123

Said have no problem to borrow close family of my gf money wheo she would say yes to. So far in 5 years none of them have asked. A few of her school mates have tried to ask my gf, and the same did more than once, and this never have really been her friends, but want to be her friends now.  I know my gf was bullied in school and in the village since she was dam dam to much and now they suddenly take contact with her out of the blue. She get sad when this happens, but also seems to enjoy to tell them no. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I lent 2,000 to a Thai girl. She paid it back. Later learned she had borrowed from a loan shark. She had knots on her head. Not good.

5 hours ago, LaosLover said:

It's a fairly unusual mindset to be comfortable about some variation of pay for play in a romantic relationship, whether it be long term or just for an hour.

Prob less than 2% of people in the world relate this way. They seem happier than the average, like most people are who are (finally) getting the sex that they really want.

I give such unions the same open-minded respect that I would to people in poly-relationships or kinky relationships. I don't understand the judgement that many people have against any of these consent-based relationships.

If I wanted to help a girl I would just give her money. The problem is I would keep getting asked for more. Not good.

11 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

If you lend money to a woman, don't expect to ever get it back.  That goes for women of any nationality.

I had a long time Thai GF that worked on Soi Cowboy that asked me for a loan. I agreed to lend her the money, and the next time I returned to Thailand I was going to give it to her. She declined as she had already paid for whatever it was. Was she the only honest bar girl in Thailand?

Sadly my wife wasn't as inclined to honesty.

• Sad 1

Lend money to a Thai - can't stop laughing.

There is only one financial transaction in TH - you give the money and never expect to ever be repaid - period.

I'm ambivalent and don't care if anyone wants to give their money away just do it with both eyes WIDE OPEN and understand it's a gift.

BTW, saying "no" is not difficult to do and should always be the first answer. You can always change your mind.

Edited by Headgame
more info
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ChrisP24 said:

Sometimes making a small loan, to someone who avoids you like the plague forever afterward so you never have to deal with them again, turns out to be one of the best investments a person can make.

Yep, spot on, I learned that trick many years ago...

• Like 1

The general rule of course is do not loan money to women. Or anyone, for that matter. However, in my opinion it depends on who they are, how well you know them, what kind of family they come from (good people, or lazy do nothings), etc. I have lent money to several women over the years. I have lent money to my wife (prior to and after getting married), or her family, and always gotten it back. Always. Not always on time. But, 100% of the time the money was returned. However, they are really good people, they take this kind of thing seriously, and they are super solid folks, who work hard.

I have also lent money to a few friends over the years, and most of the time I have gotten it back. Not always. But, usually I know up front which ones are going to live up to their promises. 

The funny thing about lending money, is that if you do lend money to people who are not good and solid types, they end up resenting you afterwards, because they own you money. My wife has lent small amounts to some of her friends, and been burned countless times. She does not do that anymore. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

The general rule of course is do not loan money to women. Or anyone, for that matter. However, in my opinion it depends on who they are, how well you know them, what kind of family they come from (good people, or lazy do nothings), etc. I have lent money to several women over the years. I have lent money to my wife (prior to and after getting married), or her family, and always gotten it back. Always. Not always on time. But, 100% of the time the money was returned. However, they are really good people, they take this kind of thing seriously, and they are super solid folks, who work hard.

I have also lent money to a few friends over the years, and most of the time I have gotten it back. Not always. But, usually I know up front which ones are going to live up to their promises. 

The funny thing about lending money, is that if you do lend money to people who are not good and solid types, they end up resenting you afterwards, because they own you money. My wife has lent small amounts to some of her friends, and been burned countless times. She does not do that anymore. 

My lady lended about 300.000 bath to friends.Only 1 paid back.The others she cant contact because they blocked her on FB and her phonenumber.She have tried numeros times to find them but nobody seems to know where they are.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, internationalism said:

I did lend to a friend when she couldnt work during multiple lockdowns.

I have payed her bank loan, when she mentioned about it.

she was able to pay job agent 40k and got 2 year contract in europe.

The next time I am there I will see her, she already saved there many k euros

I suspect she still owes the agent + interest.

• Like 1

I brought my missus a new motor bike, after 4 yrs she 'sold' it to her son, fair enough, he has trashed his bike, Pizza delivery, running around for his sister and her son. "Tilak I want new motor bike, me only have 30,000 baht" I have done a deal and turned the tables " You pay 51% and I'll pay 49% BUT, name ME in book" "OK Tilak thank you" ???????? 

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Even more concerning than the subject of loaning money to Thai girls is why so many people refer to female Thai as "ladies", "my lady", etc., they're girls, or women.  Where else in the world do men refer to females they have relationships with, as my "lady"?  

That's the kind of thing hammer would come up with

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:
6 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Even more concerning than the subject of loaning money to Thai girls is why so many people refer to female Thai as "ladies", "my lady", etc., they're girls, or women.  Where else in the world do men refer to females they have relationships with, as my "lady"?  

That's the kind of thing hammer would come up with

Thanks!  A much appreciated compliment.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I brought my missus a new motor bike, after 4 yrs she 'sold' it to her son, fair enough, he has trashed his bike, Pizza delivery, running around for his sister and her son. "Tilak I want new motor bike, me only have 30,000 baht" I have done a deal and turned the tables " You pay 51% and I'll pay 49% BUT, name ME in book" "OK Tilak thank you" ???????? 

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

I bought mine a new bike a few months back. Talking to her not long ago she said she had to pay motorbike. I though she meant in her home town as she had bought one there before meeting me. No, this new one. I said I paid cash in full. Yeah but she needed some money so she refinanced it for 40k. A couple weeks later asked me pay off the new loan on the  motorbike.

14 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I am sure that someone will post that they lend money to Thai ladies and are promptly paid back every time. They also will post about winning the lottery every week.

Yes, I just won in the lottery in the draw last evening... - Eurojackpot it is - I won equivalent to $9, so now I can play one row for free every week for 4 weeks...????

I also lent money to Thai girls - both to a real gold digger, and to a cute young university student - and guess what, I didn't get them back...:whistling:

But then I lent money to a nice girl and got everything back - i.e. same-same, but different - that's why amazing Thailand is so amazing, you never know what happens next...????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stigar said:

My lady lended about 300.000 bath to friends.Only 1 paid back.The others she cant contact because they blocked her on FB and her phonenumber.She have tried numeros times to find them but nobody seems to know where they are.

That is alot of money. I would be hiring detectives to find them, and MAKE them pay. 

Not just money but pretty well everything else you own can/will be "borrowed" which means it's gone for good. Stuff like T-shirts, umbrellas, bintos, caps/hats, raincoats, all borrowed never to be seen again.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Rigth.My exwifes brothers stop working after i came in their lifes.Anyway they find out after a short time that i didnt give money to them.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

So, you are saying we should lend money to Thai ladies? 

For some of us  it's not a problem, for those who are skint it is.  Some of  my former Thai  GF's were Hi-so they didn't want me to pay even when we  went out on dates but I did except when they paid on father's day or my birthday.  My  wife asked me  could I let her sister build a house on land we had bought, was large enough to build 10 houses on.  Years later she surprised me with $10,000 USD  to pay for the land as she has her own company now. She also paid my hospital bill  after I had a heart attack. I have full coverage insurance from USA but it was a Holiday weekend  and needed time to have money transfered She paid by credit card and I paid her later.

Also gave a Thai lady (not GF) who owns a guesthouse a few hundred to pay electric and some bills till high season kicked in , She paid me back after  6 weeks.  Have a mama san and maseuse who because of pandemic have had cash problems so I have sent them 1,000 baht once or twice a month to get food. They have paid me back one way or another when I meet up with them. I say like in gambling never lose more than you can aford but I sometimes lend small aounts ,if I get it back fine if not oh well.

PS After paying for Sin Sod to family of my wife none of the family has ever asked me for a Satang since then. Most of the family are miidle class and own properties (Farms,houses, apartments) It depends on what kind of Thai you hang around if they try and use you.

Edited by Tony125
correction