New Elite Card allows holders to work in Thailand – for 32 million baht

webfact

14 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

1. Wealthy people have very little interest in living or working in Thailand, (or even visiting as tourists) with very few exceptions. 

2. The fools coming up with these plans, have no connection to reality, little skill or smarts, and have obviously done very little traveling outside Thailand. Either that, or their heads are swelled up so large, they should be in an emergency room, instead of an office. 

3. Thailand is once again, vastly over estimating it's appeal, it's ability to attract the rich, and it's place in the world, which is diminishing by the day. 

4. If these goons were to have any success at attracting rich expats, some major sacrifices would have to be made. Lowering luxury and wine taxes would be a good place to start. Then, clean up the air, water and land. Then pay some attention to traffic safety. In other words, wake up. 

5. The economy here is decimated. Few even want to invest here. Real estate is very risky now, unless you are buying at 45% off. And local buying power is limited. 

6. Thailand desperately needs new leadership. Yesterday. 

Well said, Sir! Ya took the words right out of my mouth, bravo! Please insert the word "delusional" into your next comments, or maybe just TING TONG so the dullards will pay attention! Ka

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Work permits have been off-limits to the TAT until now. They think they are precious, which they are not. The value diminishes with your financial capability and other more attractive, and cheaper, options if you want to stay in Thailand.

4 hours ago, SGD said:

Do the people who have to administer this farce ever question the stupidity of their paymasters who come up with a never ending series of ever more stupid "investment opportunities" for westerners ?

Can they even comprehend just what 32,000,000 actually represents, if they are earning 20/30k a month ?

Yet no-one who has $1m plus lying around is stupid enough to invest it in Thailand simply to get a work permit.

This visa is not for the likes of you and me....

1 hour ago, Isaanlife said:

Your math is wrong, it comes out to 533,333.333 a month

I was gonna say the same thing. 32,000,000/(12*5) = 533,333 baht or $16,609 USD PER MONTH. And this is just to break even before you can realize any profit on what is presumably the highest paying job in the entire country.

This is so retarded on it's face I must assume this is some kind of joke. Never again take anything these idiots say seriously.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SGD said:

Do the people who have to administer this farce ever question the stupidity of their paymasters who come up with a never ending series of ever more stupid "investment opportunities" for westerners ?

Can they even comprehend just what 32,000,000 actually represents, if they are earning 20/30k a month ?

Yet no-one who has $1m plus lying around is stupid enough to invest it in Thailand simply to get a work permit.

Do you only know Thai people who earn 20/30 k a month?

• Confused 5

I save $1000 USD per week in my job after my living expenses. It is more attractive for me to spend 6 months on in thailand living off the savings and then going back home to work for 6 months, then it is to have 1 million dollars for the privledge to work there.

• Like 1

All the jokes aside. For 32 millions baht, the least they could sell you would be the Thai citizenship.

Say, if the irrevocable Thai citizenship by naturalisation was ever for sale.

How much would it be worth to you and how much would you be willing to pay for it?

Well, if you read the link, it says…

According to information released on Thursday, the 32 million baht investment can be made in three ways, including in real estate, investment in a limited or public limited company or as an investment in the stock market, which can include via an investment agency approved by the Securities and Exchange Commission.”

• Thanks 1

The government is working from a badly thought out paradigm. The Elite scheme is the wrong way to go to attract wealthy foreigners because the visa fees are ridiculously high and you get trivial benefits for the price. Many wealthy foreigners will be attracted by being allowed to own a company, a house, and some land. Work on that foundation without the silly US$1-2 million fees, health insurance that expires when you're 70 anyway, and the tracking system of the TM30 and 90-Days reporting. Worse still, the length of the Elite cisas is much too short for the money. Keep it simple, cheap, and attractive, and they will come.