Buying new Honda Click 150

notrub

I Have been looking at, want to buy, a new honda click 150.  I found 2 in Buriram area.  I asked for a price at 3 sales shops (one did not have one) and got 3 prices 72,000, 63,700 and  63,000.  (The high price was from a non dealer shop) I have looked on the zigwheels and other sites for official price and they either don't have a price or don't even have this model listed. 

If I find one in a location far from where I live will I be able to have it serviced locally for warrantee purposes?  If yes, does it have to be purchased from a Honda dealer?  If so how could I look online for the best price and go and collect it?

What is the story on these other sellers who have new bikes for sale of different makes? I see them all over and don't understand what they are. I bought a Yamaha from one of these for sister and it was 10,000 baht cheaper than the dealer up the road.  New and all the papers etc..  They said it had to be serviced by them. Proper, clean shop.  They are in a village along the road so not so convenient (but so is the dealer). 

I will pay cash and have a pink card so there will be not problems regards registration or loan qualification.

Thanks for any comments.

Most new motorbikes sold in Thailand are bought on credit. A lot of the independent dealers who have lots of brand-new bikes, often various brands, only want to sell on their credit terms. Interests rates can be sky high, and it's impossible to buy yourself out within a short period.

While I appreciate that you want to pay cash, this 'credit selling' could be a reason why some shops offer a low or a high price.

A low price = we will make our money on the loan

A high price = we don't really want to sell it for cash, but if you insist...

I bought both my last two bikes brand new from franchised official dealers, paid cash. 

Servicing can be done anywhere and warranty work SHOULD be allowed at any official dealer.

Good luck and enjoy. It's a nice bike.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Nice bike, my kid has one.

No key, easy to leave unlocked where anyone could start it.

She paid 120,000bht, minimum deposit, maximum time repayments.

Why do you suppose that it would be easy to start if left unlocked? It could be wheeled away of course, but you must have the key fob very close for it to start. On my Yamaha, that means within a metre or so. I doubt that the Honda is any different.

And 120,000bht down. really?

You're right though. It's a nice bike.

26 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

Assume that's the total cost including deposit and all monthly payments including interest over the whole term? If so then WOW! good business for the dealer and finance company.

Oh yes, they make a fortune out of these kids who are desperate to get out on the road. The profit's in the finance, not the sale.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JoePai said:
1 hour ago, petertucker48 said:

Have you considered the Aerox 155?

Now that's the one I want ????

21 minutes ago, JoePai said:

I think you will find that is not a step-though the same as a Click with a flat floor

This is quite true. We have both a Click and an Aerox (his 'n' hers)

The Click is without doubt the more useful machine when it comes to load lugging. You can get a good size tote bag on floor between your knees. And it has a larger fuel tank.

But my Aerox is a far better machine to ride. It's the one I take out when I want some fun.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, notrub said:

want to buy, a new honda click

Bloody best bike on the market. 

Bang for your buck. 

Too bad I'm tall. 

I look awkward on anything smaller than a PCX

An ex gf bought the new Honda Lead, I don't understand why so many people are buying these, I see them everywhere.

The Click is a nicer bike. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Bloody best bike on the market. 

Bang for your buck. 

Too bad I'm tall. 

I look awkward on anything smaller than a PCX

An ex gf bought the new Honda Lead, I don't understand why so many people are buying these, I see them everywhere.

The Click is a nicer bike. 

I agree the Click is very good, still really like it after 4 years but I've considered the Lead recently only because much more storage under the seat, enough for 2 helmets plus fuel cap is at the front and not under the seat

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I agree the Click is very good, still really like it after 4 years but I've considered the Lead recently only because much more storage under the seat, enough for 2 helmets plus fuel cap is at the front and not under the seat

Yes the extra storage under seat is good.

I read that the Lead will have a new engine 2022 model, 125cc, 4 valve.

12 inch wheels puts me off 

To the OP, seems they're adding a bit if entry model, as price at 61.2K

https://www.thaihonda.co.th/honda/motorcycle/automatic/new-click-150i

For the others, yikes, , unlocked, start and drive away ????  I don't bother with my fob at all, as always pushing the wrong button.  Which unless pushed just right, alarm goes off, and I'm apparently too old to figure out, remember the sequence.  Without fob unlocked, can't be moved anyway, as wheel / motor (EV) auto locks.   Would have to be carried away.

40 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Yes the extra storage under seat is good.

I read that the Lead will have a new engine 2022 model, 125cc, 4 valve.

12 inch wheels puts me off 

yeah i don't know the impact of smaller wheels but the special edition Vietnam model looks good, hopefully comes to Thailand

Screenshot_2022-01-29-18-14-41-940_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

yeah i don't know the impact of smaller wheels but the special edition Vietnam model looks good, hopefully comes to Thailand

I went from Honda Sonic to Wave, to now DECO with 12" wheels, and was skeptical myself, but haven't noticed any difference.  Don't do much highway driving though, but have done 87 kph, and again, didn't notice much difference, aside from the suspension isn't as good as the Hondas, but that's it.  Handling is the about the same.

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Screenshot_2022-01-29-18-14-41-940_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

It does look good but I wouldn't buy a Vietnamese made Honda. 

I worked in Vietnam back when I had my Honda Airblade. 

Vietnam Honda sold 2 models, Airblade's locally made and imported Thailand model at a more expensive price. 

The guys I worked with said they chose the Thai imported Airblade's saying the Vietnamese made were not well made. 

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

The Lead is Honda's copy of the Yamaha Grand Filano - which is not bad in it's self BUT only has a 125cc engine - will relook when they put a 150cc engine in the Lead so at present the Click wins

Honda Indonesia have just launched the 2022 Click/Vario 160.   The top model includes ABS  with 14'' wheels and disc brakes. 

The frame is a new design but is it bigger/more spacious?

The promo videos don't get into dimensions ( I mean not in English).

I will enquire at Mityon.

Thanks for the heads up ScubaScuba3.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2022 at 1:10 PM, beginner said:

Honda Indonesia have just launched the 2022 Click/Vario 160.   The top model includes ABS  with 14'' wheels and disc brakes. 

The frame is a new design but is it bigger/more spacious?

The promo videos don't get into dimensions ( I mean not in English).

I will enquire at Mityon.

Thanks for the heads up ScubaScuba3.

worth waiting for the 160 

I saw that (ABS etc.) about the 160i and they said at the dealer it is only in Indonesia for now.  I think the 150i is pretty nice and it 'only' costs 1,700 euros.  I am not a rich guy but that seems like good value for money.  I don't know what the 160i will weigh but the 150i is the same as the 125i and that is a consideration for me.  Anyway, replacing my perfectly good 125 Click with the new 150 Click satisfied my retail therapy urge.  It was much, much cheaper than replacing my equally good pickup truck with a new one.