Provincial governors in Thailand told to prepare plans for COVID-19 surge

webfact

24 minutes ago, BusyB said:

In no way is it 'better immunity than vaccines' Utter rubbish. Stop spouting it.

You really need to get up to date.  Try Googling it. But it's not your fault because no peer reviewed scientific studies were made until recently - try the Lancet first - and as far as Big Pharma were concerned they did not disclose any of theirs because they were making money out of vaxxes instead.  

Common sense should have told you that a person exposed to all components of the infectious disease and recovered from it should be far better protected that those who had only the protein spike protection. As a rule of thumb it's a very close statistical choice, but both routes way ahead of those non-vaxxed.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mancub said:

Our local daily market has just tested and been closed as 40 stall operators were found to be positive, 2 of whom live in our street. They don't have any real symptoms, so they don't feel the need to completely respect their self isolation requirements.

I can only imagine that this is essentially the case in most towns.

Yes, In my area which is Northern Thailand it is spreading fast as well. 37 kids in a Catholic  school got covid and anyone that had contact with the school is now house quarantine for 6 days. Until the hospital gives the all clear.

3 minutes ago, connda said:

Can you attribute your statement to a published, scientific study that backs your assertion?
No, not CNN told me..
No, not "my doctor told me." 
No, not I read it in the Atlantic.

Can you provide a link to a study published in a well known scientific or medical journal which conclusively proves via statistical significance that 'vaccine immunity is better than natural immunity.'

Just link one study from a major journal like The Lancet published in the last 6 months supporting 'vaccine immunity is better than natural immunity.'
<insert link here>  ????

The problem with your natural immunity theory is you have to get the disease first, with no vaccine, and know one knows how that's going to work out.

Severe disease, long covid etc.

The vast majority of medical evidence would suggest meeting the virus having been triple jabbed.

Global morgues are full of people who did their own research and went the natural immunity route.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, connda said:

Can you attribute your statement to a published, scientific study that backs your assertion?
No, not CNN told me..
No, not "my doctor told me." 
No, not I read it in the Atlantic.

Can you provide a link to a study published in a well known scientific or medical journal which conclusively proves via statistical significance that 'vaccine immunity is better than natural immunity.'

Just link one study from a major journal like The Lancet published in the last 6 months supporting 'vaccine immunity is better than natural immunity.'
<insert link here>  ????

You'll find it unrealistic to find any study giving absolute proof as the parameters don't allow it, so the best a study can do is provide statistical probabilities. Seeing as you asked however, this one published in Nature two days ago and fully peer reviewed.

mRNA vaccine-induced antibodies more effective than natural immunity in neutralizing SARS-CoV-2 and its high affinity variants

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-022-06629-2

Published 16th Feb 2022

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 2

A few weeks ago our 9 y.o. (non vacc'd) went down with Covid.

A week later, GF. Even though triple vacc'd (2 x Sino, 1 x AZ),

I. (2 x AZ, 1 x Pf) Panicking as had just booked and paid for a trip home, nothing. Tested every day ATK and a couple of PCRs. All negative. Even though had been in close contact.

Don't know why I wasn't infected. Must have had the good stuff.

Edited by phetphet

Have you seen the news in many places it was crowded on the holiday this week and several were not even wear masks...just to mention that it are always the foreigners blamed... Besides that there is a big festival for the coming days in our place now... A good place to get Covid free

54 minutes ago, connda said:

Like usual, they are completely inept and unable to read statistical reports out of South Africa, the US, UK and elsewhere where Omicron has raged and declined.

UK and US yes but I would do as you preach and check the statistical reports from South Africa, first country in the world to detect Omicron and deaths still on the up

Why is there a surge when the vaccines are supposed to be 'highly effective'  than before the vaccination drive?

Thailand's fully vaccinated rate is now 70% which is close to herd immunity.

By right, it should be lower than 2000 daily cases which was the average last year.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

Oh No... All the poor guys on here praying to open up back to normal!!!!

Heaven to Betsy! 

Personally I prefer safer than sorry

If, as is the case here, the local market has today been closed down ( I don't yet now for how long) then it poses major problems for getting access to food. The Thais shop daily, rather than relying on well stocked freezers.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, mancub said:

Our local daily market has just tested and been closed as 40 stall operators were found to be positive, 2 of whom live in our street. They don't have any real symptoms, so they don't feel the need to completely respect their self isolation requirements.

I can only imagine that this is essentially the case in most towns.

Ours has also closed (unless we both are talking about Wiang Chiang Rung). Do you have any idea how long it is closed down for? If it is more than a few days there will be a lot of rotting fruit!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Cherrytreeview said:

For those of us in the heavily boosted UK...

Life is back to normal here, covid is accepted, not feared and from the end of February will be treated as the flu.

No doubt readers of this forum, watched the joyful packed maskless stadiums of the six nations rugby.

Meanwhile, it's one step forward and four steps back in the land of disjointed thinking, vaccine rollout and procurement, Thailand..

Over one year since the absymal Thai vaccine campaign began, barely 25% of the population boosted and the Thai PM is still asking for jungle drums to be banged in the villages.

There are more people fully vaccinated in Thailand then in the UK.

Africa as a continent has less around 80 % of vaccinations than the UK and Thailand. Yet they have far fewer cases and deaths, when i mean far fewer i mean around 70% less.

Just examples that don't add up, Countries seem to just make it up as they go along or get influenced by their bigger brothers, in terms of how the control the data and what gets released.

3 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

I do

Good, then leave the rest of us to carry on with life. I need to work, my kids need to go to school.

Financially secure people with no children shouldn't be allowed an opinion.

Edited by sungod
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, sungod said:

Good, then leave the rest of us to carry on with life. I need to work, my kids need to go to school.

Financially secure people with no children shouldn't be allowed an opinion.

Stop it dude, I'm gonna cry!

-->Financially secure people with no children shouldn't be allowed an opinion.

I like this one the most. Orwellian thought police at its height

You use 'US' as if you have a shadow army... you sound like the bullies when I was a kid.

"My brother is bigger than yours"... so lame I don't need a team behind me

Edited by Pouatchee
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, connda said:

Not until they hit between 30k to 50k a day.  Like usual, they are completely inept and unable to read statistical reports out of South Africa, the US, UK and elsewhere where Omicron has raged and declined.
Omicron: Highly infectious but otherwise a virus losing it's bite.

So the brain-trusts like Anutin and Prayut are just now seeing the writing on the wall?  All they needed to do was look up "Omicron Cases" in a Google search six weeks ago.  Then they'd know where this was heading. 
Instead?
Big Surprise!  Panic!!  Close Everything!!!  <head-shake>

They'll keep the emergency measures in place to 2025 at this rate while most of the rest of the world has gotten back to living life.

That's the only way the (can't call him what he is) can justify his emergency decree 

• Like 2