Are we now feeling the effects of Ukraine's situation in Asia?

webfact

3 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

If Donald Trump says so then it must be true.

Donald Trump: 'China's going to be next,' will ‘absolutely’ invade Taiwan following Russia-Ukraine crisis

Jane Nam
Thu, February 24, 2022, 6:25 AM

https://news.yahoo.com/donald-trump-chinas-going-next-232516191.html

Donald Trump got nothing to do with it , but he is certainly right on it being absolutely possible . It isn't hard to imagine , lots of troops gathered at Europe's East , leaving China less watched . Especially if response to Russia's actions are low , China will see the opportunity to do the same to Taiwan .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sezze said:

Donald Trump got nothing to do with it , but he is certainly right on it being absolutely possible . It isn't hard to imagine , lots of troops gathered at Europe's East , leaving China less watched . Especially if response to Russia's actions are low , China will see the opportunity to do the same to Taiwan .

All I will say is that Putin was able pre-invasion to station military assets on friendly positions just across the Ukraine border.

The borders to Taiwan are water.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Great to see a clear message from the leaders of the free world. Putin must be terrified.

Oh yeah, our illustrious free elected and well-thought-of rulers of the "free world".

Putin (and Xi Jinping, Kim Jong-un) must be shaking like an aspen leaf.

Did Fidel Castro tremble during the Bay of Pigs invasion?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 2/23/2022 at 5:00 AM, AndresSP said:

It will depend to a great extent on how the situation develops moving forward but i doubt it escalates beyond what it is now. Putin doesn't need an all out invasion beyond those "republics" and a bloody war with mass civil casualties. Such move will be a disaster domestically and won't sit well with the army either. He's a ruthless sob but not a madman.

Well, that sure aged like fine milk.????

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, sezze said:

It isn't hard to imagine , lots of troops gathered at Europe's East , leaving China less watched . Especially if response to Russia's actions are low , China will see the opportunity to do the same to Taiwan .

Yes.

4 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Putin's threat tonight:

"Whoever tries to hinder us ... should know that Russia's response will be immediate. And it will lead you to such consequences that you have never encountered in your history.

That was actually two nights ago, but it is no less accurate.

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

But I agree evil Putin is threatening nukes and depending on how things go, this really might be the start of WW3 even if China behaves for now

I believe the keyword in that sentence of yours, is "for now".

1 hour ago, Virt said:

If we ban Russia from passing through danish territory is considered an act of war.

I wish we could, but that would be an invitation for war.

I believe the invitations to the "party" have already been sent.

Insert coin - Press P2 player start button - Here comes a new challenger! The game is on!

53 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

but I have a feeling that sooner or later it won't be safe for Caucasians in the land of the Asians. 

It already isn't safe, but people refuse to move out, I wish more would open their eyes, but it is what it is.

We are only tolerated because we are bringing money into their economy, but they can only tolerate so much until their primal instincts resurface.

One needs to look at History, for us Caucasians it has never ended well in the land of the Asians.

55 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

The west has grown soft and believes that economic sanctions are the way to go.

We sure have and that's why we are also invaded on our own land, look at what's happening on Lampedusa and the Greek islands, every day hundreds of immigrants and fake refugees crossing the Mediterranean sea as well, they are not seeking peace, they do not come in peace either, they come with a conquering mindset.

Just like your average Thai issan bar girl begging you for a "lady drink", they think we Caucasians have grown soft and in the south of the Equator part of the globe, being soft equals being weak.

I know I'm digressing a lot in this post, but at least you now know what's on my mind.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NanaSomchai said:

Yes.

Insert coin - Press P2 player start button - Here comes a new challenger! The game is on!

It already isn't safe, but people refuse to move out, I wish more would open their eyes, but it is what it is.

We are only tolerated because we are bringing money into their economy, but they can only tolerate so much until their primal instincts resurface.

One needs to look at History, for us Caucasians it has never ended well in the land of the Asians.

We sure have and that's why we are also invaded on our own land, look at what's happening on Lampedusa and the Greek islands, every day hundreds of immigrants and fake refugees crossing the Mediterranean sea as well, they are not seeking peace, they do not come in peace either, they come with a conquering mindset.

Just like your average Thai issan bar girl begging you for a "lady drink", they think we Caucasians have grown soft and in the south of the Equator part of the globe, being soft equals being weak.

I know I'm digressing a lot in this post, but at least you now know what's on my mind.

Yeah I can see it.

White nationalist rant.

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

But aren't those banks located in the Greek portion of Cyprus? So nothing to do with Turkey.

True but i think the post i replied to was about Erdogan taking total control over Cyprus.

The money is digital, but the area is full of Russians, so that would probably be an issue.

9 minutes ago, Virt said:

True but i think the post i replied to was about Erdogan taking total control over Cyprus.

The money is digital, but the area is full of Russians, so that would probably be an issue.

It clearly is. The Northern Turkish part of the island is full of dodgy brothels ran by the Russian mafia where girls from the Eastern block of Europe (including Moldova, Romania, Poland, Armenia and Russia) are forced to work and service customers against their own will.

That money is laundered when it re-enters the European Economic Union through banks located on the Southern Cypriot part of the island, lots of these accounts are owned by Russian citizen.

This will not end well.

Edited by NanaSomchai

Historical turning point.

Yes we know Putin will win the initial battle and install his puppet.

But we don't know how that is going to turn out over time.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/02/24/putin-invasion-ukraine-shape-new-world-order/

When Russian President Vladimir Putin launched his all-out invasion of Ukraine on Thursday, he effectively ended the post-Cold War era. A new architecture for global relations must be built, and its shape will depend on whether Putin’s brutal campaign succeeds or fails.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Willy Wombat said:

As long as Biden uses the right pronouns addressing China, there will be peace.

When the dust settles, it will be appropriate to discuss whether the "woke" US military acted as a sufficient deterrent. I would argue that this woke military and their appalling defeat and bailout in Afghanistan, a vacant and incompetent US leadership and 4 years of hysterical misinformation accusing Russia of colluding with Trump to cause Hillary to lose her election did not help one bit.

Nobody invaded when Mad Dog Mattis or Mark Esper was in charge of the military. Probably not a coincidence.

• Sad 1

Everywhere you look, China and Russia, and their allies, are already winning:

1. Myanmar

2. Syria

3. Iran/Iraq

4. South China Sea

5. China/India border

6. China/Nepal border

7. Cambodia

8. Laos

9. Kazakhstan

10. Libya

11. Ukraine

12. And don't forget Thailand and Afghanistan.

In each case China/Russia has advanced its interests at the expense of the West. And there has been no pushback. Could probably put more countries on that list if looking close, such as Italy, Greece, and even places like the Solomons being bought out economically by China/Russia. Just about everywhere the West is in retreat.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

When the dust settles, it will be appropriate to discuss whether the "woke" US military acted as a sufficient deterrent. I would argue that this woke military and their appalling defeat and bailout in Afghanistan, a vacant and incompetent US leadership and 4 years of hysterical misinformation accusing Russia of colluding with Trump to cause Hillary to lose her election did not help one bit.

Nobody invaded when Mad Dog Mattis or Mark Esper was in charge of the military. Probably not a coincidence.

The Trump types position is dangerously hypocritical.

At the same time they assert this wouldn't have happened under Trump AND Putin's war crimes are brilliant and justified.

You can't have it both ways  They hate Biden and admire Putin. 

There is a word for that in times of war like now.

Putin THE ENEMY loves this.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Everywhere you look, China and Russia, and their allies, are already winning:

1. Myanmar

2. Syria

3. Iran/Iraq

4. South China Sea

5. China/India border

6. China/Nepal border

7. Cambodia

8. Laos

9. Kazakhstan

10. Libya

11. Ukraine

12. And don't forget Thailand and Afghanistan.

In each case China/Russia has advanced its interests at the expense of the West. And there has been no pushback. Could probably put more countries on that list if looking close, such as Italy, Greece, and even places like the Solomons being bought out economically by China/Russia. Just about everywhere the West is in retreat.

13. Brighton Beach, Brooklyn, New York City

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, placeholder said:

On the one hand, Nanasomchai accuses Asians of primal instincts.

Then you have read me wrong, I suggest you re-read again. What I meant was HUMANS primal instincts, not just Asians, it concerns and includes and englobes the entire population on this planet. Everyone can only tolerate so much till we reach the breaking point, including Caucasians.

But then makes all sorts of unfounded allegations about the motives of immigrants and refugees.

Then I guess you are not reading the right articles or the right press. It has been PROVEN during the acts of terror of 2015 on UK, France and Germany's soil was later discovered through investigations that the perpetrators hid among those "refugees" gaining asylum through Europe, I'm not making this up, it has been covered by the international press including the left leaning outlets.

Remember when everyone was predicting a huge upsurge in violence in Germany due to the million immigrants who found refuge there?

You need to read my friend. It's all over the place, all over the news. Sorry that the reality doesn't fit your personal agenda but attacking me on a personal level will not help your cause.

Don't shoot the messenger. Period.

Edited by NanaSomchai
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NanaSomchai said:

Yes.

It already isn't safe here? We are only tolerated because we bring money? WIth all due respect you seem to live in a world of your own. Going by your daily comments you seem to hold a strong grudge against Thailand .i can guarantee the vast majority of us here feel very safe and get on very well with the locals..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

It already isn't safe here? We are only tolerated because we bring money? WIth all due respect you seem to live in a world of your own. Going by your daily comments you seem to hold a strong grudge against Thailand .i can guarantee the vast majority of us here feel very safe and get on very well with the locals..

As long as you're putting food on their table and you keep flashing bank notes in their direction.

Want to see the real face of the Thais? Run this rather simple experiment:

Come up to them with a sob story, tell them that an incident happened in your home country, tell them your bank froze your assets and you are flat broke for the foreseeable future, see how long the "smiles" remain on their faces.

You will be surprised.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

Could be he's projecting? There are lots of disgruntled expat members of thaivisa.com who repeatedly complain about the hostility of the thai people and blame it on a generalized hostility to westerners. I remember Mort Sahl's joke about  politically controversial Vanessa Redgrave. He said "It's possible to dislike her for herself."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NanaSomchai said:

As long as you're putting food on their table and you keep flashing bank notes in their direction.

Want to see the real face of the Thais? Run this rather simple experiment:

Come up to them with a sob story, tell them that an incident happened in your home country, tell them your bank froze your assets and you are flat broke for the foreseeable future, see how long the "smiles" remain on their faces.

You will be surprised.

You actually expect farang strangers or even casual acquaintances to come to your aid in such a case? Where do you come from? Shangri-La?

Do you make a habit of sharing stories of your financial misfortunes with those in your vicinity?